Any advice on what can be done next????

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4915 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

Can anyone help with this situation???

The problem is, I was helping my brother start in reclaiming back unlawful charges he sent prelim letter and then letter before action letter he recieved a couple of letters in between this saying that they are looking into his complaint!! The deadline came and went that my brother should of filed in court with his claim ( lack of funds for filing in court:( ).

Now he has recieved another letter from abbey stating that they have looked into his complaint and basically saying that it was his fault why he got charged and they had the right to charge what they did!!! And so will not be returning any of his charges at all!!!!!!!

I did tell my brother that he needed to file at court !!!!!!

So what can he do now to reclaim all his charges back can he still file at court??:confused:

Or should he go to the obudsman to see if they can sort out my brother getting his charges back as we all know they have and do return unlawful charges!!!!:confused: :confused:

Im not sure now on how to advise my brother in what to do???:confused: :confused:

Any help with this would be great !!!!!!

Thanks

He can still file at court because the timescale of the claim is his to manage. He tells the Abbey he'll file 14 days after his LBA but it's up to him whether it's 28 days or however long dependent on his circumstances. If it's a really long time since his LBA then I would send another, but if it's only a matter of weeks then I wouldn't bother I'd just go straight to a court claim if finances permit

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.