Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • That still leaves the parties the Met isn't investigating though and the drinking culture in no10 though, doesn't it?   If they're not careful though, there will be accusations of no10 kicking the can down the road and possibly trying to influence the investigations.
    • Hi there. an update for you   1) independent surveyor report was sent to builder on 13 Dec.   2) builder only responded yesterday. They dispute the majority of the issues identified. Claiming for example: that we have influenced the expert witness surveyor, that we have caused some of the issues by undoing work, that that the surveyor is wrong,    3) through trading standards we gave them the month of nov to finish plus put things (known) right, at no point did they say a month was unreasonable, they were onsite for less than 10 days of nov,  early nov building control initially visited and highlighted issues, they claim building control have now signed off their work at the end of nov   4) building control visited last week at my request, there are still issues with their work, it has not been signed off and never was at the end of nov    4) builder now says there they didn’t have time to put known things right in nov (they are always contradicting themselves) and that they should be allowed to return to site  to fix these ‘minor snags’, the majority are not minor snags, they are building regulation contraventions    5) we have quotes from 3rd parties to do the work. We do not want the original builders back because:    a)quality of their workmanship has been called into question by ourselves, building control and a 3rd party surveyor    b) lack of trust in what they tell us - for example they’ve deviated from the plan, used different materials, refused to fix items saying nothing wrong and it’s how they always do it, refused to give deadlines, knowingly cut corners, have said work is signed off when it isn’t etc    c) their behaviour:  smoking weed on site, urinating next to my garden office, swearing, smoking, leaving the house with doors wide open and unlocked, leaving site unsafe with scaffold boards & materials lying across/over paths at end of day/week, all these things were raised with them verbally & in emails    d) they repeatedly said they hate working for us, they can’t wait to leave, none of them enjoy coming here etc   so, my question is.. do we have to allow them to return or can we say that we want a refund or for them to cover 3rd party costs?    im feeling that they have had enough opportunities to do the right thing and put things right, I’m also feeling that we aren’t being unreasonable by not wanting them back..   they say they can’t understand why we are rushing to get 3rd parties to finish the job and that the job is ‘live ‘ with them.   my feeling is that this job should have been finished in July (at no point have they provided a revised completion date despite us asking numerous times), they were given nov to finish & go, we’ve not heard from them over past 2 months so how could it still be live, and that we’ve spent 2 cold months living in a half finished house which doesn’t have heating completed, is damp & draughty, Ofcourse we want to get it finished asap! Any input would be appreciated, thank you.
    • Well, quite a change in stance from the Met after Johnson delays it   From 'We are fine with the report being released in its entirety, to effectively 'don't mention the bad stuff - which is as we first expected from Johnson and Dick before the surprising 'yeah release it'     Met Police asked Sue Gray to remove key details from report WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Force is running parallel criminal probe into potential lawbreaking at Downing Street     Wonder what self destroying message personal phones that was arranged on?
    • I were recently in an accident with another vehicle earlier this month and swapped details of both myself and the owner of the garage etc no police were contacted and both able to return as normal.   After contacting the garage they then inform me later on, in the day they required my own insurance to cover the cost only to be a named driver on the one being repaired and informed them of this.   I then requested they come collect the vehicle in which they did days later.   Didn't hear much more until recently with the owner of the garage contacting in abit of a panic for insurance details again and explained once more being a named driver on the policy, His insurance has received a '3rd party allegation' in which the garage owner has passed my details on for being the driver.   I and others have used this person for years and when we first used him I would ask him verbally how come we can swap vehicles and he informed me he had business insurance to cover anyone whilst their vehicle gets repaired and this is clearly a lie.   I did get some legal advice and one of them were to wait for a Notice of Intended Prosecution but i am concerned the owner might not be telling the truth to their own insurance or not telling them what happened??   Should I hand myself in the police and tell them the garage isn't being honest?   Any help or experience/expertises would be greatly appreciated.        
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Help Req Wednesday vs Hsbc


wednesday1867
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello all :)

 

This is my situation, i defaulted on a HSBC managed loan, when i went to Payplan to start a debt management plan 14 months ago.

 

I am, well i thought near the end of the process of reclaiming my bank charges from HSBC, i couldnt afford to go to court at the time, but in a fortnihgt i will be in a position to take them to court, dependning on the cost, as far as i know the court proceedings cost £100?

 

Right this is my problem, my timescale is:

 

I sent letter requesting statements 29 Jan

 

Sent first letter for refund 22 Feb

 

Sent LBA to PO Box in Leeds 19 March

 

The amount im reclaiming is £1418.50 plus interest it totals £1785.29, in all letters to HSBC, i have been asking for the full amount.

 

The word seems to be HSBC aim to sort all this within 8 weeks, i was looking for this with no being able to go to the court stage.

 

Anyway i sent the letter threatening court action on the 19 March, i hadnt heard anything until today, when i received this letter:

 

 

Dear Mr So and So,

 

 

Thank you for your letter dated 19 March 2007 requestions a refund of your bank charges of £1418.50 passed during the last 6 years.

 

The bank does not agree that our charges are in any way unfair or unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is governed bu our Personal Banking Terns and Conditions. If you ask us to make a payment that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn, or over an agreed overdraft limit, the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

 

Our fees and charges are stated in out published price list and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are set out in out terms and conditions.

 

While i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, i trust that i have been able to clarify the banks position. However, should this not be the case, i enclose a copy of out leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with and the attached guidance sheet explains the next steps to you.

 

Yours

 

Mark Loker.

 

Firstly there was no leafelt enclosed only this guidance sheet which read:

 

We Hope that you will be happy with the attached response and that this matter has now been addressed to your situation.

 

Alternatively, if you wish to escalate your concerns to the next stage, you can write to the senious manager of our service quality team, at the the following address, enclosing a copy of this letter:

 

The Senior Manager

Service Quality Team

HSBC Bank PLC

Arlington Business Park

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

 

IF we do not hear from you within the next eight weeks, we will consifer matters resolved.

 

Cases we cannot resolve can ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, further details of which can be found in out Listening to your comments leaflet.

Now im not overjoyed by this response, with the timescale i was expecting a better letter, but my problem is, it looks like the 8 wek limit has been reset for me and im far from happy with it, the standard letters dont really cover what i want to say to the Senior Manager and as im not very good with the legalities of the situation, id very much appreciate some help or information.

 

The letter im looking to send back, is a straight to the point, that this has been going on far too long, id like to complain to the financial onbudsman, can i complain? Also i will be starting court proceedings on 26th of this month to reclaim the full amount, plus interest plus court costs, the only way i wont is to receive a cheque for £1418.50 before 26th, now i realise ive got more chance of seeing snow today than receiving a cheque :D

 

So if someone can give me some tip on writing this letter or point me in the right direction, id very much appreciate it.

 

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you waiting until the 26th to file? If your LBA gave them 14 days to comply you should have file on 3rd April. Stick to your timescales and not theirs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry re-read your post. I wouldn't give them any more time. If you are using MCOL - register now and complete all the neccessary bits. You don't need to submit the button yet, just save it ready for the 26th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry re-read your post. I wouldn't give them any more time. If you are using MCOL - register now and complete all the neccessary bits. You don't need to submit the button yet, just save it ready for the 26th.

 

 

If i register now, will HSBC know its going to court, or will it not go thro til the 26th?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No they won't know until they receive the stuff from the courts. Once you file online, the courts send the claim stuff to DG. You will get a "Notice of Issue" from the courts telling you when the claim is deemed served.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. You fill in the box for amount claimed which will be total charges + 8% interest. The court fee will then be automatically calculated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea personally. I submitted my claim 14.03.07 and DG have only just put in their defence. I am currently waiting to be transfered to my local court.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

wednesday I am not clear as to why you are waiting to start the court action they have had plenty of time to stump up the money the only way you are going to get them to move is to go through the court process. You could be looking at 2 -3 months from when you file your court action to when you see your money.

:)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

 

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Link to post
Share on other sites

wednesday I am not clear as to why you are waiting to start the court action they have had plenty of time to stump up the money the only way you are going to get them to move is to go through the court process. You could be looking at 2 -3 months from when you file your court action to when you see your money.

:)

 

Reason i didnt take them to court, car failed mot, the money for court then got spent on car repairs, hence, cant do it til payday this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Wednesday, there is no problem delaying your claim; the periods recommended here are reasonable periods for HSBC to respond to your complaints. Its your claim, if you take a little longer you are just giving them more time to respond before you involve the county court.

The cost of submitting your claim is on a sliding scale, the maximum for the type of claim we recommend here is £120, but if your claim falls into one of the lower bands it will be cheaper.

pete

Link to post
Share on other sites

court fees are as follows:

 

up to £300

£30

£300.01 - £500

£50

£500.01 - £1,000

£80

£1,000.01 - £5,000

£120

£5,000.01 - £15,000

£250

 

hope this helps!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on whether you need to do AQ. I think this costs a further £100.00, but you are a while off yet. Once MCOL done you will get "Notice of Issue". The bank then has to acknowledge your claim and you will get "Notice of Acknowledgement" This give the bank 28 days to defend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I phoned the bank up and asked the date I opened the account of which they told me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you have done your MCOL do many copies of your spreadsheet as you will need to send them to the courts (at least 2 copies) and DG. Did you state in your MCOL that you will be claiming the daily rate of interest? Just make sure that your claim equals your spreadsheet calculations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

 

 

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going thro mcol as we speak, im ont he particulars of the claim bit.

 

Im on money saving expert and i used there particulars, but thinking of changing to the ones on here,lol, just think ill have to re calculate all the charges tomorrow night, to ge them upto date regarding the interest, cos at the min, the interest only goes up to the day i calculated them, that was a late Jan or early February.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a difference in the way that mse and cag operate. be careful that you don't submit conflicting information. stick to one website or another wednesday.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...