Skinflint13 v HSBC

Skinflint13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well wher do I start..

Made initial contact with bank stsing I was going to claim my charges and they send me my statements goung back 6 years..compiled the spreeadsheet ) including interest and sent back ( recorded ) with the standard template letter.

The bank have responded ( service quality team...leeds)

Thanking me for my letter but asking me to provide a full itemised breakdown and they've then proceeded to state they want date, amount, description and total ( this was included in my original spreadsheet ? )

Do I submit agin in the new reuired format or is my original one sufficient..as the charges are over £2000, I'm happy to foresake the interest if I can get the main bulk back !!!

Really looking for some guidance as I dont want to make a rash move that I may regret later.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have used the CAG spreadsheet and listed all of your charges as they appear on your statements this should be sufficent, it has been up to now. I would just write back with another copy of your claim but dont alter your timetable, stick to your dates for LBA and MCOL.

pete

i bet you used the spreadsheet from mse website?? the banks are more and more saying that the spreadsheet from there is not sufficient, also you should not include the 8% until you file your claim with the court (i know they say different on mse). have a look at the link i'm sending you. the spreadsheets are really user friendly and they will detail everything that appears on your statement correctly.

6. Interest calculation spreadsheets and also this

Charges description on statements - Please Read

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

and don't just add on any interest debits either - only a portion of the interest that they have charged you is reclaimable - it's called overdraft interest and if you decide to include it in your claim - you need to use the advanced s/s and do it properly.

try looking at this thread for a start in the right direction:

honeygie v HSBC *****WON***** post no.26.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

That seems to be the normal at the moment! No response to the LBA. You should now prepare for you MCOL claim. It's really easy to use and there are loads of brilliant people on this site to help you if you get stuck.

Just shout if you need help and someone will come along and point you in the right direction!:)

just cross reference it with mine that i'm sending you to make sure you've covered all the bases and please edit it - take it off - as the site asks you not to put it here as it means peeps don't have to register to get the meaty stuff - so, if you don't mind - edit it.

thanks

Once you have submitted your claim by MCOL you need to send your schedule of charges to the court to be served with your claim.

Amend as necessary.

Quote:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Hiya skin, correspondence copies are up to you, HSBC Leeds don’t bother and I doubt anyone at DG will read it. DG solicitors are part of HSBC, they will call up your account and check your figures on their computers and make you an offer (eventually) all you really need to send them is your schedule so they can check it.

pete

Hi Guys,

Well 2 copies of my schedule were sent of today, just so I get it right.. wait now for notice of acknowledgement ( will this be in the post or email ? ) and I'll then send a copy of my schedule to the banks solicitors with accompanying letter ??

I've seen the letter template which is quite straight forward but need to know where to find the address to post letter.

What is the normal timescale between sending and receiving acknowledgement ?

Apologies for so many questions but I really am nervous about this ..really dreading if it ends up in court .

acknowledgment usually follows the notice of issue pretty quickly - like about a week - by post and on the acknowd. page 2 is dg's address.

so, first you'll get notice of issue (with served date and that's the date you count days from) then notice of acknowl. and after 28 days notice of defence and a transfer to local court.

Nothing in the post yet, but on-line my claim now shows as .. 'Acknowledged'

I assume thats OK ? and I just wait for the letter in the post ???

When I receive that I send another copy of the charges spreadsheet to the address on Page 2.

Here you go:

****HSBC Contact Information ****

DG' s address is on there and will also be on the paperwork from the court.

I've seen the letter template which is quite straight forward but need to know where to find the address to post letter.

Apologies for so many questions but I really am nervous about this ..really dreading if it ends up in court .

You will be fine just read lots of threads try to find a buddy

I was in the same boat as you 5 weeks ago BANG full offer this week

the only court you will go near this summer is a tennis court.

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

Start of May Full Offer:grin:

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)