want my money back!!

moneyfromtsb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all.

after several attempts to contact tsb for and address/phone number to request my statements for charges - found this site. :D

so i was wondering do i need a copy of all my statements or can i list dates & amounts of charges from my account?

i have been advised they will pretty much tell me to get lost & also that they my try to close my a/c and demand repayment of my credit card is this correct??

all help appreciated

moneyfromtsb :)

Hi,if you have your statements, you do not need copies, people request copy statements because they have no statments going back 6 years, and need to find out how much they have been charged and when.

Your best bet is to read as much as you can on the site, it answers all your questions and makes you realise you can and will get back what the Bank took from you eventually, with as usual as much anger and frustration they can cause along the way.:mad:

I have issued my claim, LTSB have entered a defence, I am now waiting for a court date, all by reading reading and even more reading!

All the best with your claim, go to the template library, and get the ball rolling:) Janetx

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi

Would really suggest reading the FAQ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/ through. There is a step by step guide that will help you navigate through the process. As remus says it is also worth spending some time reading through other posts on the LTSB forum, it'll give you an idea of what to expect.

Good luck.

Brasic

Brasic and Lloyds TSB

Followed the guidance on the site and won :D

• 1 month later...

Ok so just had my letter back from TSB saying that they feel their charges are fair and that the OFT have issued guidelines regarding credit card charges but i wrote to them regarding my current accounts?!?!

they have also said they intend to close the comlaint by the 17th july.

what do i need to do now?

Hi moneyfromtsb,

As mb has said, carry on with your claim, these are standard letters to scare you, and stop you claiming your money back.

You are the one making the claim, so follow the guide lines for dates, not theirs.

Happy claiming:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Send the LBA 14 days after the date of your preliminary letter.

So even though i already wrote to them giving them the 14days i have to now send the LBA which is in the templates giving them a further 14days???

So even though i already wrote to them giving them the 14days i have to now send the LBA which is in the templates giving them a further 14days???

You've got it - and to be honest you will probably have to file a claim against them in court and get quite a longw ay down that road too - this is the way that LTSB like to play things - but stick to the advise here and you will win

Hi moneyfromtsb, was the letter you sent the LBA, letter before action?

If it was, and they have responed with the standard letter then you start the action.

So what did you write to them? if it covered the same as the lba in the template library carry on, if not you will have to do the lba, as this covers you, we have to get it right, so that LTSB can not get it thrown out at court stage (if it gets that far):D

Have a read through the links that Brasic and MB have given you, you know it makes sense:p

? are you scottish only asking as you do not mention Lloyds in your name.

wont hold it against you honest, first hubby was from Fife:)

read read and read some:p more

we all want you to get your unlawful charges back:cool:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Nicsussex I loved your response to the popeman,

you have a very good sense of humour if a bit dry:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

moneyfromtsb, just thinking MB is suggesting 28 days which I beleive is the time you should give LTSB to respond, again to cover yourself.

I am now at the court stage with LTSB, started with MSE, and tended to rush in, hopefully I can claim ignorance:rolleyes:

read read and read some:p more, the answers are out there, and there is plenty of lovely people to answer your questions.

Happy claiming:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

you know nicsussex, Re: Devine inspiration

Welcome your holiness - not sure that is a Vatican bank forum but i'm sure one can be created. classic:D

hope you appreciate me running around these forums at this time of day:p

Mr hisholinessthepope

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

LOL there you go again:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

[Your address]

[Your phone number]

[Date]

[Name and address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref: Account number: [your account number].

I would like to request a refund of all the default charges that have been applied to my account. Under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 charges must reflect administration costs and cannot be punitive. I believe that the following [enter details of charges] are unlawful as they do not reflect the true cost of going into an unauthorised overdraft.

You have taken [enter charges amount here] from me, plus [enter overdraft interest amount here] overdraft interest and I would like to request repayment of this [enter total sum] sum. I also ask you to ensure any default notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Please repay this money in full and remove any default notices within 14 days. If this is not done, I will begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and my costs.

Yours faithfully,

[Your signature]

This is the template of the letter that i sent.

The response i received from them pretty much says "we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges. You can get upto date balances at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on-line and by weekly text to your mobile.

The OFT has issued new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking through it with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about default charges which are paid when people break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your overdraft limit.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging systems as fair as possible - and why i cant agree to cancel your charges.

This complaint will be closed by the 17th July 2007 if we hear nothing from you."

Hope this helps someone point me in the right direction, why cant this be straight forwards lol. :confused:

moneyfromtsb, that is a lba letter, you have missed out the prelim letter, did you send in your schedule of charges +8% with the lba?

We need to ask questions to make sure we know what you have done and what your next step is besides read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

also as you have given them 14 days on your letter, when is this time up?

I would carry on with your claim, as you have told LTSB that is what you will be doing, and they have responded with NO refund of charges.

happy to be corrected:p

the credit card is mentioned, as that is when the OFT suggested £12 would be more reasonable for a charge! LTSB are just quoting it to try and scare you off claiming, its nothing to do with your account.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

i didn't send any letter before that as it took me several phone calls to the bank before i managed to find out what i needed to do to even request my statements and then realised i had access to them online. :oops:

they replied before my 14days was up which i was suprised about! think this was up yesterday.

someone recommended www.moneyclaim.gov.uk as a good way to get your claim in?

i sent out a schedule of charges but wasn't +8% What is the 8% from?

sorry 8% interest. when you start your claim, you need to include the 8% in your total claim amount.

I did not do my claim on line, (fee exempt) so can not comment, but I do know this is how most people do their claim.

I have noticed that if you do MCOL you have to include your charges spreadsheet separately (someone will put me right on this) .

Have a good read of the links you have been given.

read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

sent my letter off on the 1st of june threatening court action. should i expect a response? if not do i leave it the 14 days before starting my claim?

Yes, you must wait the full 14 days before filing your claim.

• 2 weeks later...

Right so i have had no response at all from tsb from my second letter which i sent.

A friend has recommended cobleyjohnson.com for taking the claim on my behalf but someone else suggested contacting the financial ombudsman as a first point.

A bit lost now :confused: