Abound catalogue

jol
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just made an order for a new camera, I think the price on the website is a miss print, but i have received an email saying that my order is confirmed, and my question is, can they up the price or refuse to send me the goods? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rhys

2002-2006 Statements received for both accounts.

Waiting for dpa for both accounts.

Total for both accounts just over £12,000

Only claiming £10,000

Only claiming £10,000

I have just made an order for a new camera, I think the price on the website is a miss print, but i have received an email saying that my order is confirmed, and my question is, can they up the price or refuse to send me the goods? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rhys

Good Luck

I tried going through the order process and it just goes through as normal.

These places just process orders with robots and only notice an error like that if there is a rush on orders.

Don't be fobbed off with excuses. If they've taken your order and you have confirmation you & they have formed a contract.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Good Luck

I tried going through the order process and it just goes through as normal.

These places just process orders with robots and only notice an error like that if there is a rush on orders.

Don't be fobbed off with excuses. If they've taken your order and you have confirmation you & they have formed a contract.

Well this is the e-mail they sent me:

Thank you for the order that you have placed with abound. This is to confirm that the order has been received.

Your Order Receipt Confirmation Number is: *************

(Received 27/05/2006 14:47:43)

VH8422 Samsung Pro 815 Digital Camera Product Samsung Pro 815 Digital Camera Item Price: £317.70

Quantity: 1 Total Price: £317.70

Sub Total: £317.70

Delivery: £3.50

GRAND TOTAL: £321.20

Would you say that is enough to form a contract?

Rhys

Only claiming £10,000

If anyone else is thinking of having a go try using one of these :D

The following discount codes may be used at Abound.co.uk

10% off your 1st order

Promotional Code: D6J4

20% on your next order

Promotional Code: JJ6A3

FREE Delivery on larger items

Promotional Code: F4EW

• Haha 1

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

Have ordered one and got the following

Dear installspark

Thank you for your order.

YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER IS: ********

PLEASE QUOTE THIS WHEN SENDING AN EMAIL OR CONTACTING US BY PHONE.

Qty Cat. no. Description Option Delivery

1 VH8422 Samsung Digital Camera Delivery within 3 week

Thanks for your first order!

10% off your next order*

The order has been forwarded for processing.

When you shop with us again, all you have to do is place your order as an "existing customer" quoting the above reference number and give us your credit/debit card details.

Should you have any enquiries please contact us at [email protected].

Thanks for shopping with us

abound Internet Customer Services

They are now legally obliged to deliver the goods at the price stated as a contract now exists as they have debited my bank account by £321.20 :)

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

They are now legally obliged to deliver the goods at the price stated as a contract now exists as they have debited my bank account by £321.20 :)

Not at all.

As previously stated, all they have to do is say that due to high demand, factory recall, pretty much whatever they want, they can no longer supply, have a refund, very sorry. It happens all the time with catalogues.

Ok.. Don't know how I missed this before...

Well this is the e-mail they sent me:

Thank you for the order that you have placed with abound. This is to confirm that the order has been received.

Your Order Receipt Confirmation Number is: *************

(Received 27/05/2006 14:47:43)

VH8422 Samsung Pro 815 Digital Camera Product Samsung Pro 815 Digital Camera Item Price: £317.70

Quantity: 1 Total Price: £317.70

Sub Total: £317.70

Delivery: £3.50

GRAND TOTAL: £321.20

Would you say that is enough to form a contract?

Rhys

No... That is a confirmation of receipt of order... Not an acceptance of order... If you check their t&c's it will state when they are deemed to have accepted your order...

Dear installspark

10% off your next order*

When you shop with us again, all you have to do is place your order as an "existing customer" quoting the above reference number and give us your credit/debit card details.

They are now legally obliged to deliver the goods at the price stated as a contract now exists as they have debited my bank account by £321.20 :-)

That certainly seems to suggest a binding contract...

Not at all.

As previously stated, all they have to do is say that due to high demand, factory recall, pretty much whatever they want, they can no longer supply, have a refund, very sorry. It happens all the time with catalogues.

This would depend entirely on what exactly is in the t&c's... I would imagine that if this was to occur then you could probably force them to honour the contract or pay damages if you have to pay extra elsewhere...

It's a classic example of offer & acceptance = contract...

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

This would depend entirely on what exactly is in the t&c's... I would imagine that if this was to occur then you could probably force them to honour the contract or pay damages if you have to pay extra elsewhere...

It's a classic example of offer & acceptance = contract...

In theory, yes... But in this instance, the 100 weeks price works out at very little difference of the price you can get it in the high street, less than 50 pounds in some cases (I did a wee bit of research on it).

Besides, all (aka Littlewoods, the GE Money of mail order) catalogues reserve the right not to fulfill orders in case of war, plague of locusts, tsunami in the Bolton area, etc...

Dear installspark

10% off your next order*

I didn't spot this earlier, but I'm confused now... I thought the mistake was on the 100 weeks credit? the cash price was upwards of £500 when I looked...:confused:

Looking at this again...

Firstly to clear up any confusion BW I presume from installsparks post that it was previously being advertised @ £317.70 for both 100 weeks terms & instant purchase whilst now it seems to only be the 100 weeks terms @ that price :confused:

Secondly... Anyone that pays £569 for that up front would have to be stupid ! Without too much searching I've found it for £383 (including P&P on cameras2u.com if you are interested...)

Their T&C's quite cleverly (these companies must eventually be catching on !) state

We will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and send you a further email to confirm your order details. Please note that neither email is acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we dispatch the product(s) to you.

and

All items are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods.

Thus... installspark they could claim that they can no-longer source the camera and legally(ish) refund you the money... However it is possible that you could attempt to demonstrate this to be a sham and claim damages for breach of contract using term 5 although they would almost certainly be able to use term 2 to show there is no enforceable contract...

As I said above... The email that jol [edited] recieved is just a confirmation of receipt of order and is certainly not enforceable. Though (possibly) importantly they cannot, if they realise their error, take the full amount as you have offered only £317...

MOD: EASY ON THIS TYPE OF COMMENTS, PLEASE, THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THAT.

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Firstly to clear up any confusion BW I presume from installsparks post that it was previously being advertised @ £317.70 for both 100 weeks terms & instant purchase whilst now it seems to only be the 100 weeks terms @ that price

The correct cash price is £569.00, however if you choose the 100 wks option you get the chance to pay by debit/credit card later in the checkout process at the 100 wks price. Furthermore of you use the 10% discount mentioned earlier on this thread the price comes down to £285.93 and you can get a further £50 off by using the cashback offer Samsung are running on this camera until the end of July.

Total effective price £235.93 :)

Just waiting for them to refund £31.77 back to my card as they debited £321.20 inc delivery.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

MOD: EASY ON THIS TYPE OF COMMENTS, PLEASE, THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THAT.

I presume you're not into football then ?

The term you obviously found offensive is one which Spurs supporters (granted a supposedly jewish club) use to describe themselves and other Spurs supporters irregardless of race, colour or creed.

No, I'm not, neither are -presumably- quite a few other people on this forum, and I actually asked another mod for his opinion to see if it was me who was reading this as offensive, which I normally wouldn't. He saw it too.

To be honest, the football context does NOT make it any more acceptable. Subject closed.

To be honest, the football context does NOT make it any more acceptable. Subject closed.

I feel like a naughty schoolboy being chastised !

I'm sure that hundreds of thousands of Spurs supporters would disagree with you... Especially the 35000 that chant it every other Saturday in an attempt at taking the abusive power of the word away from the bigots and racists of the world, in the same way that hip-hop and rap-music has reclaimed the n-word and in the same way that we should reclaim the Union Jack and the St Georges Cross back from the thugs of the far right...

But I digress... I do not want to fall out with anyone on this board and I certainly did not have any intention of offending anyone...

In jol we trust

COYS

Just a quick update.

My order is showing as dipatched.

Abound have now removed the camera from the website as it is now showing as out of stock and are not accepting any new orders for it.

Well i have just been told they cannot process the order as it is out of stock. Bit of a shame but there we go.

Rhys

Only claiming £10,000

Just checked again and this is what is showing:

Your Previous Orders print page

Qty Item Catalogue No. Price Delivery Status

Your Order Dated 29/05/2006

1 SAMSUNG PRO 815 VH8422 £285.93 Dispatched

Also the account summary page shows this:

balance: £ -321.20 ??????????

payment due:

payment due: view statement

goods on approval: £ 0.00 view details

Available Credit £ 320.00

Recent Payments

04/06/2006 £321.20

04/06/2006 £289.43 ??????????

??????????

Jol, I agree with Bookworm, kick up a stink as you ordered yours the day before me yet mine shows as dispatched having paid upfront. I presume yours went through on credit terms.

Installspark, yes it went through on the 100week payment method, And i do believe there will be some arguing going on over the phone very shortly.

Rhys

Only claiming £10,000

Just spoke to them and i explained i new someone who had ordered the camera after me but theres have been dispatched and mine has been cancled due to no stock, they said without going into the other persons account they cannot give me a reason for this, so i asked if i would still be getting mine when they come back in stock, and she said they cannot keep an order open but once they are back in stock i can re-order, and my guess is they will be at a higher price.

Rhys

Only claiming £10,000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks