V-Bird vs Thames Credit... contemporaneous listing.

v-bird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The next battle rages in this thread...

:eek:

Thames Credit Limited.

PO Box 44,

Bromley,

Kent.

BR1 1ZB

07/04/2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: xxxxxx

Your refs: xxxxxx

Please be aware that we do not acknowledge these debts to your company, and therefore require you to supply the following documentation before we will correspond further

Firstly, you must supply us with a true copy of the agreement you refer to in this matter. This is our right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing statements of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

We also require that you supply signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. In the meantime please be aware that we consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

V-bird.

Enc. PO £1

The above sent registered post on the 7th as of yet nothing to prove their receipt of this request.

[My heartfelt thanks to the main template makers and Alanfromderby for the format of the above letter.]

Letter today from Thames.

Dated 12/04/07 and referenced correctly.

I quote the text letter for letter:-

Thank you for your letter of the 7 April 2007.

We have requested a copy of the original application form and statements from HFC Bank Limited.

We would ask you to be patient whilst we collate the documentation and enclose your £1.00 postal order, as we do not charge for this request.

Please be assured that we will contact you without further delay once we have the information.

Yours etc etc.

I phoned the number immediately informing them that the clock is ticking and that I will return the postal order for them to cash as part of my legal request to them.

A letter will now follow from me confirming what I stated above.

One question... does the clock start on the date on the letter sent by me or on their acknowledgement?

Hello v-bird!

...One question... does the clock start on the date on the letter sent by me or on their acknowledgement?
Actually...the clock starts on the day that they receive your initial CCA request.

If U have sent it Recorded Delivery, U will be able to check the exact date via www.royalmail.com.

If not (...and it is NOT advisable to rely on this method), it is correct to assume that it was received TWO days after U have posted it.

Hope the above has clarified things for U?!...:)

Thames Credit Limited.

PO Box 44,

Bromley,

Kent.

BR1 1ZB

16/04/2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: xxxxxxxx

Your refs: STD

Dated 12/04/07

Please be aware that we do not acknowledge any debts to your company.

Thank you for acknowledging receipt of our notice that you supply us with a true copy of any agreement, statements of account and signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You have acknowledged of receipt of our notice as being the 12th April 2007 and we expect that by the end of the working day of the 26th April 2007 to have received in full all that has been requested in our previous letter.

Your kind offer to supply the requested information in full for free is neither asked for or necessary. Any refusal of fee WILL NOT preclude or allow you to delay your obligations under the Acts of Parliament outlined in our previous letter of the 7th April 2007, therefore, we return to you the £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

Please be aware that we consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

V-Bird

Enc. PO £1

• 2 weeks later...

26th April dispatched and 'no show'... the entire lie is at present unenforceable.

So the next hurdle is the 26th of May whereupon I submit a form to remove the entire lie completely.

• 1 month later...

Nothing at all from Thames Credit have just issued a warning that if they have not commenced the removal of my name from the likes of equifax etc within the week action will be started with the FSA and FO.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

Thames Credit Limited.

PO Box 44,

Bromley,

Kent.

BR1 1ZB

13/06/07

Dear Sir/Madam [Ms. Jane Maberley]

Following our telcon. today at 16.30hrs I would like to re-iterate my request to ensure clarity.

[1] Please be aware that we do not acknowledge any debts to your company,

[2] Thames Credit have been more than ample time to justify their continued requests for payments from me.

[3] Thames Credit were sent the following by recorded delivery on the 7th April 2007:-

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

Thames Credit Limited.

PO Box 44,

Bromley,

Kent.

BR1 1ZB

07/04/2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: xxx

Your refs: xxx

Please be aware that we do not acknowledge these debts to your company, and therefore require you to supply the following documentation before we will correspond further

Firstly, you must supply us with a true copy of the agreement you refer to in this matter. This is our right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing statements of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

We also require that you supply signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. In the meantime please be aware that we consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Page1

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

xxx

Enc. PO £1

[4] Allowing 5 days for the postal system to deliver the item you were required by law to show evidence of a debt.

[5] On the 16th April 2007 I sent you the following letter:-

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

Thames Credit Limited.

PO Box 44,

Bromley,

Kent.

BR1 1ZB

16/04/2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: xxx

Your refs:xxx

Dated 12/04/07

Please be aware that we do not acknowledge any debts to your company.

Thank you for acknowledging receipt of our notice that you supply us with a true copy of any agreement, statements of account and signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You have acknowledged of receipt of our notice as being the 12th April 2007 and we expect that by the end of the working day of the 26th April 2007 to have received in full all that has been requested in our previous letter.

Your kind offer to supply the requested information in full for free is neither asked for or necessary. Any refusal of fee WILL NOT preclude or allow you to delay your obligations under the Acts of Parliament outlined in our previous letter of the 7th April 2007, therefore, we return to you the £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

Please be aware that we consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

xxx

Enc. PO £1

[6] There has been no further correspondance from Thames Credit and as of the 26th May 2007 Thames Credit has been in the position of demanding money with no legal basis to do so, this is in common parlance is fraud.

[7] Having allowed Thames Credit a further 2weeks since the 26th May 2007 in order to allow you time to either [a] find this 'agreement' or remove my name from the Credit reference Agencies I discover today that to date Thames Credit has done neither.

[8] I HEREBY SERVE NOTICE ON THAMES CREDIT LIMITED AND ITS PARENT OR ASSOCIATED COMPANIES THAT IF BY 21ST JUNE 2007 THEY [sINGULARLY OR SEVERALLY] HAVE NOT COMMENCED THE REMOVAL OF MY NAME FROM THE REGISTERS OF THE MAIN CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FSA, THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN.

Yours faithfully

xxx

Hopefully this will stir them up a bit.

• 9 months later...