Ian V's Natwest

ianatuni444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I thought I should post a thread as I have both come through the main steps in trying to reclaim but am not also at the point where I will need some help.

I sent Natwest all relvant letters to Natwest and after no success I filled a claim for £756 (including the interest). Natwest acknowledge the claim within a couple of days although no further response has been received and now the 28 days have elapsed. So.. What should I do?

I have read a couple of string and articles on here which suggests writting a letter to the bank telling them that this is their last chance and that they should cough up OR simply ask for judgement by default. When reading some of the posts in the Natwest area I see RBS (owner of Natwest) posted a cheque to someone after the default was issued to the bank so why should I believe another leter will work?

Either way, I've decided to wait a little longer (early next week) and send them the letter but do I now send this to natwest or the solicitors detail I have acting on the case on their behalf?? After no reply I then intend to ask for a default judgement.

I would be very interested if anyone has any comments on my case. I apologise if I have not given enough details although all initial stages and letters were taken from the template letters on the site.

Thanks!!

Ian

Give it another week then ring the courts and ask about judgement, or what they think would be best step. The staff at courts are brilliant. Utterly fantastic......... some people on here would say,, go for judgement, others would say hang fire for a week or more because the last thing you want to end up with is a stay or set aside whilst the judge gives them more time to submit defence, that just delays things even longer. I would wait an extra week to see if their defence turns up, because they always always always submit with about 24 hours to go, and if it hasnt been submitted in another week I would ring the courts and take the staff advice there that they give. Theyre pretty good and can be relied upon to give good advice.

All the best. Fendy xxxxxxxxx

• Haha 1

Thanks for your reply Fendy!

I have decided to write them a letter as described in the post below and have given them until next Monday to pay up, or else. I have not yet requested a judgement by default.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

As you kindly suggested, if they have still not coughed up what I'm rightly owed by next Monday @ 4pm then I shall telephone the courts and take their advice.

Thanks a lot for your help and I'll be sure to keep this thread updated for anyone else who is in a similar boat.

Cheers,

Ian

Soooo.... It's the last day of the extended deadline and still no word from Natwest.

They have until 4pm today to reply (as instructed in the template letter). Should I be waiting at 4pm to request the judgement by default or perhaps wait until I get home to see if I have any mail?

Also, if I do request a judgement by default do I need to fill in a form? I wasn't sure if I needed to with an online claim.

Roll on 4pm...

Ian

Okay... An update.

After no reply from Natwest after the extra 7 days I have now requested a judgement by default. This has been 'issued'. Should I now seek to get the balifs in and take it to the next stage once it has been 'entered'? (I'm not sure how long it takes to get for this transition to take place)...

I'm hoping to hear from them soon either with a cheque or online payment.

Any advice at this stage would be very much appreciated.

Ian!

OMG Ian!! :o Can't believe it!!

I haven't a clue what you need to do - but if you pop into the chat room (or pm a mod/site helper) i'm sure you'll get a quick response!!

Good luck - let us know what answer you get to this one!! xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Dear all,

Following my request for judgement by default I this morning received a letter from Natwest explaining that they do not believe the charges are in error but as a gesture of goodwill they are willing to offer me £520 when my original claim is for £756.

In the letter, they said that if I did not accept the offer then they may have to consider "if they are prepared to continue to provide me with existing banking facilities. Instead they may offer me a simple account that does not offer borrowing facilities or other services that can result in charges"

I take this as a little bit of a threat and one which does worry me. Although I have a parachute account which I can use I do not have the same overdraft limit so would unable to instantly pay back Natwest should they close. See my worry here? Also, how can I be sure that if I accept their offer that they won't close my account anyway?

I was expecting this letter of an initial offer shortly after I took them to court, not after the judgement by default. I have not yet paid for a warrant of execution.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. I've always said I'd go for the whole amount but really really do not want to lose my account at this time and have an overdraft bill pushed my way which I cannot easily pay.

Thanks

Ian

Hi all,

Following the offer of £520 I have decided to write back to the bank and request an offer of £600 to amicable settle the case. I know this is not the full amount but I really do not want my account to be closed so I think this is the best route in my particular case.

I am going to write this letter on Tuesday so if anyone has any comments as to what I might need to include in this to ensure I keep my account then please let me know.

Thanks!!

Ian