Jura v RBOS ***WON***

jura
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am helping someone through this, any advice I give them is just advice, I cannot make them do anything!

However by posting this here will help keeping me in the picture !

June last year statements were asked for and recieved.

March 15th letter sent to RBOS asking for over 2 000 in charges and interest.

Recieved today letter from Sandy Watt saying they are considering the claim and will get back to them asap.

We also have had a reply from Sandy Watt requesting we fill out a rather brief form to provide them with additional information.

The only info we hadn't given them was the sort code, we have sent this back along with our original repayment letter and list of charges + interest.

We also asked them to provide a reference number as they refer to this in their letter but don't provide one! - so we look like we know what we are doing.

We will be sticking to the 14 day time limit before the final demand for action and see where we get too.

But I think it will end up through the FOS.

Good hunting!

Now that things have started for my relative, they want it done now (would you believe it ..... they had the list of charges for months before deciding .... I was asking, do you want to go for it ... ) yet today I was asked when s the next move!!!! :eek: Thats families for you!! ;-)

Any way, its now nearly 5 weeks since the first letter (stating 14 days) and near two weeeks since sandys letter was dated. I am thinking its the LBA ....

perhaps I should just sent that one to him?

Jura

Stew are you any further forward?

Hey Jura, we have had (surprise, surprise) a letter from Sandy thanking us for the information and that RBOS will investigate our claim.

We have another week to go before the letter of action but I suspect we have little power at this stage until we get a final letter from RBOS or the 8 week period is up and involve the FOS. They must be wise to these actions by know and drag their feet a bit.

None the less we will threaten further action.

Sandy must get a lot of mail!

Hi stew, reading your thread I would recommend sticking to timescales as these letters from Sandy (Who is female by the way) are generic and meaningless. You are correct in what you say about the 8 weeks. Its a period of limbo.

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch

Found missing statements at home !!!!

08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del

22/03/07 :mad: No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del

05/04/07 :mad: 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail

27/04/07 :D Offered FULL SETTLEMENT £3375

03/05/07 Cash in bank account :D :D

hi jura i too received this letter stating that they are allowed 8 weeks to investigate my complaint and i pointed out to them that i did not make a complaint i just requested that they pay me back what they unlawfully took from me.............just carry on stick to your timetable, best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Good luck........one week to go before 8 weeks are up for me.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Will be typing the LBA the end of this week but this will leave another 2 weeks to answer and another 2 weeks before the 8 weeks are up.

Was wondering if this maximum 8 week period should be pointed out as part of the action threat as we will be complaining to the FOS if they can't come up with the goods after the 8 week period ie they have 4 weeks rather than 14 days to deal with the claim.

I know we don't want to allow them drag their feet for the 8 week period but our action threat is a bit weak if we can't do anything for another 2 weeks after the 14 day deadline.

I think you will understand what I mean as it must be a wide spread dilema in Scotland.

Any more thoughts?

It is wide spread dilema in Scotland stew due to Summary Cause only being £1500. I was discussing this on another thread and hopefully we should get a sticky on it soon.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Not heard anything after sending the LBA, will wait for the 8 weeks up and go to the Financial Ombudsman, me thinks! (thinks must be darned close to the 8 weeks......where is my calendar....;)

Today brought another letter from Sandy, saying they are condidering the claim and will be in contact.

I think I am correct insaying ...just to fire ahead, keep to our timetables.

Ok they want to go down the Financial Ombudsman route ... so will get that sent of tonight/tomorrow.

However I think I have slippped up, I asked RBS for the amount going back 5 years (as per going to court) however I think that 6 years can be claimed back, if going this way..... should I mention that in my missive to the Financial Ombudsman??

Anyone help???:confused:

I think there are mixed views on this and we have gone back 6 years + interest for our claim anyway, I guess there is no harm in trying this with the FOS, we have 2 weeks left of the timetable before going the FOS way.Maybe an initial phonecall to them first before filling the forms in will clarify the 5years or longer timescale, especially as you will already have requested only 5 years from the bank.Hopefully someone with the proper knowledge will have something more definative for you.

Decided to ask, the letter is away. On the grounds nothing ventured nothing gained, and no one said anything here not doing so!!!!! I will see how things pan out!

Meanwhile I hear there is a comunication from RBS that arrived today.... my relative is away...... I am on tenderhooks !!!

They have been offered full amount asked for just over 1800 ....

Job done!

They are well pleased .... No court or anthing

Typical ..... arrives just as the FOS letter has gone. But never mind that !!

many thanks to everyone.

PS can I change the title to reflect change???

Well done Jura!!!!

PM a moderator if you want the title changed.

Congratulations!

Why did you only go for the 5/6 year period?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!