Black Horse/LTSB taking me to court.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, hope someone can give me some advice here. Around January I recieved bank charges back from LTSB after months of letters and court appearances.

Today in the post I have recieved a citation (ordinary cause as in Scotland) for a sofa which I got on a credit agreement which was regulated under the CCA 1974. This agreement was taken out on 27 April 2004 and I fell into arrears, then I stopped working and to be honest just ignored the debt altogether. The only letter attached to the summons is dated 10 march 2006.

Now I understand this money is owed and should really be paid however Im of the opinion that this is a retalitory action for the bank charges and wonder if there is any way to make this as awkward as possible for BH/LTSB.

Sorry I havent been more informative but I cannot get my head round the Ordinary action citation so if you need any further info please ask.

Cheers peeps.

Liam

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

It may not be retaliatory, just fate giving you a louse hand. Since the debt is not in dispute, if you don't want additional trouble, indicate you will attend court as Sheriffs at Carlton Place bend over backwards to ensure the individual isn't shafted, often ensuring that the plaintiff has to accept low repayments. It would be best not to dwell on the earlier action, the matters are probably unrelated, and look positively at resolving this one. You can always mention (in passing) the earlier action that you won.... :)