Bankruptcy nightmare!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone offer some advice please? I was declared bankrupt in August 2003 and last week I received a letter from a debt collection agency asking for payment on behalf of a phone company. I have been in contact with the Courts who have sent me a copy of my bankruptcy, there were a few debt collection agencies listed but without the amount of the debt so I can't tell if this debt was included. The debt dates back to June 2003 so is before the bankruptcy by 2 months.

I have read an article on Myvesta website which states :-

If you went bankrupt in years before and a creditor from that time claims they were not included in your bankruptcy, you should direct that creditor to the trustee of your bankruptcy. The trustee will help the creditor to understand they have no claim today. The reason that the bankruptcy cases are advertised in the London Gazette is to give all creditors an opportunity to be aware of the bankruptcy proceeding in case they are accidentally omitted from a bankruptcy petition or direct notification.

Does this mean that I am covered by the bankruptcy? Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for your time

SiberianHusky

Hi siberianhusky

I would get in contact with your trustee I am sure they will be able to clarify the situation.

But the feeling is that they wouldn't be able to claim if Myvesta quote is correct, but again check with the experts.

Cheers

Scott

You are absolutely covered by the bankruptcy, and can tell them to sod off. There's no need to contact your trustee even. If htye try to take you to court you just need to let the court see a copy of the bankruptcy order.

These people are just chancers that try it on. Another trick a lot of them try is to say that once you are discharged you have to pay the debts again.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

Hello everyone,

Firstly, many many thanks for the replies, it is most appreciated.

You are all quite right, I have just been on to the County Court which dealt with the bankruptcy and they have confirmed that the bankruptcy covers this debt. They have been really helpful and will today send details of the bankruptcy to the debt collection agency, but in the meantime I'm going to phone them up and tell them, in polite words of course, that they cannot chase me for this debt.

Once again, thank you so so much

Have a good weekend

Siberianhusky