BankFodder BankFodder

Micky the Hippo

Hippo v Smile

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3779 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Two identical letters from Smile today, both telling me that they're still looking into my complaint yada yada, response in 4 weeks blah blah, etc etc no references no nothing

N1 is now 11 days away and counting

I was rather hoping to get an offer on this one, seeing as it's a simple claim and all

the 14 days following the LBA expired yesterday

they can have the first post tomorrow, then I'll send the N1 off tomorrow evening

stat interest on!

another £90

N1 all made up, signed and sealed and waiting for granny to trot it off to the Post Office this morning

And NW and Barclay's defences are due no later (yeah right) than tomorrow

a brief flurry of excitement before the big snooze waiting for court

I suspect that Smile will settle quite soon now.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey caro

yes, what I've read suggested they settle after the LBA

this has cost them the stat of £130 plus the court fee by not dealing with it, they're on the four week 'get back to you' time-scale

bread and butter straight charges plus interest on charges claim, granted two current accounts and a credit card all rolled in together

good, hope so, the money would come in rather handy at the mo, seeing as the Barclays and NatWest look to have a fair way to go still, assuming they get their defences in by tomorrow plus the usual leeway :rolleyes:

N1 posted off a few days ago

today a reply on SM to my suggestion that they get in touch to settle before I send the N1

they're working to the four week deadline of the FSO or whatever etc etc, send my N1 to their legal dept

I pointed out that it was a claim, not a complaint and I was working to the courts' timetable, and their legal department would doubtless be getting a copy of the N1 in the near future

:)

Hey micky

best of luck, il be watching your progress, my N1 also deemed served on the coop on 12th so were about the same in timescales, cant wait to see what happens...GC

hey caz

supposedly they'll pay up shortly

fingers crossed

a letter today, goody I thought

it's apparently in response to my SM exchange

they need more time, they're allowed four weeks etc etc

cheque for the N1 cleared from my account (Smile) today :)

Looks like they might need to rethink the timescales.;)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes indeed

Notice of Issue arrived today

Deemed served as of the 18th

and loh and behold, checked my accounts today and a total of £710 has arrived into my current accounts

I suspect that's what owed for them with the balance being owed on my Co-Op credit card

Have to check when I get home

And that the N1 fee and the stat interest has been paid

still, my first actual real money, hoorah, and the NatWest and barclays claims still slogging along in the trenches

I'll check when I get home and as soon as I've got every last penny in, a very well earned and gratefully given donation to the site

no rapturous congratulations until then please

I've got something to pay the AQs for Barclays and Natwest with now :rolleyes:

Looks like my trusty crystal ball is still working. At least you managed to make 2 pages out of your smile thread.;)

What's Best for You?

yes, thank-you

hopefully they've missed out stat interest and the court fee and we can roll on for another page and the Smile hall of fame

I might well try for a few recent charges as well, seeing as the boot's on my foot for the moment

two letters today

goodwill refund of charges

they don't pay 'debit interest as it's not a charge'

yeah right :rolleyes:

no mention of statutory interest or my N1 fee or indeed my coop credit card fee

the charges refunds are about fight, £5 short on one, £20 over on the other

about £100 short on interest, stat and due to the charges plus the court fee

they're refunded some charges going through this month but they're going to charge me in future

they must think I'm five years old, this thread continues!

Letter written, their offer respectfully rejected and so on

£480 still owing, some of that the credit card, some the stat and the court fee

it's cool having the court case rolling

Go get them Micky, keep the pressure on, you'l get the lot back in the end, you would think they'd want to pay up and be rid of you but no they like their little games..Best of luck to you, im away for a week (thanks to the BOS) so hopfully when i get back il be seeing good news from you..GC

you can rely on the hippo

have a good 'un

and I respectfully thank you for your support

Service acknowledged today by one P W Kerns of P W Kerns Solicitors

Over the grand total of £445 ...

:rolleyes:

Service acknowledged today by one P W Kerns of P W Kerns Solicitors

Over the grand total of £445 ...

:rolleyes:

Hey Micky, wonder how much the solicitors fees are, bet they are more than £445, hold on mate its coming they just playing silly buggers ha ha:lol: :lol: ..GC

indeed and if they'd have paid up before the court stage it was only about £200 odd, a bit of credit card charges which they plain ignored and about £40 worth of interest due to charges, which 'they don't pay'

yes indeed, I do think it'll come shortly

fingers crossed on the bigger claims with NW and B, see how them strike out/draft directions go down with the judge

Hey Hippo

just going to follow those threads of yours, im having a bit of a nightmare with Citicards so might pinch some of your postings about srtike outs, ive just sent my 1st nudge letter to citi but they still to comply to the draft directions..GC

I can take no credit at all for any of that, there's a couple of stickies about with a step by step idiot guide

it all makes good sense if the judge fancies it, I think it works best with the bad boys like NW and B, worth a try with all of them though I think

After Citi myself, I think I've got a six page form to fill out before they'll answer the defaults questions, no statements until then, been sitting on it for a week or more, time to get on with it, all this court action had rather cooled my ardour with the other claims

Notice from the court arrived yesterday that Coop have acknowledged and intend to defend in full

You might like to take a look at the sticky at the top of the Smile forum.

What's Best for You?