First Direct v Tedsbird - 12 years ago!!!

sunshine star

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all!

I've won against Lloyds so after reading through the latest info from bankfodder stating we should be claiming beyond five years I'm going to take on First Direct.

Problem I have is the account was closed in 1999, I don't have any statements, bank account numbers etc and I've moved house since I held the account. Can anyone advise what the chances are that I would be successful in getting anything be it statements or charges back?

I'm not looking a thousands here but I was put on a debt management plan thing for over a year where they consolidated my overdraft and closed the bank account until over £2k was paid off. I do remember the charges they applied were more than I was paying each month. In the end my dad paid it off for me.

you are still entitled to the information, go into a branch and talk to a personal banker or whatever FD calls them, tell them you have moved, blah blah blah, you need the information so can they access it.

As you are now aware thay hold records for a lot longer than otiginally thought so dont get fobbed off.

you will obv need personal data that will identify you, take in your driving licence, passport, birth certificate if necessary, anything you think will help.

They cannot refuse to issue the information on the grounds of you reclaiming your charges

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.