Urgent Help Needed!! Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Watching this one as I am dealing with these prats at the moment. I was attempting to make an agreement to pay an amount I could afford with them, but they have harrassed me so much now I think scr** you, gonna CCA them (and a few others) on Monday. I have some cards with unclaimed charges on them, but even with interest(if we got that far) we would still owe them money. Fancy the Gizmo route of CCA then at the final stage making them a low final offer to clear the debts. Baby no 3 on way in Oct so would be great to clear the slate by then. Even if some cards provide the agreement if just half can be cleared it will make a big difference.

Will start my own threads next week :)

good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

yeah, I tried to make an arrangement to pay but they wanted to charge nearly £70 for the pleasure!!!!

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

lookinforinfo, Is there a letter template with words to your effect in it? I am still very new to all the jargon and so would not be able to produce a very worthwhile nor meaningfull letter! Any help is much appreciated, thanks

No there isn't.

However before you write that, try this first.

Daer Sirs,

It has come to my attention that one of the stipulations made by all three

Credit Reference Agencies is that before you process any data on an individual, that you have that individuals permission to do so.

Would you please provide me with evidence of my permission for you to process my data.

Yours .....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got a letter in the post from Unreliable, it reads -

Dear (I still cannot spell your name correctly!)

RE: Ambrose Wilson ac

We thankyou for your recent letter, the contents of which we note.

We have complied with our obligations to supply you with a "Trye Copy" of your credit agreement. A "True Copy" is defined by regulation 3 of the consumer credit act (cancellations notices and copies of documents) Regulations 1983. The "True Copy" need not, by law, contain either the signature of the debtor or the date of the signature in our case.

In the absnce of any denial that a balance exists in fact, as a result of orders being placed and received, we consider your assertion that you have no legal liability for payment to be based solely on the fact that the relevant credit agrement has not been signed.

In this case, we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take the decision not to make any further payments to the account, the fact of your non payment will be registered with a licensed Credit Reference Agency. This record will remain for a period of 6 years and which might in turn make it difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

This use your personal data was made known to you, and consented to by you, at the time that you applied for your first catalogue and placed your first order and before any decision was taken regarding how the balance on the account was to be paid.

We would ask at this stage that you confirm your intentions with regards payment of the account.

Yours Sincerely

Reliable Collections

Ive now written a letter to my local TS. I will be sending photocopies of all correspondance but I need to buy some ink first.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do? Reliable Collections have now mentioned in writing that they do not have a signed agreement. Should I respond to the letter? Or just let TS deal with it now?

:p

Hi all,

Got a letter in the post from Unreliable, it reads -

Dear (I still cannot spell your name correctly!)

RE: Ambrose Wilson ac

We thankyou for your recent letter, the contents of which we note.

We have complied with our obligations to supply you with a "Trye Copy" of your credit agreement. A "True Copy" is defined by regulation 3 of the consumer credit act (cancellations notices and copies of documents) Regulations 1983. The "True Copy" need not, by law, contain either the signature of the debtor or the date of the signature in our case.

In the absnce of any denial that a balance exists in fact, as a result of orders being placed and received, we consider your assertion that you have no legal liability for payment to be based solely on the fact that the relevant credit agrement has not been signed.

In this case, we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take the decision not to make any further payments to the account, the fact of your non payment will be registered with a licensed Credit Reference Agency. This record will remain for a period of 6 years and which might in turn make it difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

This use your personal data was made known to you, and consented to by you, at the time that you applied for your first catalogue and placed your first order and before any decision was taken regarding how the balance on the account was to be paid.

We would ask at this stage that you confirm your intentions with regards payment of the account.

Yours Sincerely

Reliable Collections

Ive now written a letter to my local TS. I will be sending photocopies of all correspondance but I need to buy some ink first.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do? Reliable Collections have now mentioned in writing that they do not have a signed agreement. Should I respond to the letter? Or just let TS deal with it now?

Hi for now just let TS deal with it but keep an eye on your credit file with CRA could well give you more evidence about them processing data with CRA when no permission to do so (no agreement no permission to process data)

dpick:p

I got a statement in the post today from Ambrose William (the catalogue company). This must mean that Reliable collections have passed the account back. Am now going to cca Ambrose.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off a CCA request to Ambrose on the 4th of July and today I got a letter from Ambrose demanding payment. They have still not sent me an agreement nor agknowledged my request for one. Think I might have to reply stating this to them.

Has anyone read another thread where someone has won with the cca request against Ambrose Wilson?

Hi I believe ambrose wilson are part of JD Williams and unreliable collections are their in house collections dept(could be wrong on that bit) I have CCA'd JD Williams for my wifes agreement with the value catalogue part of the same group. I received back an agreement with my wifes name and our present address hand printed on it. Trading Standards are now investigating this agreement as:-

1, my wife never signed an agreement of any type.

2, when my wife started this account we were living at a different address and would not have known at that time that we would move to our present address.

At this time TS advised that I send (in my words) no agreement go away letter. After they have completed their investigations they will advise me of any steps to take, if any.

It is now becoming well known that these companies are so busy sending out goods they don't send agreements out though this may have changed since the likes of CAG have been formed.

As far as I am aware people have claimed back charges from these companies because they wont go to court as they would have to produce your true copy agreement not just say you had the good pay up.

all the best dpick:p

Would it be worth sending off a SAR? And then reclaiming charges? On the statement that I have infront of me they are charging me 2 "administaration charges" of £12 on the same day for one months missed payment. Could this be reclaimed?

Would it be worth sending off a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? And then reclaiming charges? On the statement that I have infront of me they are charging me 2 "administaration charges" of £12 on the same day for one months missed payment. Could this be reclaimed?

They can call these charges what they like they are still unfair charges and if you want to reclaim them, they would have to disclose how the figure was calculated to £12 in court if they would not pay up before court and just like the banks and credit card companies they will not do it to many people would then reclaim them.

dpick:p

Thankyou for clarifiying that. I was hoping thats what you would say. I have printed off a SAR now and will post on Monday with £10 postal order.

Fingers crossed there will be enough charges to clear balance and have one less debt to worry about.

Ive sent off SAR. I cant wait to get the statements! Re-claiming charges is much more fun than sending a cca request. I wish I had known just how stressfull it gets when you cca a creditor as I would of never done this and instead would of claimed charges back. Could of had this account payed off and closed by now if only I had known at the time..........muppet I am!

Oh well, all a learning curve!:p

If your charges are higher or equal to the balance it is probably quicker and easier in some ways to reclaim the charges, but if your charges are only a part of the balance the CCA route seems the best way. I intend to bring up at some point in my letters to the creditors I am dealing with the charges at a future point after the CCA is defaulted on, just gives you an extra "stick" to hit them with lol. CCA route also seems to offer more of a chance to push for clearance of your credit file as well. Reliable are in default with me too after sending me a laughable made up unsigned agreement. Just sent off a letter telling them I know this isn't the correct agreement and they are in default etc. Couple more weeks and its off to TS. Given that these companies will use any methods available to screw every penny out of us not to mention stress and harrassment I have reached a point where I think we should throw everything at them we can.

Good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Well said Alibobsy! And I hope these awfull companies do get everything what they deserve!!

Am really scared to continue with the cca route as am finding it far too stressful, so hopefully there will be enough charges on my account to clear it. Luckily they have not given me a default (not to say they wont!) so I think that this will be the best option for me. Ive cca'd too many creditors and its all getting on top of me. Am back to dreading the mail! Yet I dont know why if they havent produced an agreement? Sorry am wittering on.....again.

All the best with your battle, your a winner already for getting this far:)

Well said Alibobsy! And I hope these awfull companies do get everything what they deserve!!

Am really scared to continue with the cca route as am finding it far too stressful, so hopefully there will be enough charges on my account to clear it. Luckily they have not given me a default (not to say they wont!) so I think that this will be the best option for me. Ive cca'd too many creditors and its all getting on top of me. Am back to dreading the mail! Yet I dont know why if they havent produced an agreement? Sorry am wittering on.....again.

All the best with your battle, your a winner already for getting this far:)

Hi it does seem very stressfull at this point but just wait till you get that first letter that starts

With reference to your s77-s79 CCA 1974 request we are sorry to say we cannot supply you with your customer credit agreement........

Then you will feel the stress just falling away from you.

it was five to six weeks before I started to relax as you will but I do agree it is stressfull at the start.

all the best dpick:)

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off for my Subject Access Request a few weeks ago and today I got a letter from them.

Basically Ive to fill in a questionaire and get a witness to sign a form (the witness is to give name, address, occupation, tel). The witness is not allowed to be a relative.

I personaly dont wont to ask a friend to sign something as a witness for me as then I would need to explain to them what they are signing. Although its only for a SAR its quite clear why most people ask for their statements. Is there anyway that I could avoid the witness?

The bank didnt even do this so I dont understand why a catalogue company are. Especialy when they are quite happy to send statements and letters to this address.Part of the questionaire is to do with marketing but if I dont fill out the whole questionaire then they will not give me the docs that ive asked for.

They have also said that I will receive the info requested within 40 days of them receiving the questionaire. Is this right? I thought it was 40 days from when I first asked for it?

Sorry am having a winge............again:rolleyes:

I sent off for my Subject Access Request a few weeks ago and today I got a letter from them.

Basically Ive to fill in a questionaire and get a witness to sign a form (the witness is to give name, address, occupation, tel). The witness is not allowed to be a relative.

I personaly dont wont to ask a friend to sign something as a witness for me as then I would need to explain to them what they are signing. Although its only for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) its quite clear why most people ask for their statements. Is there anyway that I could avoid the witness?

The bank didnt even do this so I dont understand why a catalogue company are. Especialy when they are quite happy to send statements and letters to this address.Part of the questionaire is to do with marketing but if I dont fill out the whole questionaire then they will not give me the docs that ive asked for.

They have also said that I will receive the info requested within 40 days of them receiving the questionaire. Is this right? I thought it was 40 days from when I first asked for it?

Sorry am having a winge............again:rolleyes:

I did not have this problem with them but did have same with MBNA I just sent an LBA giving them 14 days to comply or I would take them to court for none compliance as they had no problems sending statements and threatening letter to me at the same address. I had to file at court but then they did send me the info before the date they had to enter acknowledgement also I think a good tactic for us as shows we will use court against them. I don't think any judge would be very happy with these type of intimidating tactics from them.

dpick:)