style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest buda01

i agree with you pliny 100%.

the thing with bailiffs is you would think it was their money in the first place, as though you owed them personally and not the courts or banks or council etc. bennyg13 makes out hes doing a service to everyone by chasing criminals, or idiots as he calls them. does he and others in the same profession go after people who have been fineded for ABH or Section 18 wounding or other acts of violence, NO cus their arses start twitching in case they meet up with some one who doesnt give a toss about who they are and is probably likely to tell them to **** off or to smak them one.

so they play safe and go after real criminals such as single mothers who didnt pay the fine for not having a telly licence people who put their rubbish out to early and a baked bean can fell out, so they get fined by the council and lets not forget forgetting to put your seat belt on before starting the engine or congestion charges or may be doing 31 in a 30 zone.

i suppose we can all sleep safer in our beds knoing these bottleless tossers go after REAL criminals. i think not.

Bennyg13 now that i have calmed down from reading your obviously uncalled for remarks that you have made to others,I now have a question for you concerning one of your remarks that you made in the Bailiff's section.

BELOW IS YOUR OWN WORDING

(Oh and I pay my bills as ontime as I can, and any fines i get, or I make contact with the people I owe money too, just a suggestion to everyone else, try it!)

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS

Why should YOU owe money to any one ??, is the lifestyle you are living too high for your income,perhaps you should go on your own advice and cut back on luxury items . and why would you have fines ?? after all you state that if we abide by the law then none of us would have a reason to complain regarding parking fines,speeding tickets etc etc. so i'm baffled as to what your fines would be, certainly none of the above as you are an upstanding member of the community.

P.S thanks to other members for support:)

And before to try to say that each bailiff will make 30 calls per days.......utter nonsense. Try telling that to your own professional body....as I do have published figures. The norm is approx: 8 -10 calls per day.

A bailiff who does 8-10 calls must be a very lazy bailiff or must work in the best of areas where every account holder is paying. I personally know bailiffs who go out and can knock on 40 doors a day and still not earn a penny.

No

Those that claim to do 30 calls a day simply push their letter through the door in order to increase their charges.

They don't even bother to knock

No

Those that claim to do 30 calls a day simply push their letter through the door in order to increase their charges.

They don't even bother to knock

Well some of em might but i know ones who do knock on 30 doors a day. And if they are working on magistrate court work they can not put fees on as they are automatic, they can only add fees if seizure happens.

Without going into a debate the average of eight calls a day would be normal on the basis of eight entry's into a property averaging 40 mins each would bring 7 hours work, that would be including travelling time and also sorting out the paperwork for their next client so i can agree with eight SUCCESSFUL calls.

30 SUCCESSFUL calls would mount to on average 20 hours,so it would be fair to say that 20 of the 30 calls would be placing a letter through the letter box.

Makes you wonder just why there are SO MANY complaints against bailiffs, doesn't it, when they are all so keen to obey the law.

Ah yes but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Do YOU expect to be abused both verbally and physically at work EVERY day?? No I think not, shame you think I (and other bailiffs) should put up with it.:mad:

Ah yes but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Do YOU expect to be abused both verbally and physically at work EVERY day?? No I think not, shame you think I (and other bailiffs) should put up with it.:mad:

I didn't say that - please don't misquote me or try and put words into my mouth.

If your profession behaved rather differently (and there IS a wealth of evidence) - and didn't approach looking (and acting?) like a bunch of thugs, you may get an entirely different response.

Bennyg13 once again i ask you to answer my question,you have responded to another post yet will not answer mine ??

Please do not feel i am picking on you,or that i am trying to belittle you, i just want you to justify your own words as will be found in my earlier post on this thread.

i await in anticipation.

setmefree

OK - here's an example. I am currently waiting for my application for a Bailiff Certificate to be processed, and the hearing is in May.

Yesterday I got a phone call from a distressed female friend who had a "bailiff" on the doorstep. She put him on the phone to me and we agreed that he would wait until I arrived before doing anything, and also would be ok with her.

I arrived and agreed to pay the fees, totalling £88.50 which would allow him to add the debt to the exisitng payment plan in respect of previous years CT. To be frank I did not do the arithmetic in as much as levy fees etc. My friend was distressed enough and I wanted the money paid and him out of there.

I then took a phone call and the devious blighter walked into the house, where he proceeded to levy. Annoyed that I'd let him get away with this, I decided to chat about where he got his bailiff certficate etc etc. The long and the short of it was that he is not certificated!

He has applied for one, Today I rang his company and I am delighted that they've cancelled all fees and are going to reprimand him as apparently he was to knock, see if someone was in and get a certficated bailiff there to do the levy.

However, it appalls me that someone could try to take advantage of a young mum with three kids at home. If she did not know me, she would have been stung for £90 not knowing any different or been faced with having goods removed. This is why the bailiff industry has a bad name and this practice has to stop. No ifs, no buts. If you attend at an address to enforce court orders you should be certificated/regulated etc etc.

How many other people got stung yesterday by this unscrupulous practice which was only caught out because my friend called me and I got chatting. It beggars belief.

Not all of us are bad guys - but I'm beginning to think the bad ones outnumber the good ones.

• Haha 1

Simple change jobs

repoman thanks

How refreshing to see it stated like it is honestly particularly from someone on the otherside so to speak

i agree with you pliny 100%.

the thing with bailiffs is you would think it was their money in the first place, as though you owed them personally and not the courts or banks or council etc. bennyg13 makes out hes doing a service to everyone by chasing criminals, or idiots as he calls them. does he and others in the same profession go after people who have been fineded for ABH or Section 18 wounding or other acts of violence, NO cus their arses start twitching in case they meet up with some one who doesnt give a toss about who they are and is probably likely to tell them to **** off or to smak them one.

so they play safe and go after real criminals such as single mothers who didnt pay the fine for not having a telly licence people who put their rubbish out to early and a baked bean can fell out, so they get fined by the council and lets not forget forgetting to put your seat belt on before starting the engine or congestion charges or may be doing 31 in a 30 zone.

i suppose we can all sleep safer in our beds knoing these bottleless tossers go after REAL criminals. i think not.

Buda

Just curious .... is your opinion of bailiffs based on any fact. ie. have you ever met a bailiff ?

:!: :idea: :!:

Guest Herbie

A few correction if nobody minds:

SET ME FREE

You are correct in that the number of bailiff vists each day is for Succesful visits.

PIZZA MAKER:

You mentioned that bailiffs working on Magistrate Court work can only add fees if seizure happens. That is not my understanding. Their fee scale provides for:

Admin/First Letter fee

Attendance Fee

Vehicle Immobilisation Fee

The bailiff CANNOT make a charge is he is to arrest the offender and take him either to court or into custody.

If you need any further info on this, please PM.

REPOMAN

I am pleased to hear that you are waiting for a hearing for a bailiff's

certificate. Do we assume that you will become a "helpful" adviser to the forum... I hope so. Concerning your own run in with a bailiff who was not certificated....This situation is so very common, with nearly half of ALL bailiffs working illegally, as confirmed by the Government today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will see from my earlier posts that I have written a number of times that there are just 1,410 Certifcated Bailiff's. I was slightly out with this figure as confirmed by the following:

HARRIET HARMAN MP HAS ISSUED THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT TODAY:

The regulatory impact assessment for the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Bill published on 30 January 2007 estimates that there are 1,200 uncertificated bailiffs.

As at 30 March 2007 the Register of Certificated Bailiffs maintained by HMCS currently lists 1,482 certificated bailiffs. There should be no bailiffs doing work requiring certification who do not hold a current certificate.

Guest buda01

no im not a bailiff and i dont have any friends who are bailiffs.

why would you ask such a question? do i sound like one?