Alex V Hsbc-six Years Beyond

Mr lex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone in the HSBC forum.

I think I have 'Sorted' Barclays out and now intend to go after HSBC. I had huge problems with them after my first wife died, after clearing the mess they left me in I changed banks in 1999.

So, first off, S.A.R. to find out what information they still hold on me.

Also I had better take time to consider what interest to charge.

This could be a long haul, but with everything you guys have taught me, I feel like a challenge, particularly as Barclays are funding it. I am watching the 'Six Year Treads' with great interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/42260-alex-barclays.html?highlight=alex+v

I have no doubt I will need some advise, so thank you in advance.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well thank you, nettyg.

I am not going to rush into this, particularly with the developments ongoing on this site. It may involve not only HSBC but the old Midland Bank and Midland Card Services, I also want to make sure I have got the wording spot on for my S.A.R. Hum, could be an interesting one !!!

Thank you for the welcome :)

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

O.K., A quick update.

I walked into my old HSBC branch today and asked for my old account No's. A very helpful Clark took my details and went behind her P.C.

As I closed this account in Jan. 1999 I did not hold out much hope.

Surprise, surprise after a few minutes and a few security questions she reappeared with my old info. RESULT 1 !!! :D

This tells me that if they have that info. at the branch they should have my statements somewhere. ;)

Some advice please :- I intend to go after my old HSBC current account charges, my even older Midland account charges and a old Midland card services credit card. Do I split this into three claims or keep it as one ?

I now have all the account No's

Also does anyone have a link to a good 'Pre 6 years S.A.R.' please, I have seen so many over the last 2 weeks. :confused:

Many thanks in advance,

Lex

&

I would personally do it as three separate claims and if you've got the time, tackle them one at a time so as not to get too confused :)

I would imagine the current S.A.R. would be sufficient, just altering minor details for your own circumstances. In fact just having another read through the standard S.A.R. letter, it should be fine.

They'll most likely try and delay past the 40 days saying something along the lines of "Please give us more time as the information you have requested is held in archive format etc..." It's up to you if you decide to or not BUT I personally wouldn't and once they go past the 40 days under the DPA, file for Non-Compliance, info here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Good luck with your claim and again, welcome :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

I walked into my old HSBC branch today and asked for my old account No's. A very helpful Clark took my details and went behind her P.C.

As I closed this account in Jan. 1999 I did not hold out much hope.

Surprise, surprise after a few minutes and a few security questions she reappeared with my old info. RESULT 1 !!! :D

This tells me that if they have that info. at the branch they should have my statements somewhere. ;)

Lex

This is very interesting.

Indeed, if they can call up an old ac no, then what else can they do? :-D

The data request asks for all data held on you... this is what you require, all the data no matter how old it is :-D

Oooooooo very interesting. Ive already been into my local branch basically requesting the same. The lady was much less then helpful and made me wait ages and ages and finally came back saying "I suppose it to reclaim bank charges huh ?? I just said , no actually, its to help find where my money went, Im getting a divorce........ a lie I know, but I thought it worth a try, she just grinned knowlingly and said, well sorry we dont hold records going back that far. We cant help you Im afraid........ but nvm Ive sent off SAR to HSBC Data Protection address and will just have to wait and see what they come back with. But now I know they have some info going back much further I will challenge them with this if they come back with NADA on my SAR letter. But thanks crusher for the reference to this post. Much appreciated. Fendy xx

• Haha 1

Thanks Guys and Gals,

I will doctor the standard S.A.R. and post it for your approval. I want to add a bit about 'Prove this information has been destroyed' to it.

Cheers,

Lex

&

Right then Folks please pull it apart before HSBC do !!

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

30th April 2007

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERs:

MIDLAND VECTOR ******** **-**-** Mr and Mrs lex

ADDRESS

MIDLAND CARD SERVICES **** **** **** **** Mr lex

HSBC Bank Plc ACCOUNT ******** Mr lex

Longwaydown

Cornwall

And any other accounts I have held or I have held with my late wife Mrs M Lex with HSBC Bank Plc and The Midland Bank between November 1974 and Jan.1999 while residing at ether

Welsh Address

Or my Devon Address above

I require you to address the following :-

1. Please supply me with a complete list of accounts,transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organization. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. I also require a signed copy's of the CCA 1974 act on each and every one of my credit card accounts.

2. Please note that I require ALL information on ALL of the accounts that I have held with you whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording method. Also any data that has been archived into any archival system used by your company, including outside companies.

3. Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

4. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

5. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply fully with my request. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them.

6. I also require certificate’s of proof, signed by your Data Controller, if any of my account/s history has been destroyed for what ever reason. I require the name of your Data Controller for any future correspondence

7. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally used in the past to communicate my private business to me and which you had hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from any local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Lex

&

can anyone with HSBC accounts please help? My monthly statements show an interest charge and then a total charges-both seperate amounts.It does not indicate what the interest was for but can i add these as part of my charges?these statements are not very clear.

Hi Pattacake,

I am sorry I don't know your claim, but unless it's very large with a number of older charges on it, it is properly not worth trying for overdraft interest.

It can be very difficult to work out and easy to make a mistake, but I stand to be corrected ??

Lex

&

can anyone with HSBC accounts please help? My monthly statements show an interest charge and then a total charges-both seperate amounts.It does not indicate what the interest was for but can i add these as part of my charges?these statements are not very clear.

pattacake best to start your own thread by clicking this button here newthread.gif

Interest charge is usually the interest charged for being overdrawn the total charges relate to when you have gone over an agreed limit both of these charges can be claimed back. :-)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Bump* Post 10 Anyone ???

Lex

&

Hi Alex... Well have read your sar... looks fine to me... however only one observation.. I'd leave out reclaiming the £10.00 fee, This is for a service and is not seen as a penalty... Anyway its more than likely they'll send it back??

Thank you Janeykate, I will address that point. I hope to get this off on Monday the 30th, so if anyone else would like to jump all over it, now's the time.

Lex

&

Bye The Way,

Is anyone else going a ' Pre Six Year Only ' claim with HSBC. As I have no 'post six year' charges from them (that was Barclays job ;)) I wonder how much of a problem this will put in my way ?

Lex

&

Guest peed orf
Right then Folks please pull it apart before HSBC do !! Lex

You'll need to add a bit refering to Microfiche, there is a paragraph with that information, but not sure where at this moment.

Thank you peed 'orf. How does that look now. post 10

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-768936.html

Lex

&

Thanks Peed orf,

Please feel free.

Lex

&

Right then Folks please pull it apart before HSBC do !!

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

30th April 2007

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERs:

MIDLAND VECTOR ******** **-**-** Mr and Mrs lex

ADDRESS

HSBC Bank Plc ACCOUNT ******** Mr lex

Longwaydown

Cornwall

And any other accounts I have held or I have held with my late wife Mrs M Lex with HSBC Bank Plc and The Midland Bank between November 1974 and Jan.1999 while residing at either (Spelling)

Welsh Address

Or my Devon Address above

1. Please supply me with a complete list of accounts,transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organization. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. I also require a signed copy's of the CCA 1974 act on each and every one of my credit card accounts. (I would send this seperately when you have the account information. Also you are asking for a signed copy of your credit agreement, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974)

2. Please note that I require ALL information on ALL of the accounts that I have held with you whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording method. Also any data that has been archived into any archival system used by your company, including outside companies. Please note that I also require copies of any notes or journal entries, which you have made about me as a subject, as well as copies of any recorded telephone conversations which you may have made which I was a party too.

3. Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

4. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

5. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 (In addition to this there is a statutory £1.00 fee for each CCA request, under the CCA 1974, so if you are doing this as one request you will need to stae you are enclosing these too.). You have 40 days in which to comply fully with my request. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them. (CCA request have different timescales Ie 12 days, and after a further 30 days it is an offence, this is why I sugessted that you do this seperately to avoid confusion.)

6. I also require certificate’s of proof, signed by your Data Controller, if any of my account/s history has been destroyed for what ever reason. I require the name of your Data Controller for any future correspondence

7. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally used in the past to communicate my private business to me and which you had hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

Lex

HTH

Tanz

Brill !!!

Thank you Tanz, I've noted what you say about CCA and will try that after I have any statemants back. Right then, some rewriting to do !!!

Lex

&

I have rewriten the main body of text as per Tanz and other's sugestions, not sure what to do about CCA yet, I may wait and see what I get back.If you think this cover's it all, it can go in the post on Friday

Thanks Tanz

TO HSBC

1. Please supply me with a complete list of accounts, transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organization. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. I also require a signed copy's of the CCA 1974 act on each and every one of my credit card accounts

2. Please note that I require ALL information on ALL of the accounts that I have held with you whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording method. Also any data that has been archived into any archival system used by your company, including outside companies. Please note that I also require copies of any notes or journal entries, which you have made about me as a subject, as well as copies of any recorded telephone conversations which you may have made which I was a party too.

5. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply fully with my request. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them. I am also enclosing a further £2 to cover the CCA statutory £1.00 fee for each CCA request, under the CCA 1974

7. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally used to communicate my private business to me and which you had hitherto found to be acceptable.

&

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks