Yet Another Mackenzie Hall Post!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I found this forum by doing a Google on Mackenzie Hall Limited.

My retired father got a postcard from them in the mail today saying that he had to ring them urgently in regards to an outstanding debt. I just happened to pick it up from the mat and wondered what it was.

The postcard was addressed to a person who hasn't even lived at his address as he's lived in the same house for 23 years now and the person he bought it from didn't have this name either and I think he'd lived in the house a few years too.

My father has been getting several letters over the last couple of years. He has always ignored them as he knows that it's a [problem] but he's sick of it now and is going to the police about the matter.

Am I correct in assuming that he can take action against them for trying to obtain money by deception?

Cheers

Gordon

Hi

I found this forum by doing a Google on Mackenzie Hall Limited.

My retired father got a postcard from them in the mail today saying that he had to ring them urgently in regards to an outstanding debt. I just happened to pick it up from the mat and wondered what it was.

Am I correct in assuming that he can take action against them for trying to obtain money by deception?

Gordon

Yes, as long as he goes through the correct channels..Have a read around the site- you'll learn loads :)

Just hate every DCA out there

Personally, i would just rip them up, post them back to them in their pre-paid envelope and state "Not known at this address".

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.