MBNA Credit Card advice please.

DARKNOIZ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first post here, I wrote to MBNA using the standard letter and enclosing a £10 cheque and ID to request a copy of my statements , they wrote to advise me their enquires were taking longer than expected, but confirmed i would receive a response by 9th April, which they now have done.

They have enclosed copies of the statements, they have provided the information free of charge as they say they have not treated the request as 'full data subject access request'. All the information I need seems to be in what they have sent me.

They returned my cheque and enclosed a form pretty much identical to the subject data access report sent previously and advised should i wish to request the full data subject access to complete and return the form with i.d and payment.

They have offered as a 'gesture of goodwill' a payment of £391 on one account and £98.00 on another and advised this cheque will be sent within 10 days.

On using the interest calulator on th MSE forums I have calculated the following:

Account 1 - Charges £230 Interest £75.92 Total £305.92

Account 2 - Charges £775 Interest £165.94 Total £940.94

total £1246.86

Does the method they have replied in alter anything , do I proceed to now use the following:

[iNSERT NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER]

[iNSERT DATE]

[iNSERT NAME AND ADDRESS OF BANK]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [iNSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to [iNSERT NAME OF BANK].

The charges total £[iNSERT TOTAL CHARGE], plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £[iNSERT TOTAL OF INTEREST]interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of [iNSERT TOTAL OF CHARGES PLUS INTEREST]. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document. [iNCLUDE THE PRINT OUT OF CHARGES AND INTEREST FROM THE CALCULATOR AND BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF]

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR SIGNATURE]

[YOUR NAME (PRINTED)]

Your help would be gratefully appreciated

Darknoiz

That is standard delaying tactics with MBNA.Could I just ask why you aren't using the letter asking for your charges back from the bank templates library on here?

I seem to have got mixed up, this one was on mse forums, was reading through both sites at the same time, will now go and look here for an alternative letter

your welcome!

(This site is far and away the best;) )

Go to the search facility in the blue tool bar above & type in MBNA Europe Bank and read some of the other MBNA nightmare stories. Welcome to our MBNA fan club!!