Help with a quick question - defaults

dc0u

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I may have missed this somewhere in the other threads but there's so many pages to sift through.

As far as I can make out, letters can be sent to creditors from satisfied defaults to stop them exchanging your data with the credit reference agencies.

Once they have agreed to this, can you not just query the accuracy of the data with the credit reference agency - if the creditor involved is not permitted to share information with them, they can't verify it and it must be taken off your record?

Or am I getting myself too confused by all of this?

Any advice would be a help, have 2 defaults for riduculously small amounts and can't even get a current account. wanting to even progress to a mortgage later this year so need them gone fast!

Also trying to claim charges back from Clydesdale - probably taken too much on at once!!

(Defaults & charges are different accounts - not related)

Just another quick one (in addition to the one above which is by far the more important!)

I have an account showing 5 months behind with repayment on my credit report with CL Finance. The debt has not even been assigned to CL for 5 months!

As the origional account was a burtons store card with GE Capital and the agreement was with GE Capital, do CL Finance have the right to exchange data with the credit reference agencies as I have never signed an agreement with them?

Also they have me down on the report as debt management programme and paying £21 per month. Before it even got to CL finance I had contacted GE on more than one occasion to inform them I was no longer with a debt management company and upped my monthly payments to £100 - but this was obviously not recorded. Will these statements adversely affect my credit and if so, can I dispute them as all conversations were conducted by telephone. I have no official record of the conversations.

This debt has now been paid, but can I get rid of the report - or do I even need to? I did recieve a default notice from GE but thankfully (I have no idea why) this does not appear on my report!