Telephone call asking about reclaiming?

dandylion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband had a phone call from a company asking if he had any bank charges over the last 6 years and would he like any help in reclaiming them.

Just wondered if anyone else had had the same thing?

He told them he was doing it himself.

Dandylion

:confused:

Dandylion

I've had one too from a market research company!!

Told them to get lost, already claimed back 3500!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Guest ian cognito

I've had junk mail from one of these 'companies', i put it in a reply envelope to Capital One along with my local pizza shop menu and conservative party newsletter, thought they might like something to read!

I got an email from one of these companies today (bounty mailings apparently). Obviously somehow popular to do this now, eh CAGers?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I'm from one of these companies and just for the record I'm totally against unsolicited marketing whether that be via post, e-mail or telephone. Actually, I don't mind it too much by post apart from the environmental angle of paper wastage. Nearly 80% of our customers come from recommendation and the other 20% from Google. Must work though or they wouldn't do it would they?

The thing that astounds me is the willingness of people I work with to think, "Ok, yeah, we'll give you some of our money to get our money back". NO NO NO NO NO:mad: (Where's a bang-head-off-brick-wall smiley when you need it?!) I've told one person on 5 or 6 occasions where she can get the info she needs to get her money back (which her husband has calculated as being £3K just in the past year so imagine what 6 years could be!), but for the past few months now she'll say, "What's that address again, yeah, I lost it again........I know I know................"

And then I heard her arranging a secured loan for a new £10K car! So, rather than knuckle down and log onto this page and speak to all you lovely people, she would rather secure a loan against her family home for a car :rolleyes: I really, really despair.

Rant over! I'm on a day off!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Absolutely - having been in financial difficulty (unemployment, death in the family, etc, etc) it drives me insane seeing two people with a family who have steady, secure jobs put themselves in a needless position. I suppose it's only when you've experienced real financial worries that you know just how affecting it can be, and the impact it will have on every waking hour, every sleepless hour, your credit score for years, your ability to put food on the table...................

......but some people just do not want to listen :(

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

It's easier to put your head in the sand unfortunately.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Some people just have a blinkered view of life, and a "it will never happen to me attitude", I say you never know whats around the corner and yes you should live for today but be prepared for what tomorrow might bring.

:)

Dandylion