RBS and AIC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am too having great problems with AIC.

I had a debt with RBS Advanta which was passed to Moorcroft and now AIC. The debt is for £3450.00 and i have made an offer of £125.00 per calendar month (although if pushed i could go up to £160.00).

AIC have refused this and are threatening to send agents to my home! they are phoning all the time and i am really scared someone is going to call at my house.

They have also said i will have to sell my house is this true?

Can a charging order be put on my home straight away or do you have to fail payments on a CCJ before they can do that?

I am at my witts end and i just dont know what to do, i have three young children so my offer of £125.00 - to £160.00 is realistic as i am paying off other debts too.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lesley

I will get some one with Credit Collection Agency knowledge to contact you in the meantime this may help you.

And do not promise to pay more than you can afford as you will ultimately fail to make the payments so try and stick to your guns on the amount.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

No they cannot make you sell your house! A charging order can only be obtained if a CCJ is defaulted on. Have you a CCJ on this debt?

Can you actually afford £125 per month - it seems quite high with 3 children , only offer to pay them what you can afford, even if it is £1 per month.

Provided there is no CCJ, send them a CCA request, and also a harrasment letter both which can be found here

Don't worry too much, there is very little they can do to you.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

RBS Advanta, is that a credit card, I assume? In which case, it's an unsecured debt, which means they can not make you sell your house, they are using scare tactics to make you pay more.

What you have to remember is that they don't really want to go to court, because they might end up with less money than what you're offering, and a CC debt does not come high in the list of urgent debts.

You see, they have a duty not to use the court system if they can help it, taking people to court should be a last resort. Now you have made an offer of repayment which is actually very reasonable, and a judge would not be very happy as to why they refused and proceeded to court... SO a judge might take a good look at your finances, and award them even LESS than what you have offered. Also, once they have the judgment against you, the interest stops accruing, and finally, if they were unreasonable, the judge might not grant them their costs. SO all in all, you can see why it is not in their interest to go to court. Trying to scare you in paying more is, though.

Read the 2nd half of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/73030-taking-back-control-your.html

and follow the steps I have detailed there.

Here is the forum you will need with lots of people in the same situation who will also be able to give you advise and much needed support

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Here is the forum you will need with lots of people in the same situation who will also be able to give you advise and much needed support

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/

Thread moved there.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 3 weeks later...

Took your advice and requested a CCA, i have received nothing from Allied International, they are still refusing the £125.00 per month, i really dont know what to do! There is no CCJ on this account but they are requesting full payment, They are still saying they can get a charging order on our property without a CCJ i am really scared they are going to make us bankcrupt for a debt of £3450.00, can they do this?

I have never felt so scared in all my life, please can anyone advise.

Even in the Highly unlikely event that they did take you to court a judge would only order you to pay what you could reasonably afford. The calls you get from them are from some monkey employed in a call centre who gets bonuses for the more they can screw out of you. Let them default on your CCA request and place the debt in dispute then they can legally do nothing. Have you contacted RBS directly and offered to pay the debt back to them every month. Think very seriously if you can really affod £125 per month. Do not be scared by these bullies. You will find all the help and support you need on here. Remenber the Golden Rule

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Have a made a mistake by already paying one instalement of £125.00? I paid it to them by bankers draft? Is this as good as admitting the debt and will this go against me if they take me to court?

Can they make me bankcrupt? I did write requesting everything in writing but they just keep ringing and writing to say they are going to send someone to my house!

Have a made a mistake by already paying one instalement of £125.00? I paid it to them by bankers draft? Is this as good as admitting the debt and will this go against me if they take me to court?NO. You were bullied into making this payment

Can they make me bankcrupt? Highly Unlikely I did write requesting everything in writing but they just keep ringing Contact your telephone company and get all witheld numbers barred you may also want to subscribe to 'Choose to refuse' this is a sevice where you can block specific numbers and writing to say they are going to send someone to my house!

They probably wont send someone to your house and even if they do you have every right to TELL them to leave. They have no powers whatsoever.

Report these barstewards to Trading Standards and OFT and if you feel threatened report them to your local police. If you have sent them the Harrasment letters they are now breaking the law and should be dealt with accordinly

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

What is a Statue of Limitations? Just really worried about the bankruptcy thing as i was reading someone elses message on the forum and they had been handed one without a ccj or anything, altough the debt was higher than ours.

Allied International have my mobile number and not my home number so i cant get witheld numbers barred.

I have never felt so threatened, this is ruining my life.

Contact you mobile phone company and speak to their harrasment department. When the muppets ring you refuse to answer their security questions or just simply hang up on them, if you are feeling wicked just bset the phone down and go about your daily routine. They are payin for the call. As regards the BAnkruptcy LIE they would have loads of legal processes to go through before then and you still have many options with which to fight and defeat them with. They are bullies who will back down when you turn the tables on them