style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Aww how sweet it is that you care for my wellbeing yvette, I have avoided this part of the forum for exactly the reasons I am regretting now, but I'm sure that it makes you feel better to attempt to belittle me, oh and I'm bored today.

I have avoided this part of the forum for exactly the reasons I am regretting now, but I'm sure that it makes you feel better to attempt to belittle me,

bennyg13 with regards to your above statement,I cant see what you are regretting.You have giving your opinions and have had replies from people such as myself a basic account holder right up to the moderator's.

No one has tried to belittle you as you have stated,we have only giving our point of views to what we think are justifiable.

I hope that in a position such as yours that you can give others GOOD sound advice.

I hope this clarifies matters for you.:)

3 posts in this thread unaproved

A user can't just be accused of a troll because of the job he holds .We had another baliff that was a user and giving very helpful advice but because of the unwarranted accusations about him he left the forum.

Until such time as any user proves by his posting that he is a troll then please do not accuse people of it .

You have been a member since February, why have you waited so long to post?

And why today? are you home alone and bored?

Yvette

people do not post right away for many reasons and I do not think anyone has the right to question it .As I have already said all users will be treated with respect , as the rules of this site say .If any user has a problem with a post then we ask them to report it any personal insults will be removed .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

With all due respect why hasn't bennyg13's statement below been removed this is disgusting.

Ah yes but he didn't think of it till it would avoid the bailiff, and if his self employment doesn't pay for everything he oughta cut down his lifestyle and avoid unnessecary bills (likje the bailiffs).

When someone persistently posts on threads with no constructive comments, but denigrations and 'YOU should have paid your FINE's and general remarks that have the effect of putting down the OP of those threads because of their finanical difficulties, I would call that a troll.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Yes Demon you are right,sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,bennyg13 remarks were offensive and out of order,

and if his self employment doesn't pay for everything he oughta cut down his lifestyle and avoid unnessecary bills (likje the bailiffs).

IF he has to claim benefits then he has no lifestyle,more of a daily survival so the above remark is offensive

Guest Herbie

Janet M is right, if the bailiff is the one I think it is, then yes he was of great assistance to many people, we need more like him.

with respect Herbie no one is saying that Janet M is wrong about the bailiff who was on here, we are stating that this one is bang out of order with his remarks,yet some of the remarks are allowed to stay on the site whilst our replies were removed

Bennyg13,s comments were an insight into the way most bailiffs work.

They need to salve there conscience with the thought that everything they do is the right thing.

I do understand however the comments on the can pay but choose not to and enjoy holidays etc and run expensive cars live in grand homes etc. These people have the ability to pay there and then and most often (I am sure he can confirm this) will most likely pay there and then.

What I am talking about here and I am sure so are most other people are the ones who genuinely cannot pay at all and have no means whatsoever of finding the large amounts of money that are demanded there and then, more often than not in a bullying and uncaring way.

Most people who find themselves in this position are surviving (If that is what you can call it) on or below the poverty line, and every day is a struggle to feed themselves and the children.

Surely in these cases these people should be helped rather than ridiculed, sneered at and scorned, not to mention bullied.

I would imagine as he stated himself he visits 30 homes a day hopefully now by seeing the home he would have the knowledge by now to realize who can and cannot find the money for him, or indeed (and more importantly have anything in the homes worth taking at all).

Bennyg13 has given us all an insight into the minds of these people and the job they do and the way they go about it.

I hope more people read these posts, because now more than ever we need to stop the new law regarding bailiffs becoming a law at all.

Bennyg13 has given us all an insight into the minds of these people and the job they do and the way they go about it.

I hope more people read these posts, because now more than ever we need to stop the new law regarding bailiffs becoming a law at all.

If the new registration system for bailiffs is implemented properly then this type will (should) be completely rooted out.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has posted on this thread, particularly those who seem to think that it is unfair to attack me for going about my legal and morally correct job.

I am highly aware that there are many poeple that are unable to pay their bills/taxes and struggle to keep their heads above water (even the big bad wolf has to feed his kids) but I am, alsoi highly aware that there is a significant amount that feel that they are some how beyond the reach of the law.

To explain myself I work mostly on fines and I have no sympathy for those who break the law when the rest of us have to abide by it, how would you feel if an uninsured driver with no liscense or mot killed a member of your family??? I enforce the punishments handed down by the courts to these idiots (many of which I end up taking another illegal vehicle off). Does that make me a troll??

The fact of the matter is that those on benefits or low incomes can ask the courts for a payment plan (that is if they bother to appear in the first place) and if they keep to it will never see a bailiff!

Bully boy tactics are abhorrant, and never help in the long run................buuuuuttt unfortunately the attitude of a bailiff is often a reflection of the debtor, how many of you are civilised towards bailiffs or debt collectors (be honest now.......come one...........see.) but you expect curtosy from them.

As I have stated over and over my main point is that if you want to complain/dispute do it at the beginning not when there's a bailiff on your door.

So thanks again everyone for your interest, I'll be around.

I am also highly aware that there is a significant amount that feel that they are some how beyond the reach of the law.

Makes you wonder just why there are SO MANY complaints against bailiffs, doesn't it, when they are all so keen to obey the law.

Bennyg13 this time you have really shot yourself in the foot.your words below.

buuuuu ttt unfortunately the attitude of a bailiff is often a reflection of the debtor.

you are employed to represent the courts, this above statement is out of order.

I ask all the moderator's to remove this person for his/her actions from this site or remove me as this is disgusting.

We are not singling you out because you are a bailiff. We are singling you out because your entire contribution to the threads that you posted on were along the lines of 'PAY your FINE' and 'you should have paid' and 'change your lifestyle' and all sorts of denigrating comments that are really, really not helpful. This is a self-help site - note the word 'help' - and people come here when they are desperate, at the end of the tether, and looking for help. Constructive, sometimes life-saving help. Please, if you are not a troll, don't act like one. Give advice. Constructive advice. It's no good saying "Well, you should have done this, you should have done that." That time would have obviously passed.

Look, we have nothing against bailiffs coming on here. Bailiffs that give good constructive advice are really valued on here - if you can do that, then we will have nothing against you. Continue to berate people for getting into the situations that they are in, and every post doing so will be reported as against the ethos of this site.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

................buuuuuttt unfortunately the attitude of a bailiff is often a reflection of the debtor, how many of you are civilised towards bailiffs or debt collectors (be honest now.......come one...........see.) but you expect curtosy from them.

I have unfortunately had a bailiff at my home for a untaxed and SORN'd car that I thought was parked on a private land parking bay but was in fact highway. He came in and I signed a walking possession order and he was very polite and agreed a payment plan with me, which I paid in 3 installments and that was the end of the matter, he was from Bristow and Sutor in Redditch.

My mother has also had a bailiff come around for a council tax debt, he was rude, obnoxious and physically threatened her, a real **** of the earth bailiff!

I treat everyone I come across with a clean slate, it is their actions that colour my reaction.

Guest Herbie

In reply to BENNYG13 , I wish to make a few comments here;

"you work mostly on fines....and have no SYMPATHY for those who break the law". As I have said above, criminal fines are now being handed out like confetti in the Courts,

Examples range from fines for leaving refuse sacks out a day early, talking into a mobile phone in a car, not having a childs seat in the rear of a car....even pedalling a bike on a footpath !!! It is our government that are responsible for bringing in these stupid laws as a way of gaining further revene.....and making us all "criminals". Not only is the further revenue going to the local authorities etc.....but into the pockets of bailiffs.

Your comment about "enforcing punishments handed down by the court to these IDIOTS" is another axample of your lack of understanding in this matter.

And finally, your example of unisured drivers with no licence or MOT killing a member of the family". Quite how this can be a good example is beyond me. This is of course a most serious offence, in particular where a death is caused but believe me this is RARE. And before you try to say different, our office has figures on this type of criminal offence.

But thank you anyway for introducing the matter of Licences. In order to collect debts on behalf of Government Agencies ie :

Council Tax

Business Rates

Parking Charge Notices

Congestion Charges

Magistrate Court Fines (YES !! )

Child Support Agencies

etc,

the Bailiff MUST BE A CERTIFICATED BALIFF.

Any yet, with over:

4 million Liability Orders granted last year

over 1 million unpaid Magistrate Court Fines

830,000 warrants for unpaid PCN's in LONDON ALONE

920,000 cases with bailiffs for unpaid Child Support

your "profession" ie: bailiffs have just 1,510 Certifcated Bailiffs REGISTERED with the Courts.

With bailiffs working 6 days per week, bank holidays excluded ,simple arithmetic will show that the there must be huge numbers of bailiffs working WITHOUT ANY LEGAL AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER.

And before to try to say that each bailiff will make 30 calls per days.......utter nonsense. Try telling that to your own professional body....as I do have published figures. The norm is approx: 8 -10 calls per day.

So in a nutshell, before referring to people as "criminals" or "idiots"....try instead to look to your own profession...as this is where you will find the criminals, breaking the law day in and day out by PURPORTING to be a Certificated Bailiff when they are not.....which is not only "criminal", it is "trespass" and lastly, it is "attempting to gain a pecunary advantage by DECEPTION"

Kettles calling the pot black maybe !!!

Bennyg13 this time you have really shot yourself in the foot.your words below.

buuuuu ttt unfortunately the attitude of a bailiff is often a reflection of the debtor.

you are employed to represent the courts, this above statement is out of order.

I ask all the moderator's to remove this person for his/her actions from this site or remove me as this is disgusting.

setmefree

I honestly think it's worth keeping these comments - for all to see.

This site is full of complaints from people who have dealt with bailiffs (and those that haven't may think it's entirely loaded or one-sided).

It's good to get a balance so that visitors can see that stories on here are NOT exaggerated in any way.

Besides, setmefree, you have offered (and hopefully will continue to offer) good advise and your absence would be a great loss.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has posted on this thread, particularly those who seem to think that it is unfair to attack me for going about my legal and morally correct job

You are taking this way too personally as are maybe a few others. But this is the attitude that is earning the many repsonses being posted.

As said before, it would be really useful to have a bailiff on this site, who could respond to queries with, 'in my opinion', 'my advice would be' or 'sorry, but that last poster is wrong'. The responses you are receiving are due to the way you are posting and the contents. You may be the nicest, fairest and competent chap out there, who happens to be a bailiff. But what you have said on this site, almost without exception seems to indicate otherwise.

Take the chip off your shoulder and offer help and advice, rather than condemnation and derogatory remarks.

JMHO

PS Setmefree... don't go......!!!

I make no bones about it, I have no time whatsover for bailiffs/debt collectors. Nothing more than parasites who live off the unfortunate.