Smutley V Barclays

smutley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got some money back from Barclays today, it all started when I lost my connect card so phoned up to cancel it.... was asked, is there anything else we can help you with... so if you dont ask, you dont get, got £35 back without quibble on one account, and another £30 x 2 on my other account without question, then she started to give me a home insurance quote! I said, before we discuss that can we take a look at my joint account, the one I am taking you to court over... she looked but then told me that they are only allowed to refund £100 per day per customer at their discretion and as I had just had £95 refunded, that was my lot. In all fairness, she was very helpful, advised me to move the one DD I had on the account to one of my others, then Barclays would not add any further charges to the account until decision on OFT case.... then she said, but would you like this home insurance quote! She also told me that if it appears to them that you are trying to manage your account they will refund the charges immediately... so all of you out there who are getting more charges on you account, try ringing customer services;)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaay, Result Smutley:D

Not quite time for a title change YET though :(

Hang on in there a while longer .............................

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

There's summat to look forward to when you all win.....

Saintly's gonna give us all a FLASH !!

Woo Hoooo;)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

On our titles, of course, as per Smutley's request above.

Honestly !! ;)

Hi Val, good to see you're back, batteries recharged and all that! Yes, give them a ring, it was so easy I didnt have to state my case, just said can I have that charge back! The woman I spoke to was telling me different stories about customers, ie the man from Thailand whoes wife was pregnant (and bleeding)and he could only afford to buy her bananas....but as he was bankrupt there was nothing they could do for him and they were all crying in the office...!!! the mind boggles....by the end of the phone call I wondered if I had really been speaking to a barclays person! but the money was there the next day! I think all she really wanted to do was give me the house insurance quote, but mmmm somehow the line went dead when she had agreed to the refund! Good luck xxx

Hi, well I wasn't as lucky as you Jenny,:( the chap I got on the phone wasn't giving an inch, not as nice as your woman, he wasn't going to refund anything, he even said it wouldn't be fair to treat anyone different to everyone else, I just kept on and on at him until he weakened slightly, agreeing in the end, to refund just ONE charge of £30, even when I gave him an earful about my claim! Still it's better than nothing isn't it. al xx

thats not fair Val! "he even said it wouldn't be fair to treat anyone different to everyone else".. well how fair is that, if I got some charges refunded (£100 per customer) and you only got one!

Hi Smutley,

I trust you gave a suitable reply!! :D

Well done Jenny, how come you can get this money back,:cool: I must have got a real mean guy, ( ednabucket springs to mind)

I have had 2 phone calls from people telling me they are calling to ask if I have any debt, because there is a government initiative to help people wipe out some of their debt, if they qualify. Apparently all the credit card companies etc have got together to salvage some of the debts that thousands of people have spiralling out of control, and likely to go into bankrupcy because they can't pay, this way at least they get part of their money, whereas they get nothing if they force people into bankrupcy

I wouldn't qualify, as the debt has to be minimum of £15,000

What do you think?

hi Val, yes I did have additions on two accounts but when I rang customer services last month I think (when I got yet more charges back oops) the guy looked at my accounts and said that there was no need to have additions on two accounts as paying twice for the same benefits (benefits my *****) and cancelled one of them.. so you can only imagine what my response was (slick:rolleyes: ) !

Not sure Val about the phone call you received, was it an actual person or one of those voice recordings.. I ve had a few of them, but I hang up straight away and dont listen. If theres a government initiative, then surely we can find out how to do it direct, Im always supicious of companies, surely they are taking a cut ?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! Here I am 2 years on with a few more grey hairs due to the outcome yesterday and not looking forward to the prospect of locating all my files, court proceedings, stay notifications etc., which made their way to the attic to find out what I actually put in my particulars.... anyhow, good to be back and presume we wait now for a few days for directions from the fantastic team of advisors on what the next course of action is that needs to be taken?

Hi Smutley - good to see you out of hibernation.

Although there's much talk about claimants firing letters off to court and to the bank, I think you're very wise to wait a while.

Let the Site finish any re-drafting of documents and letters so, when you do put this back on course, you have the best chance of succeeding. :)

Hi Smutley

I am also out of hibernation ..... just last night in fact. Got all my documents out right away. So pleased I filed them all in a folder in the order they were presented at Court in 2007. Everything was at hand so reading through was a pleasure.

I think Slick is right, we should wait and see what the Advisors come up with after they have researched everything. Lets face it, if we all fight the same fight, we should come out on top hopefully..........

any way, watching with bated breath, good luck to all claimants for the 2nd round of battle.