vincymum v barclays

vincymum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers VM,

Quote " It's Friday night - perhaps raise a toast to Victory, another day.

Well ahead of you there mate! :grin: "

Glad to hear it but I bet I'm catching up quick.

Slick

This evening you may be right. Footie match away tomorrow (kids) and very early start. Tomorrow evening/(later on today now) is all mine. So I will be finishing my toasts then.:lol:

vincymum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers VM,

Quote " It's Friday night - perhaps raise a toast to Victory, another day.

Well ahead of you there mate! :grin: "

Glad to hear it but I bet I'm catching up quick.

Slick

Just not too quickly I hope. Weekend finishes Sunday 23.59:p

vincymum

Good luck at the footie and enjoy tomorrow evening!

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick. I'm waiting for Mr Postman to bring me a letter from my local court with a refund cheque inside it. I applied for it on 25th August, so yep, that makes it almost a month ago!!! They lost the first application and I had to fill out the application a second time.

(Hope refund cheque not drawn on Northern Rock!) :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :D

vincymum

hi vincys mum - defected to barclays now i see:D

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Defected? Not at all. I've just re-focused my attention;)

I started A&L at the same time, and I can't let Barclays slip. They have been throwing me a few more balls to juggle with, so I'm concentrating even harder. What a shower (complete this sentence in 2 words or less)!!

Anyway, great to hear from you jansus.:)

vincymum

Still waiting on my refund. Was told by enquiry desk it would be sent out last Friday.

Called up today and guess what? My cheque has not even left the building! How can a refund take over a month to process and send out?:eek:

Can I make an official complaint to Court Manager about this nonsense. Is there anyone higher than the court manager I can complain to?

Got a reply from Barclays. They are looking into my complaint blah blah blah. I called to see if any notes existed on my account, and guess what? (You're too good at this:rolleyes: )Nothing. So I called customer services yesterday to cancell the insurance I NEVER ASKED FOR but can't. Called Ireland where policy issued from to cancell the insurance I NEVER ASKED FOR but can't. Got to go into my local branch apparently. I D o n ' t t h i n k s o. Hope they will do their best to sort this out soon. But not depending on it.

Spitting feathers!

vincymum

Finally got my refund from the court after a month of chasing them. Disgraceful, I know!

Then for the second month running a premium has been taken out of my account for PPI which I never, ever asked for. Went up to my Branch on Saturday to complain, as I'd previously written a letter instructing them to return my premiums, cancell my additions account and confirm everything in writing. All they did was refund the premium they had just taken. That came out of benefits. So I've got to chase them for another month, and for the additions fee which i wrote in cancelling. They did infact reply to my letter so can't claim they knew nothing about it.

Just been on the PPI forum and have calmed down now.

What are you still doing up slick?

Hi VM,

I could ask you the same Q?

So you've got your cheque at last - excellent.

Bank still keeping you on your toes then - still, it gives you an excuse to loiter round here a bit longer.

I'll check out PPI myself ................. not sure I have a case , but worth a look.

So were you up late or up early (I was the former).

Regards Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I was up late. Getting annoyed about PPI I never asked for taken from my account, but no-one wants to sort it out by putting it the hell back. Resigned to fact this may take a while to sort out. Trying to keep up with most of the threads here. Late evening /early morning kids asleep & that's when I try to catch up:D .

vincymum

VM,

In my case, my business manager was able to agree loan a/c's for me from time to time BUT he made it very clear they would only be approved with the PPI.

It was implied that, without PPI, the loan would NOT be approved. In phone calls or meetings, of course, nothing to this effect in writing.

Don't know if that leaves me any chance.

Slick

Don't know if that leaves me any chance.

Every chance .

Just one step ahead of you.

Go get em.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/110403-tonycee-barclays-ppi.html

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

One question. Does your location mean that you reside just outside of Whitley? lol :p:D

Born and dragged up in Whitley.:shock:

Living in the posh part now. Tilehurst.:-|

I miss read tonycee's location first time i saw it and thought he had put 'one step from saintly' :eek:

Will allways be one step behind you honey.;)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi there VM,

Saw this and thought of you - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/116658-do-you-feel-you.html

It's good to see there's a little bit of justice visible no and again. Follow through the links to the A&L thread.

Slick

Born and dragged up in Whitley.:shock:

Living in the posh part now. Tilehurst.:-|

You see! nice. :)

Will allways be one step behind you honey.;)

Hi there VM,

Saw this and thought of you - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/116658-do-you-feel-you.html

It's good to see there's a little bit of justice visible no and again. Follow through the links to the A&L thread.

Slick

Will be getting in contact pdq. Thanks for remembering me.:D

VM

• 1 month later...

Morning all, still here. Just been watching The Money Programme about penalty charges on BBC1. It was interesting but did not raise any new issues for me. Like everyone here I just want it sorted.

As an aside I now have an absolute basic account and rarely use cheques. (Too expensive IMHO). Glad to see the issue still in the media even though it wasat 2.00am:)

Hi VM,

Nice to see you - don't be a stranger:) ,

Slick

Glad to see you still here slick132. Been browsing mainly for a long while. Bit of off topic comment (I think). With revelation after revelation about lapses in security at HMRC, and the most breathtaking yet IMHO, where some bigwig conceded that bank account details with pin no's secret passwords etc had been found advertised on over 100 websites boasting specifically uk bank details, who should now be considered fit to be a data processor? Who can be safe from misuse of data, and of what use at all do pins, cards, secret questions etc serve anymore?

If child benefit data, & bank account data has not been treated with the strictest of security, how safe are pension records? With most of this info organised in a relation manner (I presume) with key data fields tying your life for example to a National Ins No, how safe is anyone.

I just got a V5 back from the DVLA. In the envelope was a leaflet telling me that if I was thinking of buying a vehicle with a V5 with serial No's between a certain range BG9167501 to BG9190500 then it is a stolen document.

Great! What confidence can you have in anything.

Finished my rant now. Yes I did watch 'One Foot In The Grave' last night. Must have rubbed off.

Hi VM,

I've just rec'd a box from Barclays enclosing a card reading machine and instructions for how I must use it when making online pay'ts.

Haven't a clue how to use it yet.

Begs the question however, They must be pretty worried about their present security, or lack of it, to be tightening things further.

At first I thought it was a complimentary calculator - You know "Thanks for suing us and hope this comes in handy for calculating interest" or summat.

Then discovered it's a mini card reader like you use at checkouts - no clue what to do with it.:eek:

When I logged on to B's site earlier, when asked "Have you rec'd your new PIN thingy yet", I said NO, and used the site as normal.;)

Hi saintly, good to hear from you. No I don't have one. I do not intend to use my account for anything other than receiving monies and then paying it into another outside of Barclays (details had been set up before the cut off date). Would not give them the opportunity to offer/charge me for yet another 'service' that I did not asks for.

In a recent ish leaflet Barclays went on about if you have online banking, then your computer must have x,y,&Z otherwise they will not be held responsible in the event of fraudulent activity etc I was led to believe. I didn't even both read it all I was so disgusted. At that point I guessed something big was up. Then I remembered that banks had the responsibility of deciding if activity was suspect or not and if you were reimbursed or not, and did not want any further part in it.

They ain't all bad IMHO, but can't see a great deal of good in'em neither. What if your terminal/machine is faulty on delivery, arrives magnetised........How secure are these machines? What is the banks' definition of 'secure' and according to whom?

Nahh getting the charges back is proving contentious enough. personally i ain't going there.