hi please 4give me i'm new !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, i'm new to this today, i'm not needing help on bank charges, but i'm needing help on council tax arrears (Scotland), i'm am gratefull for any help offered tyvm x

sctslass

There may be a different forum that you need to be posting too, but to advise we will need more info.

1. What exactly is the problem?
  2. How big are the arrears?
  3. Are you threatened with bailiffs or court action?
  4. Do you have bank charges that we could help you recliam, to pay the council tax?

Please give us more info. I've had similar problems, but don't know yet whether I can actually help you.

Between 134,000 members I'm sure we can help, just let us know and try not to worry. You're among friends here at CAG:) and you have come to the right place.

Varangian Guard

thankyou any help is very greatly appriciated, the problem is sherrif officers froze 208.78 from my bank account, yesterday, it has left me minus 61.24 i have no money now a bank charge on top of it because i didnt have all the money they wanted can they leave me with no money? the arrears are 3367.37 we have already paid 2569, why did they not just take a wage arrestment instead of this. No court action or baliffs (sheriff officers up here in scotland) i am at breaking point. can they do this with no warning? thank you very much

They can't do an arrestment of your bank account without a decree from the court. The bank wouldn't even remotely entertain it. Are you sure there have been no court cases? Arrestments in Scotland come at the end of a lengthy legal process. Getting one is not straightforward.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

hi ya thanks for your reply it is much appreciated, as far as i no there has not been a court case or if there has i no nothing about it. the bank has already frozen the money in my account, can the sheriff officers leave me with absoultely nothing? it's below poverty. i'm am going to have it out with them 2morw morning (monday 16th), do you think there is any hope in hell i will get my money back, as far as i'm concerned it's theft, i have no problem about a wage arrestment at least i will be left with money, thanks again

i don't know if this is the right place to post an update but forgive me if its not. Right i went down to the dca this morning, most unhelpful money grabbing thiefs (Scott & Co) by the way. I was demanding my money back they would not budge, i eventually broke down that didnt help either, to cut along story short i signed a piece of paper letting them take my money, cause they said if i didnt they would take me to court and add another £250 for the pleasure, aranged to pay £25 per week which i know i can't keep up with, went to local council to see if they could help they couldnt but deffered my new council tax for 4 weeks, because i told them scott & co left me with no money and i couldnt pay, next i went to citizen advice where i'm waiting for an appointment from the money advisor, who said £25pw is excessive, i no it is, so when i get to see him he will negotiate on my behalf and i wont have to speak to the ******s again and he should be able to get the payments down, and i'm going to ask him to see if he can get the money back that scott & co stole from me and pay the bank charge that they made me get. Please any one with probs speak to the CAB they are a god send. Scott & co burn in hell for what you have done. cheers all