just received my statements

SHELLYWELLY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Add CCI! Look at my thread lynsey v capital one. I am so nearly there they are offering me all the money plus the 8% interest but i am going all the way to get CCI. At worst i will get what i have been offered now so i am not losing anything! Do it, what have you got to lose?

• 1 month later...

Update

Just got the response from cap one this morning

'ive reviewed your account and as a gesture of good will id like to offer to reduce the fees weve charged to £12 each.as weve sold your account ive asked cabot to reduce your outstanding debt by £196. ' (my charges plus cci was £825.00) the debt to cabot is £700

the letter ends 'please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and im sure well be able to put this experience behind us'

question is its lba time but do i first need to say ill accept the £196 as part payment and i still want the remainder or adapt my lba letter and put everything in one letter

cheers everyone shelly

I've read several places to reject the offer in full and give them permission to take the money back, and tell them you will only accept the full amount + cci, im at the same stage as you so will be writting to decline the offer in full, im gonna wait another week to send lba though cos im also waiting to see if i should add ppi to my claim aswell

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update

Sent letter saying id take the £196.00 as part payment, and asked for the remaining £629.00, (this includes the c.c.i at 22.8%.which is the interest they charged on cash and credit )

Got my reply this morning.The offer of 196 is still open,the oft havent told us we are obliged to refund any charges.I look forward to receiving your signed settlement form so we can put this behind us and save the courts valuable time.So I guess its one final letter giving 7 days of my intent to file my court claim.

Will keep you posted.

Shelly

Hi Shelly

Usual tactic by them. You will need to file with the court. They then Acknowledge, most of the time say they will defend, then pay up in full. Been that way for at least 6 months now.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers