virgin media what to do

bmalayil

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

let me give some introduction about the matter.

i was with telewest for broadband for 8 months and then i had to move house. i requested them to reinstate the same connction in the new address, i requested this in writting.

nothing happened for three months.

after three months they sent me a letter saying i have to pay around £90 for breaking the contract.

i did sent another three more letters saying i am willing to pay them if they reconnect me in the new address.

nothing happened but they sent me notice of debt collection.

meantime virgin took over.

i called them paid the £90 and credited that for a 6 months contract. and in writing asked them to stop all the letters coming from their debt collectors.

it never stoped and exactly after one month of paying i get a legal solicitors letter for payment to be made.

i wrote to solicitors and credit collection agencies with proof that i have paid long back.

after three months now the credit collection agency sent me a three line letter saying your account is settled.

what should i do now to demand compensation for all the stress they put me through.

whom should i write to.

You don't claim for stress. Otherwise all those claiming back bank charges would have added thousands to their claim.

You claim for losses.

If you lost money financially to something that Virgin did, and can prove it, you claim through the small claims. If it was poor customer service you could appeal to their better side and see if they give you a 'good will gesture'.

Stebiz

Upon this occassion i VERY much dought you do not have a right to a claim from this company, reading your thread i dont see where you think you deserve compansation for them just trying to obtain a debt you owed, letters are computer genarated and have now stopped, it took time but got there in the end. Theres many people that have faced and continue to face many mis-haps in life, in one form or another, if every1 expected compo just for getting a couple of letters in the post where would this country be in 5 years time. you might want to look at some threads on this site, and then ask yourself do you really deserve compo for something so little when others are in much worse, due to goings ons in there life, be thankfull it is now sorted, others can and do wait many months before things are sorted but dont expect payment for such.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 1 month later...

2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

Still can't spell!

Fletch

Opps comming from someone who thinks there are 30 days in the month of Feb ( look closer to own threads before commenting on others ) assist, help, even give advice, but pulling spelling mistakes yeah very contructive of you hehehehehe

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 5 years later...
2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

Still can't spell!

Ha ha, wonderful!.

Thats a good necro-post lou!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D