vincymum v barclays

vincymum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The banks don't reply to your letters very quickly, if at all.

Just stick to your own timetable and don't be railroaded by the bank's procrastination.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for that Rooster UK. I feel totally overwhelmed by everything, but reassured that I will find lots of like-minded souls for support and advice (without predjudice!)

Will keep this thread informed of my progress, as and when/if it happens.

Trying to post this message as a new thread. Sent out my prelim letter on 05/4/07. No reply as yet, but then again tomorrow is Sataurday!

Just read about Hells Bells, and I'm totally gutted for her.

hang on read the thread properly. it was for dpa not provided by barclays. not the charges element

hang on read the thread properly. it was for dpa not provided by barclays. not the charges element

Thanks Kimmy01 It's easy to get confused. Still, it sounds a sthough she had a tough time. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with DPA issues as I had all of my statements.

• 4 weeks later...

HELP! Just read a reply b y oneofakind regarding sticking to the timetable.

I have sent LBA to Barclays and got a reply only yesterday. They say they need to "collate" more information. Assuring me that they want to resolve complaint, and that if I feel the urge I can call them on 0845........

Does sticking strictly to the 14days matter so much. I'm filling in my N1 today in the hope of sending it today. How would 15 days give them a chance to wriggle out?

:-? Hi,

Bit of help needed. Read comments by oneofakind.

I received a reply to my LBA dated 6th May 2007. It arrived through my door yesterday 8th May 2007 exactly on 14th day. contents =

"In my previous letter I promised to keep you updated on the progress of my investigation.

To help me resolve the matter I need to collate more information. When I have this information I will be able to provide you with a full response to your complaint.

I remain committed to resolving your complaint as quickly asI can and will contact you againby 6th May. If you would like to speak in the meantime, please call me on 0845 6090806 or 0044 113 389.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Can I now submit my N1 even though today is day 15?

What information could they possibly need that they do not already possess? If I call and speakto one of the may minions there, do they have any authority to tell/suggest anything? (Anyway don't really have the time or money)

In my LBA I specified that I wanted a refund of the charges. What else could there be to talk about? Is ther some kind of codedlanguage in this letter?

Take the letter with a pinch of salt they are biding their time, if you waited, they will write back in a few weeks saying "we've looked at the issue and find that are charges are lawful" and you're no further on.

So now its 15 days from when you sent your LBA, carry on with the next stage MCOl or N1. Like One of a Kind says its YOUR claim YOUR timetable, don't let barclays railroad you.

I wouldn't bother ringing them, Barclays aren't interested in settling at this stage and just hope that you will get fed up with waiting and give up your claim

Good luck

Tori:)

It's just delaying tactics, file your N1. B won't pay up until a least couple of weeks before court date!!!

Keep going your nearly there.

madhouse5:)

I totally Agere fight them all the way its your money. You got this far dont give in to them now

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

:) Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is what I was thinking, but just can't believe that Barclays are still on this track! I'm off to the internet cafe to print out my N1 and hand it into the courthouse, and send copies to aforementioned bank off in the post!(recorded delivery).

:o

Hi,

I've just filed my N1's today at court finally. I filled out forms for the EX160, but had trouble getting info needed in timely fashion. Anyway it is done now. I've combined my 2 barclays account into 1 claim. I had already done this in my LBA. Then I filed an N1 against Alliance & Leicester.

After that I logged on and read that Lloyds had won over Mr. Berwick in Birmingham!

It did surprise me. However I do hope the guy is able to find a basis of appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm waiting for a response from Barclays to the claim I filed against them on 16th May.

I 'm gonna start on the first copy of my court bundle now. Afew days ago I tried to print copies of pod's from the Royal Mail website but was unable to do so. So I rang them up and they're sending them to me for free!

Feeling very nervous now. I have had weird communications from Barclays saying that they will contact me and never doing so. Had about 2 letters like that but have not had slightest sniff of an offer! Oh well.

If anyone has Terms and conditions for 1992, or 1996, could they send me a copy please. I did send out a request but I'm not sure if my message got through. Thanks

Hi mum, dont worry about getting no replies, see thread by CAZKATJOE, she was in the same situation, getting worried, thnking she had done something wrong,, she was paid up in full last week.

Concerning the T's & C's from the past, they are proving difficult to get hold of.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I have the T&C's from 1996 pm me an email address and i will send you them

Thanks everyone for the advice. Now the kids are in bed I will read through CAZKATJOE's thread as far as I can.

Saintly_1, thanks for that. I will send you my e-mail address in a few minutes.

I have noticed that the terms and conditions are difficult to get hold of. My account was started up years ago in 1992 when I was a student. I hardly throw anything away, but don't recall receiving these! Can anyone else remember receiving terms and conditions or did they just get the cheque book and card, and pin no.?

Evening all,

I have just read on BBCi under the UK news that District Judge Ian Besford is to strike out 20 claims by bank customers, quoting the Lloyds recent win, and saying they were unlikely to win because Lloyds had won a similar case!

Is he allowed to do this?. The prospect of failing before even getting evidence infront of a Judge after paying all that money is so perverse to me, it is making me feel quite ill.

Can someone tell me this is all a joke please? Please! vincymum.

Doesn't look like a joke to me, and it is very worrying especially for people in hull!! Hope someone who knows what they are on about can throw some light on this

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

OK, I have calmed down a bit now, but I'm having difficulty understanding what the Judges reasoning was behind his decision.

Feeling rather defiant for myself and claimants everywhere! Thanks be that this site exists and has such spot on/rightious individuals working together for the benefit of all!

Un/Fortunately my upbringing prevents me from making further comment about the Judge! (cos I caan't spell, uoohh arrr!)

Great advice saintly_1. I had a stiff blackcurrant squash as the offy was closed.

Then logging on today read about beaky79, who got communication saying that the Judge struck out Barclays defence as an abuse of process! My local court! And I thought I was the only one claiming there. How wrong can you get?

I've got my fingers crossed then that the same happens for you, would be even better if all the courts followed their lead :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!