Subpop V Coop

subpop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Folks,

After about three months lurking this board I decided to take the leap and reclaim my charges from the coop bank.

i sent a SAR request last week through recorded delivery and am awaiting a reply, looking through the posts I'm guessing it will take pretty much about 40 days.

I shall keep you posted

cheers!

;)

hiya subpop

my sar was replied to within the 40 days chq was returned no charge for data sent letter requesting charges back they replied within 10 days saying looking into it, then money paid direct into my account

just keep checking your account the money will appear before the letter

regards

spuddy

hiya subpop

my sar was replied to within the 40 days chq was returned no charge for data sent letter requesting charges back they replied within 10 days saying looking into it, then money paid direct into my account

just keep checking your account the money will appear before the letter

regards

spuddy

cheers chap!

The process does look stright forward, and appears to be easier with the coop than with other banks/credit card companies (I have a claim against mbna that i started on the same day, I'm guessing the coop will be quicker!).

Went through about three years worth of statements and totalled up a grand of charges! :shock:

It's funny, I lurked for three months without doing anything, now I'm kicking myself for not having done it earlier!:rolleyes:

I'll let you know what happens

:)

Later

SubPop

No yet I havent.

However it is still worth getting a Para account just in case!!

I know its a pain to think about swapping all your banking -but hopefully it wont come to it for you - but better to be prepared now!!!

Ironically the COOP was my para account for my claims, what I did was set up a £10 DD to the account. I didnt miss it, I didnt need the Account and now I have £150 in COOP account for raining day!!!

Good Luck with you claim though!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

No yet I havent.

However it is still worth getting a Para account just in case!!

I know its a pain to think about swapping all your banking -but hopefully it wont come to it for you - but better to be prepared now!!!

Ironically the COOP was my para account for my claims, what I did was set up a £10 DD to the account. I didnt miss it, I didnt need the Account and now I have £150 in COOP account for raining day!!!

Good Luck with you claim though!!

Cheers chap,

Had no reply whatsoever from coop but according to bolton's post they are way behind with processing... shame : )

"shudder"

Natwest bain of my flipping life they were!!!

Anyway as the saying goes - it all comes out in the wash!!!! and I got my cash back in the end!!!

Trouble is from reading on here you never going to find a decent bank eh!!!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

• 3 weeks later...

I sent My SAR recorded delivery on the 4th April (so assuming delivery on the 5th).. so that makes 40 days tomorrow....

Still no reply (of any sort), I'll give them till wednesday and then I'll make a quick phone call to chase them then the letter of non compliance this friday.

Absolutely nowt...nada..zilch

Shall be sending the non compliance letter Saturday morning.

Anyone sent a SAR around the 6th April got their details yet?

Got the statements today (Finally!!)

We have :

£1,476.50 in total Charges (including £380 in 40 days!) :o

(£366.30 in interest at 8% making a total of £1,842.80)

Now i need to do the letter asking for it to be returned. I'll post here in a bit. But a quick question :

At this stage I can only ask for the charges back and not intrest on the charges amount?

Thanks

SubPop

hello subpop! i sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) about the same time as you (the 4th of April to be precise) but have not yet heard back from the Co-op...

Give them a call, you've waited long enough! (you did send recorded delivery)