Parking Fine.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again

I got back from work on Wednesday to find a letter from a Debt Collector saying that I owed £350+ that needed paying immediately ore vehicles/possesions would be taken.

Having spoken to the Collector who came to our house it is apparently for a parking fine dating from last June.

The problem is that it was a Company car that I was about to hand back due to redundancy. A letter was sent to me which I forwarded to my ex-employer as they/the leasing Company usually paid the fine and then charged the staff direct.

We then moved house and heard nothing more about it (mail was redirected until December).

The breakdown he said was something like £90 for the fine, £160 for his visit and the rest for letters that were sent (which I have not received). He could not tell me who sent the letters and when as it had passed through a couple of other collection companies first!

In other words I cannot find anything out.

Am I able to pay the £90 fee to the Council for the original fine? What happens to the rest?

Your advice is appreciated as I apparently only have until Wednesday or my things will be seized.

This would be better served in the parking tickets forum...!

Under the Road Traffic Act 1991, the registered keeper of a vehicle

is responsible for any/all PCN's attributed to it. (NOT THE DRIVER)

Good luck, regards, Dave.

---------------------------------

Don't forget to click my scales!

---------------------------------

If this was a lease vehicle, a waiver would have been signed by your company, pertaining to PCN's. If your company signed this and not you

then your company is responsible. If you personally signed the lease

agreement then you're responsible for PCN's.

It's as simple as that. If you signed, you responsible.

If company signed, company responsible.

Check out the PePiPoo website, it's the same as CAG but solely aimed at the motorist!

PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

Regards, Dave.

how can they gain access to your house when its a car????

It's as simple as that. If you signed, you responsible.

If company signed, company responsible.

so is it you or the company?

if its the company, i would phone them and the police immediately to let them know of the threats your getting thrown at you.

is it you or the company?

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Yes, it was a Company Car, not my own.

The Company notified the Council that I was in charge of the car. The Council then wrote to me, I wrote back to my then employers as they normally settled the tickets and then charged the staff direct. (apparently 2 further letters were sent but I did not receive due to moving house)

I've spoken to the Council today who were not interested and said that it was with Bailiffs and there was nothing they could do.

When calling the Bailiff's office number I was told that the only person I could speak to was the bailiff himself. I hasten to add that he is very aggressive and unreasonable.

i dont know, im not knowledgeable on these things, but they have to get a court order to enter your house, so ask if they have that, if they do, contact the courts directly.

can anyone else help?

simply quote what was above

Under the Road Traffic Act 1991, the registered keeper of a vehicle

is responsible for any/all PCN's attributed to it. (NOT THE DRIVER)

then if they refuse to leave, call the police and explain this all to them,

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

The problem is that it was a Company car that I was about to hand back due to redundancy.

Its not your car so not your responsibility.

How can they come and possess something you haven't got?

Having spoken to the guy again he is more unreasonable than ever.

He says that it needs to be paid in full or they will remove goods to the value of nearly £400.

He is not interested in a payment plan until I can pay the remainder next month. No flexibility at all.

He also says that if I contact the court direct that they 'just process paperwork' and even if I can get a means test etc from them it will be too late as they need the warrant actioning now. Again, I have received nothing from the court direct.

When I quoted the Road Traffic Act he said he didn't care and that the judgement was against me so was irrelevant.