Nationwide charges

toots68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post and I have to say my head is swimming since reading some of the other posts, its scared me a little but I am determinded to win back whats rightfully mine.

I am firstly going to get back charges from the Nationwide, for a bank account and the other a credit card. I received my bank statements finally after 50 days (yesterday) but still no sight of my credit card statements, they have cashed my £10 payment for the information and I have spoken with a few different departments who seem to have no knowledge of whats going on (also pretend that this a most irregular request, hence the confusion).

I need some advice on whether I can claim back 2 charges of £800 each as both the accounts were placed as defaults against my property, I am desparately trying to find out if this amount is deemed resonable (not in my eyes).

Can anyone help me please.

Also need to work out the interest.

Hope I can gain some confidence from the forum as at the moment its seems very technical.

Many Thanks

Nationwide Bank Account subject access request

21st Feb 07, statements received 13th April 2007

Nationwide Credit Card SAR sent 21st Feb 07 .. Still not received :-x

Hi again

Just spoken with Nationwide Data protection team, who have strangely enough told me that my credit card information is being posted today !, think I have worked out the interest for the bank account using the calculator on motley fool. Will keep you updated with proceedings.

Regarding the charges against the property it was a legal charge which was registered against the property with the Land registry ..... would really welcome advice.

Thanks

hi there toots, welcome to CAG

congratulations in taking your first steps to claiming back whats rightfully yours...

my first advice is to read the FAQ.

they have 40 days including weekends and bank holidays to comply to your requests, if they, dont send non compliance letter (see templates).

i cant advise on the defaults placed on your property, but when you send in the letters prelim & LBA it does have a section requesting the defaults be removed..

im sure someone with more knowledge and experience will advise you very soon..

dont worry, help is here..

good luck and stick with it

keep us posted :)

Hi has anyone had any joy in working out whether I can claim back the costs for Nationwide registering a default against my property with the the Land registry. I have spoken with the Financial Ombudsman and they put me onto the Law society who gave me the numbers of a couple of solicitors who didnt really give me a straight answer as it seems that it depends greatly on how much Nationwides solicitors charge per hour and what time it took, but it was suggested that I wrote just saying I deemed the £1600 (for 2 charges) high and as I was in a disadvantaged position at the time it was unreasonable. Could anyone make any more suggestions or suggest a draft letter.

Thanks

Hi again

Just putting my thoughts up here as I really would like to get my prelim letter off this week, Shall I just chance my luck and ask for half of the default charge back on top of my bank charges and add a bit to the letter explaining that I deem it unreasonable as my post above ??

Please someone help me !!

Thank you

Hi toots,

I've got no idea whether you can claim back the default costs but its worth a try? The million dollar question is, can you afford to cover their costs if you lose? It would probably be a landmark case. Only you can decide.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Toots.

I have 2 accounts with Nationwide. I am currently in the process of claiming charges for the smaller account but will make a larger claim on the second at a later date. It is on this second account that I have a charging order against my property. I got no response when asking for advice regarding this but these are my thoughts on the matter:

• I will request that the default be removed as the amount that was defaulted consisted entirely of bank charges.
  • If I am successful in having the default removed I plan to make a seperate claim regarding the charging order (I believe that they have to default your account before they can progress to CCJ's/charging orders, default removed = no grounds to enforce CCJ). I will request that it be removed, that the court costs be reimbursed and I may even consider putting in a claim for resultant costs of having to accept a higher interest rate mortgage.

I think that you would truly have a case if the original default amount was the same as or less than the bank charges applied to your account up to the default date.

I will let you know how I get on, good luck.

Hello toots68!

Try reading/posting on the following Forums re: Default Removal etc

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

U could also try clicking on 'Search' at the top of this page and typing in 'Charging Order', or whatever U think is appropriate and read through the threads that come up.

Hope the above info helps?!...:)

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I still feel I am no further forward, I now have the financial Ombudsman helping me, but have got the standard letter back today re my credit card charges saying that they were deemed fair by the OFT, they still havent sent me a copy of the charges which I requested in February, but the Financial Ombudsman said to start the claim without them. Im now confused as to what to do next, any suggestions ??? Do I contact the FO again and let them know what the response was ?

Many thanks

Hello toots68!

Follow the advice given in the following Thread re:Charges Info...

(...especially the links pointed to in #6)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/86629-artrex-nationwide-having-hard.html

Re: Credit Card Charges being deemed to be 'fair' by OFT.

TOTAL B*LL*CKS!!!

OFT stated that it wouldn't get involved if CC Companies etc Charged less than £12.

That ISN'T the same as saying that OFT agreed to £12 being a 'fair' amount.

Personally I wouldn't involve the FSO...it is funded by the Banks itself I believe.

I would chase Nationwide via 1st the S.A.R. Non-Compliance Letter route.

...Then once I had ALL my unlawful Penalty Charges data, via the normal Court process to recover everything else + have something done about the Removal of the Default at the same time.