gillett vs shabbey

gezzer123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-| hi noobrider

i have had a quick look through my court bundle and i put it on the letter before action stating full removal of any default as result of excessive charges as this is in my court bundle in black & white and dated 18/03/07 will this suffice should i ring the court for advice or try my luck with abbey i do have 1 trump letter which i think the judge wont like and this letter from abbey came after i started proceedings against them when it was going to court they instructed the debt collectors to claim in full 1800pound at the request of abbey and taking the issue away from the hands of the court what are my best options?

as per Bennys post

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

hi everyone

here is an update last tuesday i recieved in the post a full settlement from shabbey(i won:) :) :) )my only concern was that they had defaulted me and i wanted the default lifted as was caused by charges i spoke to a women called claire and told her i would settle for the amount but would continue to goto court (which was this morning) to continue gettin the default removed ( tuesday morning i was talking to claire), i didnt hear from her until 6.45pm wedensday eve and she agreed it would be lifted i am waiting for confirmation with default issue in writing , but to cover myself i still went to court to put the judge in the picture she had already recieved a letter from shabbey to say it was settled i explained the situation what was happening she has now adjurned then if i am satisfied with shabbey and i have everything in writing then i will ring the court to say that i am happy or not

i think i might have a few beers tonight:grin: they are raising a cheque does anyone have any idea how long this takes!!

i am really happy because i have never done anything like this before and i couldnt of managed it without this site when i get the cheque and it is cleared i will send a good donation for my appreciation and all the help i have recieved everyone should have this site in their favourites and now i am going to start with cohoot which is a part of shabbey and it will be the same people ive just dealt with i wonder if they will settle when they get the lba or will they push me all the way again :p

hi gezzer well done. Ive got the same problem as you.Just reached settlement by phone but they wont remove default as its not on the POC(it was also on my first request letter)Ive got big o/d which will be cleared when payment goes in but was told i coulnt have a chq because the acct was still open for paying in!!What would you suggest?

hi petcat

dont panic you have got the exact situation as me i have a large overdraft but would not pay it as the charges i was owed was far more i spoke to a girl called claire on this number (020 775 64306) i never had any phone calls i recieved a letter last tuesday offering full and final settlement i t was 175pounds shy but i was happy i rang that number and told claire i would still goto court if the default was not moved so she said she would look into it and heard wedensday eve and confirmed it was because of charges ,

the other issue with the cheque is same as you the a/c is open and we have no cards as abbey doing there bullying bit ordered the cards back as i was not paying any money in so cut the cards up as there letter requested and handed in all the cheque books to local branch we still do not have access online to the a/c but have asked for new cards so we can take monies out and shut them down i hope this helps try that number and give claire a bell she is helpfull good luck

thankyou for confirming what i thought i already knew. I have emailed both inga and Her colleague with a cpr18 request and a request for payment by check.My overdraft like yours was only there due to charges and interest and i only asked for the 8% so why should they take it at their leisure when ive been deprived of that money for years!!?

well done for holding your ground, ingas away until tuesday so im hoping her pal gets it sorted out quickly.Thanks again, will let you know the result.

hi all just a quick question

i recieved a letter from shabbey and they are raising a cheque and the letter is dated monday the 25th june i still have not recieved the money does anyone know how long this process takes ?