lisagav69 v nationwide

lisagav69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i am about to start a claim against nationwide.

firstly, this is an old account which was opened in 98 and closed in 01,

is it worth me claiming from the start.also i have all of my statements without having to ask for them.

secondly, as it is an old account how can i work out the cci.

any would be appriciated.

this site is brilliant, so much so that i am also starting a claim against cap1 and my wife is.

keep up the good work and good luck to everyone

Hello 69

Previously we have restricted claims to the last 6 years due to the Limitation Act. However, owing to recent developments, people are now challenging this restriction citing the Concealment Act, effectively overriding because the information about unlawful charging was concealed.

If you read the threads on the Nationwide Forum you will get a feel for what is being done, and what works. My feeling is that you should pepare the spreadshhet for everything you have. Others can advise also. You will find that after 5 years (at least) there is a lot of interest to claim too at 8%.

What do you mean by cci? The interest at 8% is calculated for you automatically if you tap in details of the charges. For banks you normally add 8% because the courts will permit this - you don't use the contractual interest at a higher rate as you do for credit cards. You should be using the advanced spreadsheet for banks.

Please provide more detail of the query, and visit the chatroom also if you need to ask quick questions.

Good luck

Varangian Guard

hi,

ta for the reply, cci is compounded contractual interest.i know my wife is using it for her claim which is a credit card tho.

i have just filled in the basic speadsheet and they should owe me £700 before the 8% but the last statement i have is july 2001, so if i stick to 6 years it aint worth claiming