Online credit card fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i recently sent off for a SAR and recieved all my statements from the credit card company. i have made some online purchases with my credit card and some purchases that i made i believe i was conned. eg (i never recieved the item, later investigation the website was a [problem])

so what i want to know pleases is what are my rights, what steps do i take (letter wise, template libraries) to get this money which was fraudantly taken from me?

Thaks a lot in advance

Redstar7

Fight for your Rights!

:-x

The issue would have been addressed without recourse to a SAR, the problem is your CC has only a limited time in which to challenge and obtain a cashback for the transaction. You really need to keep a lid on your purchases and ensure any purchase made is delivered, and if not queried, chased then if all else fails, pursue your CC co for a reversal, but time is of the essence, and you have to share the obligation with your bank to trade responsibly.

The issue would have been addressed without recourse to a SAR, the problem is your CC has only a limited time in which to challenge and obtain a cashback for the transaction. You really need to keep a lid on your purchases and ensure any purchase made is delivered, and if not queried, chased then if all else fails, pursue your CC co for a reversal, but time is of the essence, and you have to share the obligation with your bank to trade responsibly.

ahh, i did not SAR the credit card company just because of this matter, i am in the process of claiming back my charges, as i was searchng through i found a couple of dubious debits on my statements which i definately did not make myself.

Fight for your Rights!

:-x

I got a chargeback on an Amazon marketplace transaction that I never received, I think it was about 4 or 5 months after the original charge. AMEX refunded me immediately after I told them that it had never arrived and I had exhausted the Amazon Marketplace procedures.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

4 months and 5 years are quite different though - four months can quite viably pass with you trying to settle the matter other ways - ie I bought tickets to something that was canceled 3-4 months later and after waiting 2 months for a refund (with no joy) got a refund. However 2 years will prove tricky for the retailer to investigate and the same for the credit card, especially if there has been little or no communication regarding the transaction in question.