Conni

Conni
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is my first post on the Nat West site I am just coming to the end of a claim agianst Barclays so thought I would send off for my statements and get my post started.

Welcome Conni - keep us updated on your progress

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Having been there and done it once, you should be pretty familiar with the process then. Welcome aboard though Connie. Im also on the Abbey forum too, but I have to say, the Natwest one certainly seems to have the friendliest and funnies peeps on the whole forum.......... Its a right giggle,,,,,,,,,,,, but with a serious purpose too. Im sure you will be checking on for way more laughs again soon.

All the best............ and welcome.

Fendy xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome, will keep you updated but in reading some of the other posts it is going to be some time before my next post as they seem to take some time in sending out the statements, but my local branch is very friendly and helpful, we support the same football team!

So a huge plus point in your favour then too. Thats it. Think positive and you will win, YET AGAIN.............. no flies on you.

Pop back and chat when your'e on the next bit. Fendy xx

With any luck I might have had my own spondoolies from Nutty West by then. Lol..

• 4 weeks later...

Got SOME of my bank statement asked for the last six years and only got them till 2002 so at least two years missing, do they usually play silly beggers and only send part of what you asked for, will write again and go into my local branch to find out where the rest are.

Guest NATTIE

then it is perfectly normal and the branch will be able to tell you absolutely nothing about the fact that statements were even sent to you.

The rest will come in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

Could any one tell me what I do if half the bank statements do not turn up it has been over 40 days now and still got just over 12 months bank statements missing

Did not get my bank statements well not all of them so have sent the following letter asking for the rest in 7 days will let you know what happends

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated 14.04.2007. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges. Bank statements from 05.04.2001 to 16.10.2002.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Looks good

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Hi Conni

You said:

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.
so that's what you need to do. You cannot use MCOL for this - you will have to use an form N1 which you can download from Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home and you will find the relevant PoC in the templates library

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Cheeky s*ds! Keep a record of the cheque/postal order........... and the recorded delivery slip - get the lot back! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

dont worry I will,

looking at the other banks it seam Nat West is not the only one not supplying the statements my nephew still hasn't got any from Barclays, but the HSBC have settled his claim out of court and only offered him £20 less than what they had taken in charges.

guess we are with the wrong bank!!!

I've been thinking that for years!!! To he honest though.......... when you read the other forums - I think they're all much of a much! I.e., they all fleece you for as much as they can and rub their hands in glee whilst doing so!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Well (drum roll) sent a letter back with a cheque for £5 said I thought it was a bit cheeky as I had already paid the £10 to them and low and behold the statements came and they refunded the £5.

Try sending a letter saying you are enclosing the payment but point out that you have already paid for this service it may work!!!!!!!

Sending my prelim letter today so will report back in 14 days well due to postal strike may give them an extra couple of days

Well done connie, and best of luck .............. luvvin' the puddie cat by the way!! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just seen the news this morning on BBC say the banks are being taken to court and that no claims will be settled until the outcome of the hearing which could be next year!!! Do we keep going is it worth applying to the court if the banks are just going to apply for a stay of action until the outcome of the High Court Hearing, any suggestions. :confused:

yep I thought the puddy cat was cute too

READ THE OFT THREAD SO WILL CARRY ON AS USUAL

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about the news today. Business as usual conni - keep to all your deadlines and proceed as normal. xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

Well got a letter from the bank basically saying they are not going to settle until the outcome of the court case with the OFT so have sent my LBA and will get my N1 filled in ready to send in 14 days as not much chance of an offer coming through

just as a newbie to your thread (howdy by the way, I am the jester.....)

The bank CANNOT say they are not paying, only the judge can apply a stay to your claim. and if the bank do apply for a stay, there is a template out there to fight it, and try to get it removed. and I belived that someone out there has used that template, and won. So its not over till the dude with the big white wig hits his hammer thingy on Mr Natwests' noggin...... lol (I would love to do that, hit natwest.......)

Oli

• Haha 1

If this post has helped you, please hit the scales under my name. Thanks!!!!

"I would dig a thousend holes, to lay next to you. I would dig a thousend more, if I needed to"

www.incognito-photography.com