• Tweets

• Hobnail you don't know Elms too well yet. I am surprised that they got as close as they did to adding up to 30. I think the poor dears get confused because most other letters they send out are to give 28 days notice. They even  have difficulty with their two times table and often consult with the char lady to confirm that 2 plus 2 equals 4.  Just act on the notion that they are total numpties and you won't be far out.
    • To carry on from the above post it may be helpful to go through their WS using their numbers. 9] motorists do NOT accept the contract when entering the land. First they have to read it and understand it and then they realise that a] "No stopping" is prohibitive and cannot offer a contract. b] the signs around the bus stop do not mention who issued the No Stopping signs so it could not have been issued by VCS since the IPC CoP states that their signs should include the IPC logo and the creditor be identified.  10]There is no mention of £100 charge for breaching the No stopping request or if there is it is far too small to read even for a pedestrian. 11] no matter how often VCS say it, it is NOT a contractual clause   22]" the claimant has given the Defendant its contractual licence to enter the site". No it hasn't. This is a road leading to the airport. All sorts of people are going to the airport-travellers, taxis, fuel bowsers, airport staff, companies delivering food and drink for each aircraft, air traffic controllers, buses. It is absolutely ridiculous to attribute VCS wth any sort of permissions. The land owners yes, but not VCS . There can be no sort of analogy between a car park and a major thoroughfare where VCS have no place as it is not relevant land.   23] there can be no contract as there is no offer only a prohibition. And it is not relevant land no matter how Mr Walli attempts to prove otherwise. 25] VCS may have won a few times but none quoted was on an airport covered by the RTA and its own Byelaws. They also have lost more cases than they have won using their prohibitive signs. 26] First one has to consider if there is a contract. Is it relevant land? No. Does a valid contract exist betweer VCS and Peel? NO.  27] the signage at the bus stop may show the conditions ie  no stopping, and restricted zone but not the terms ie is there a charge for stopping and who is the creditor. The last section of the sign is illegible  29] already stated that a WS between VCS and peel is not a valid document 31] it will need more than the Claimants feather to outweigh the case against the Defendant no matter who was driving. 32] there is no law of agency involved. This is not a case of employer/employedd relationship. VCS are muddying the waters because they have no way of transferring the driver's liability to the keeper 33] this a red herring. There is no list of highways at all  on the Highways act 1980 so this is a deliberate strategy to debunk the fact that this road is not relevant land. VCS are put to strict proof that it is relevant land not covered by the Road Traffic Act nor by Byelaws. 34] there ican be no comparison between a railway station and an airport. Totally fatuous analogy.  35] yes the landowners can bring in their own terms but what the cannot do is overrule Byelaws and the Road Traffic Act. 39] surely the paralegal cannot be that ignorant of PoFA. If Bye Laws are involved then the bus stop is not relevant land and so the specious argument about FGW is rubbish   36] what on earth is he talking about with Permits. There is no mention of permits on the signage and even if there were  would it mean that Permit holders were allowed to stop on No Stopping roads? There are enough examples on CAG to counter act their idiocy on continuing charging the extra £60   46] VCS had NO reasonable cause to apply to the DVLA for the Defendants details. No valid  contract with the landowners No stopping is prohibitive therefore cannot form a contract the event happened on a bus stop over which VCS has no jurisdiction the signage either does not show that there was a charge of £100 for stopping, or the font size was too small for a motorist to be able to read it  the signage does not show the Creditor which fails the IPC CoP so not valid the WS contract does not appear to authorise VCS to pursue motorists to Court Given all these factors it seems that VCS have breached the GDPR of the Defendant quite substantially and it would appear right that an exemplary award is made against VCS in the hope that they will drop all further cases at Doncaster airport where they are pursuing motorists on non relevant land.   48] what is this guy on? You weren't in a car park you were on a bus stop 59] this case is totally without merit. I am not surprised that the paralegal will not be turning up. Some statements are pretty close to perjury and others are designed to mislead or misdirect. None of the analogies seem appropriate or relevant. Could have been said in at least half the time without the repetition and trying to make a case where none was there. One particularly bad example of misdirection was in the photographs. The Clearway sign shown near the bus stop is very unclear  unlike the Clearway sign two photos before it which may well include terms and conditions. The one by the bus stop is totally different.      
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote...   your defence doesnt need any return of docs.. carefully read what has been posted here and in the other threads i pointed to in your old thread merged here too.   redwood/harwood or STA or brachers.   just use our enhanced google search box.   uni fees is useful too.   this guy is just in front of you    
    • Tech firm CEO Jeff Lawson warns bosses not to make hasty judgements about their employees.View the full article
    • I have just spent last few hours registering and signing up and filling in all the details.   Below is a POC I have drafted.   The defendant is a parcel delivery company DPD (UK) LIMITED On 09/08/2021 the defendant agreed to deliver the claimant's parcel containing a PlayStation 5 Disc Version value £530, to an address in the UK. The delivery fee of £7.79 was paid by the claimant. Parcel tracking number: ???????? Parcel reference no: ????????? The defendant failed to deliver the parcel and have reported it as lost on 20/08/2021. The defendant refuses to refund the full value of the item and the delivery fee. The claimant seeks £530 being the value of the item, £7.79 delivery cost and legal fees.        (Sorry for being stupid but this POC is supposed to go where it says    " Claim details Why you believe you’re owed the money: " right? Reason why I'm asking is because I don't see anywhere it specifically says what are your particulars of claim)   Tomorrow being the 15th day, I will be ready to click it off (assuming the POC is ok)    I have read a few more hermes/packlink etc stories where they were resolved and gives me hope I will regain my lost money.  Will carry on reading up as much as I can.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Darling1-v-ge Money

darling1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new on this particular forum, just had an excellent win against LTSB and HSBC - so now it is time to tackle my store card charges...

I have 3 accounts with GE with 13 charges in total...Laura Ashley (6), Russell and Bromley (2)and Debenhams (5) @£15.00 each.= £195.00 - can I lump these all together??

I am not sure what to do...are the rules the same as with the banks...I have all my statements. I am a bit confused on the intrest part, do I claim it back at 29.9% from the start, as obviously I have been charged for each and everyday that the charges are on the account. (with the banks you only add the interest at 8% at the filing N1 stage) and obviously I want all the money that it has cost me...

Hope this makes sense..I would really be grateful if someone can spell out for me what to do next!!!!

Thankyou

Darling1

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Hi Darling1

You treat the claim on store cards as you do with Credit cards. There is normally a very high interest rate added to these cards, so claim it back with your charges at the Contractual Compounded rate. It's what they have charged you.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Right, Silly question I know, but where do I go to find out about credit card charges?? - sorry to be so silly, but my mind is still full Bank charges info!- only ****WON*** yesterday, so still a bit excitable! :D

Thank you

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

Have a look through the Capital One / Barclaycard threads. It will give you a better idea on how to tackle those. You go through the same procedure as with bank charges, but if you are asking for contractual interest you can't claim the 8% at the court stage. You need to inform the company of your intent from the beginning of your claim when claiming contractual.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Ah-ha, I shall get on and read up as much as I can,thanks for your help. will get back to you when I have done that!

Darling1

I have looked up as much as I can, but I am still confused -:| , I have all my statements, I know that I can claim for the 29.9% form the prelim onwards, BUT....where do I go to get the prelim letter (and the LBA)??

Are the bank ones that I have used before worded differently?? Or are they the same, I am very cautious about all this claiming, and don't want to get it wrong - I am starting with GE as its quite a small clim, BUT teso finance and Visa are yet to come, so I'd like to understand what I am doing!!

Sorry to be a pest :p

Darling1

Just amend the wording on the templates in the library. Good luck.

Natwest - DPA sent / prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/75363-bump-crapwest.html#post656651

Barclaycard - DPA sent

MSDW - DPA sent

GE Capital - Prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/72853-mr-bump-frasercard.html#post629618

RBS bank - DPA sent

RBS card - DPA sent

Student Loans Co - pending

Egg - DPA pending http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/79992-bump-humpty-dumpty.html#post707138

Re compound contractual interest. This what we did -

The account was closed in June 2005 so we calculated interest at 0.0717% per day compounded from the date of the charge until 10 June 2005 (that comes to 29.9% APR). On the court claim we added 8% on top of that from the 10 June 2005 onwards.

I couldn't get the spreadsheet in the library to download and work so I wrote my own which you are welcome to if it would help.

Steven

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thank you very much steven, I would love to use your spread sheet...I have been spending a lot of time think think thinking...I assume you start to charge the 29.9% to them on the first letter/ and LBA ? Ie..tell them that you want X amount and tell them what the 29.9% amounts to from the off.

Because they have been happily charging me at that rate for my own money from the day they charged me for those late payment charges! This isn't a huge claim, but as they say in Tesco land every little helps!

PM me with your e-mail address darling and I will send it you - its in excell

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Hmmm i now know what you mean now, Sue if it is the same principle as creditcards i would just check out the barcleycard site and maybe follow what they do but change the bits to suit the storecards. I know there are loads of templates etc for creditcards also give Gizmo a Pm I think she would know a lot about it and where to find the anwsers you seek. i will do a bit of research to see if i can help you out at all. what a bummer

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

:roll:

Darling1

When ever they apply an interest charge it is on the outstanding balance, which consists of what you actually borrowed (minus what you have paid back) and charges. The interest calculation they apply doesm't distinguish between the two. So they have charged you 29.9% compound interest on the charges (whatever they might try to tell you to the contrary)

If the charges are unlawful then the interest they apply to the charges must be too.

To me its a no-brainer - you should claim back charges plus interest at 29.9% compounded over the time between the charge and the claim. If it comes to making a claim through MCOL or court then you should add 8% on top.

Store cards are not explicitly covered in the templates but I don't see any difference between them and ordinary credit cards (apart from the exhorbitant interest) - we just used the credit card letters modified to suit our particular case.

Steven

Steven

My Wins

If its any help, this is the prelim letter we used:

GE Money

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

Burtons Store Card xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account from ddmmyy (date a/copened) to ddmmyy (date it was paid off).

I now understand that the regime of fees blah blah as in credit card template ..... If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs which you have incurred as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs, noting that your letter to me of 4 January 2007 explicitly states that there were no manual interventions on my account during this period.

Your responsibilities

as in credit card template

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £xx plus £yy which you have charged me in interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xx+yy. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter. Interest on each charge is calculated at the rate you charged me from the date the charge was made up until ddmmyy, the date the account was paid off.

My targets to resolve this matter

as in credit card template

Yours faithfully,

stevn4064

Steven

My Wins

Hi Darling 1, I am sure steve is right. send off the letter and go for it. lock stock and barrel.

Good luck.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Pen, I've senty you a PM

Steven

• Haha 1

Steven

My Wins

Thank you for that steven4064, thanks also for the PM . have Pm'd you back and given you correct address address!

darling1