business claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have successfully claimed from first direct my personal account but now I want to put in a claim from my business account HSBC I have got statements but everything is just listed as total charges or interest, does anyone have any idea how to breakdown these charges so I can work out exactly what I can claim for thanks

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks I have read that but my bank just lumps all the charges together so its hard to tell whats what I also get a interest charge each month, and Im not sure if I can reclaim this

Hi Edison. I haven't quite got as far as tackling my business accounts yet, but if HSBC are the same as Lloyds, the charges I think you are talking about are the monthly 'normal' charges eg for paying in cheques, having direct debits, cashing cheques etc, and therefore not applicable for reclaiming. On the occasions we went over our agreed overdraft limit, we were charged a fee (eg £12.50 per day!!) and those can be reclaimed.

Not 100% sure about the interest charged - I think I am right in saying that if you had an arranged business overdraft, the interest would also not be able to be reclaimed. However, if you went overdrawn or over the overdraft limit because of the penalty charges, and were charged extra interest, this is reclaimable as contractural interest.

Someone with 'the knowledge' will be along to confirm or correct me on this.

Have a really good read of the link posted above - it's really good advice.

Good luck with your claim :)

"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of something.

They know that there is a power somewhere so organised, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States.

Change the US for the U K... do you think he meant CAG?! :wink: