Joint bank account...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure which thread to post this in....

My new wife still has a joint bank account with her ex-husband. She has been told that even when the account has a positive balance, that she cannot close the account or have her name removed without the consent of her ex-husband. Is this correct???

Does this mean she has to be forever financially linked to her ex-husband???

Thanks, and sorry if in wrong forum!

Not sure which thread to post this in....

My new wife still has a joint bank account with her ex-husband. She has been told that even when the account has a positive balance, that she cannot close the account or have her name removed without the consent of her ex-husband. Is this correct???

Does this mean she has to be forever financially linked to her ex-husband???

Thanks, and sorry if in wrong forum!

I had an account with an ex from 12 years ago- the account is still 'open' because they won't let me close it- I have no contact with ex any more and I have no idea where she lives. and I need her consent to close it.. Account has about a £1 in it- as has done so for the last 10 years or so.

Just hate every DCA out there

My bank told me that me and my ex have to go to the bank together and both sign to have my name removed :eek:

very annoying as I have seperate accounts with the same bank and haven't used the joint one for 3 years now.

I think the only way to sort it is to see a solicitor, banks don't want to release names from accounts because then they don't have as many people to chase if the account goes into the red

I plan to claim back charges from all my accounts though, including the joint one just to p*** off the bank, my ex wouldn't bother to do it but as they wont remove my name...:D

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Go to the bank and ask them to freeze the account due to a marital dispute, neither party will then be able to use the account, and there is no danger of any debts being run up.

Yo udo need both sigs to close.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Both need to sign, but unless rules have changed you do not have to go in together. When I got divorced the ex just signed the form, gave it back to me and I took it into bank. Hope this helps.