Didnt sign for PPI but charged for it!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a feeling that there is going to be a play on word with Crap One. I have noticed ( having had the card since March 2004 :-| ) that I have been charged for PPI. I wrote and asked for a copy of the original agreement. It arrived yesterday and I had clearly marked the box NO. The wording is "Please enrol me on Crap One's Payment Protection Scheme" and I ticked NO. On the statements it sais Payment Protection Insurance but it is the same thing, isnt it?

This would mean refunding the money plus the interest that has been added over the months?

Would I be correct here, please some help me make sure I have thought correctly. :shock:

Thank you

tattietoo

I am in the same boat as you, in that, I have been paying for PPI with CrapOne since 2003 but cannot recollect saying yes to it. i'd be interested to know - Did you find out that you ticked "no" from the statements that you received, assuming you sent SAR? Or did you have to request for the copy of the original agreement separately?

Reason, am sking is 'cos I cant find anything on my statements to say I agreed nor disagreed to PPI when I got the card.

Yours' is absolutely a case of mis-sold PPI and you are entitled to claim it back with interest. If I am right, you may have to cancel the PPI first, though.

Bahoney

Hi Bihoney

I wrote and asked for a copy and amazingly it was sent after the second request. The reply came from

Lee Powell

Crap One

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YG

Do try as well and let me know how you get on.

Looks like I need to check the cancellation thing now. Thank you for that.

Hi Bihoney

I wrote and asked for a copy and amazingly it was sent after the second request. The reply came from

Lee Powell

Crap One

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YG

Do try as well and let me know how you get on.

Looks like I need to check the cancellation thing now. Thank you for that.

Hello and welcome,

They are a right shower at crap-one. They have fraudently taken money from you and you must reclaim it all back, every penny, plus the interest.

Write to them and point out what they have done and demand that they cancel the ppi and give you your money back.:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thank you Hellhathnofury :wink: I have written a letter this weekend asking for it to be cancelled and requesting copies of all statements. I did find a letter this weekend about the PPI which was sent when I first had the card which worried me slightly as I should have picked it up then. However, the copy of the agreement clearly shows I said NO to PPI. I have also asked for them to calculate what should be returned and to advise me ASAP. How the hell do I work it out as its surely accumulative on the final balance each month! :eek: I found on another thread that someone had used 29.something % but that wouldn't take into account final balance, would it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Thank you Hellhathnofury :wink: I have written a letter this weekend asking for it to be cancelled and requesting copies of all statements. I did find a letter this weekend about the PPI which was sent when I first had the card which worried me slightly as I should have picked it up then. However, the copy of the agreement clearly shows I said NO to PPI. I have also asked for them to calculate what should be returned and to advise me ASAP. How the hell do I work it out as its surely accumulative on the final balance each month! :eek: I found on another thread that someone had used 29.something % but that wouldn't take into account final balance, would it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Hello,

I do agree that it will be a nightmare to calculate the interest they calculated on the ppi on the balance of the statement.

Maybe just claim back the ppi payments adding 29.0% interest or the interest rate they charged you on a daily basis.

Just an idea:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hiya

Im in the same boat, I applied for my card online back in 2003, I asked cap 1 for a list of charges that were made against my account for late payment etc. through email & they kindly provided them, I claimed them back as we do.

Now the PPI thingy came around, I rang cap1 asking for a list of charges & also could I have the credit agreement. (as I could not remember if Id ticked the box or not, I didnt tell them that) they told me because I applied online that they were unable to supply the agreement, but I did tick the box!!! now then this got me thinking if others have applied online that means cap1 could get away with this as they cannot prove it, so I emailed cap1 & asked for a list of those PPI charges, again they kindly provided them, they also sent me the leaflet about how to make a claim if your sick etc., only thing was, I could read it as the print was extremely small (font size 1 me would say) anyway, I cancelled the PPI & Im now going to try & claim them back,

I thought Id just let others know, if they have or did apply online watch out for them saying "ohh yes you ticked the box for PPI" cause if like me you cannot remember then why not try & claim them back.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

I'm tempted to go on the website for the app. form and see exactly how you "tick" it. They must have a copy, surely they have to keep one by law.

Hello

By law under the consumer credit act they must have a credit agreement :o and do have to produce one to enforce the agreement and get your money.I would send them a CCA request. and see what they come up with

You will find it in the general debt section under credit letters and templates.

You need letter N I think, it cost a £1 but is well worth it.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

I asked Cap1 for the agreement signed by me, but they dont have it, I will look for the letter that they sent to me, & let you know what it says.

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

This is the letter from Capital One

Dear

Thank you for contacting us for a copy of your application form

Unfortunately, because you made your application online, we don't have a copy we can send you. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this cause you.

If we can help you further, please call us on our freephone number, 0800 9525150. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Yours sincerely

Lee Powell

Customer Relations Manger

so what do I do now, bit stuck & having a spooky moment lol

Angi x

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Thanks for that, time for some chocolate & a coffee, to help with the reading. :)

Angi x

This is the letter from Capital One

Dear

Thank you for contacting us for a copy of your application form

Unfortunately, because you made your application online, we don't have a copy we can send you. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this cause you.

If we can help you further, please call us on our freephone number, 0800 9525150. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Yours sincerely

Lee Powell

Customer Relations Manger

so what do I do now, bit stuck & having a spooky moment lol

Hello,

It can be a bit daunting, because you have never had the knowledge that you are going to gain from this site. Consumers do have rights.:D and these companies have exploited us in the name of profit:eek:

If they cannot produce a credit agreement, I would be jumping up and down for joy:lol:

Send the letter N today or as soon as possible recorded delivery, enclose your £1 fee and sit back and let the clock tick. They have 12 working days to get it to you, after which they are in default and after 30days they still don't produce it, they have committed a criminal offence,:D

Its a bit like claiming the bank charges back, lol I got confussed, but then I did loads of reading & got there in the end, so this will take some reading (aahhh chocolate & coffee at hand) I will send the letter N in the morning, then wait to see what happens, wonder if Lee Powell writes to me again ;)

Will keep you all updated.

Angi x

Angi x