morteee v A&L/MBNA card now with DLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

trust me I have more than that up my sleeve!

my ex husband thinks he has found the original paperwork showing that the CC was in his sole name AND it was listed on his bankrupcy order

IF its the same account we are gonna sue em all the way!

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl. :)

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

trading standards, oft, fos

bombard them! lol

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

and possibly ICO for breach of data protection if they are still adding things to your credit file.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

trading standards, oft, fos

bombard them! lol

looks like I am writing them some letters this weekend then!

claim v natwest WON!

• 4 weeks later...

ok update

have been on hols so not been able to follow this up but in the meantime have recieved 2 more letters stating they are awaiting copy blah blah account on hold blah blah blah

they have also updated my credit file (naughty naughty)

so I am now sending them this letter!

"

I refer to my letter dated 14/05/2007 which was delivered via recorded delivery to your office.

In my letter I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above numbered XXXXX account under section 77(1) and section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request has not been satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, Your company commits an offence. These time limits expired on 04/06/2007 and 12/07/2007 respectively.

As you are no doubt aware subsection (6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore as at 12/07/2007 this account became unenforceable at law and it is now my intention to refer this matter to the enforcement authorities.

Any default notices or adverse comments your company have recorded on my credit reference file should be immediately removed.

Failure to respond favourably to this letter within seven (7) days of receipt will result in immediate litigation being commenced against your company without further notice.

I await your rapid response.

Yours Faithfully

"

all ok?

claim v natwest WON!

Yup, reads fine.

The only thing I would change is threatening them with litigation, unless you're actually gonna do it in seven days.

Have you actually reported them to the relevant authorities? If not this should be your next step rather than spending £150 on a court case you probably won't need.

Alternatively, check your credit report, if they have already removed it, (as they appear to be claiming), then there is nothing more to do.

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

credit report was checked this morning online and they ammended it AFTER I sent the letter placing the account in dispute to show the updated balance!

shall threaten them with the relevant authorities first though - thanks for your input :)

claim v natwest WON!

Oh right, THAT kind of update.

Still would go with the authorities first, if for no other reason than to show a court you've exhausted all other avenues.

ok what do I do now???

have recieved this letter from them

thank you for your recent letter dated 30th July 2007 regarding the above account. This has been passed to me for attention.

I can confirm and advise the following:

1.The offene of not supplying the date requested under the consumer credit act 1974 is the time period stated in the legislation can be remedied by producing the documents. This we intend to do and have floowed up our request to the original lender for a copy of your original agreement.

2.Your account is on hold and all further action has been suspended pending documentation from our client.

3. Although we are unable to supply a copy document at this time, we will continue to notify the Credit Reference Agencies of the account status. You are entitled to apply to the Credit Reference Agencies for a notice of correction to be applied to your account.

Shoud you require anything further at this point please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days id there are no developments before hand

yours sincerely

blah blah blah

so are they sayign that basically they can keep this default on my file even though they cant even prove I have a debt???!!!

help please!

claim v natwest WON!

anyone? this one has me a bit stumped, especially as I have spoken to A&L and they have no records of this now at all and have confirmed all documentation regarding to the debt was sent to DLC in 2003!

claim v natwest WON!

1.The offene of not supplying the date requested under the consumer credit act 1974 is the time period stated in the legislation can be remedied by producing the documents.

Eh no, the offence still remains.

This we intend to do and have floowed up our request to the original lender for a copy of your original agreement.

Doesn't sound as if they are going to get a copy though.

2.Your account is on hold and all further action has been suspended pending documentation from our client.

Well that's a legal requirement, so thanks for nothing.

3. Although we are unable to supply a copy document at this time, we will continue to notify the Credit Reference Agencies of the account status.

Well actually that's an offence.

You are entitled to apply to the Credit Reference Agencies for a notice of correction to be applied to your account.

And their point is?

so are they sayign that basically they can keep this default on my file even though they cant even prove I have a debt???!!!

Basically yes. They are saying that they can enter whatever they like on your credit file.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Eh no, the offence still remains.

Doesn't sound as if they are going to get a copy though.

Well that's a legal requirement, so thanks for nothing.

Well actually that's an offence.

And their point is?

Basically yes. They are saying that they can enter whatever they like on your credit file.

so what do I do now?

claim v natwest WON!

i dont think there is much you can do until they say the cant get a copy of the agreement,

you could remind them though that while the account is in dispute they are not allowed to share your data with any 3rd parties (including credit reference agencies) under the guidelines of the OFT.

What have TS and the like said?

They need to see a copy of this.

I would also forward a copy to the Information Commissioners Office and ask for their opinion.

Write back and ask them under whose authority they are supplying your data to the CRA's. Explain that you believe they are in breach of section 174 of the CCA as they have failed to show where you provided such authority.

unfortunately due to extreme ill health I have not been able to persue this thus farhowever today I recieved statements from the alleged original account, shame they didnt get the address at the time correct!

oh and still no credit agreement!

and at no time did I request th statements lol :(

seriously guys not got the energy atm, my treatment is kinda wearing me down but rest assured I will be back fighting soon!

claim v natwest WON!

Hope you are feeling better soon Morteee....keep fighting. You'll get there in the end.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

update

am still getting the 21 day letters stating they are waiting for a copy of the credit agreement from the OC, the OC has confirmed to me in writing that they dont hold a copy of it so I am going to wait til I have 6 months worth of these lovely letters from Mr Locke then I am hitting them with TS :)

ps Mr Locke refuses to talk to me on the phone ;)

claim v natwest WON!