Link and CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Link have replied to a request for a CCA by stating the following:

"Sections 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act do not apply to your account, thisis because sections 77 & 78 only apply to matters arising during the currency of agreements. Since the agreement relating to your account has been terminated for non payment the agreement is no longer current"

Now having looked at the Act sections 77 & 78 do come under part VI "Matters arising during currency of credit or hire agreements"

Is this correct or are they trying it on - if they state money is owed how can they state the agreement is terminated?

Help Please......

if you look around there have been similar threads youll get an answer there

but remind them of the paragraph that states

this is you will appreciate a statutory obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

like i said have a look around, but basically you are requesting paperwork for the alleged debt, so they cant deny you, sorry if i havent been of help someone else will be along shortly

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

hi flyguy,

few of us on here having problems with link and i got the same letter from them, ignore it and let them default, they do have to provide you with it.

dont discuss anything on the phone with these guys, keep everything in writing and keep copies of all your letters you send to them.

they may also tell you they want £5 to process your cca request, this is rubbish as well, the statutory fee is £1.

they are not nice people to deal with and will try to bully you into giving them money.

you will get plenty of advice here if they start to harrass you,

good luck and i'll keep an aye on your thread as i'm interested in anything link do or say:)