• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

David V Lloyds HELP!!!!

david1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi every one.

I dont Bank at Lloyds Tsb now since 2 years ago, but have started to try and get back over £2500 in charges over the last 6 years that i banked with them.

i am new to this, so need some advice. I have sent my first two letters to

Lloyds Tsb

Box 1

BX1 1LT

i have not had a reply, does anyone know if this is the right address to write to????

I am also ready to start court proceedings but i am unsure what address to send the papers to, do you have to send the court papers to a registered office??? does anyone know???

Help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Where did you get that address from? I've never seen that one before. Did you send the letters recorded delivery and if so were they signed for?

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I think it's probably worth resending both of those letters as they may have never reached the relevant departments. Their registered office address is:

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

Or an alternative address is:

Customer Service Recovery Centre

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

The recovery centres seem to be the departments who deal with the initial letters, and your initial letter gets transferred to the relevant department.

When you file the claim I think it's best to use the registered office address.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have today posted my 1st letter again, only this time to the correct addy in birmingham. this time tho i have sent it recorded delivery as i have already posted two letters out to a box number addy and heard nothing.

fingers crossed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

recieved a response on the 15th april explaining how sorry they are that they have not responded to my complaint earlier hmm!! they go on to explain that they will write to me within the next 4 weeks either with a response to my complaint or with an estimate of when i can expect it.

thats a call for me to send my second letter and this time include my schedule of charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

i have recieved a reply letter today dated 19th April 07 but i actually recieved it today 3rd May 07 hmmm!!

I am presuming this is a reply to first letter as my second letter only went out 7 days ago.

it seems it is a standard letter saying sory but.... bla bla bla...

so it seems i have no alternative but to commence legal proceedings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I am about to file in Birmingham County Court - is it worth continuing??

I live in Birmingham, but Can I file in a different court?? if my case comes up against this judge he may dismiss my claim too.

Go ahead and file your claim. Dont pull out now .... thats what Lloyds are probably hoping everyone is going to do after their, so called, victory in Birmingham.

Keep the faith and follow the directions from CAG to the tee. These are tried and tested directions that have produced thousands of successful claims.

;)

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

David, Carry on.

Have you a copy of the 'Terms & Conditions' of the account to add it to your bundle when needed? If not get hold of a copy now and make sure you include it in the bundle.

We all realise that this is a worrying time, especially for those in Brum, but have a read of the other threads concerning the case and take heart.

Let us know what you do.

I am claiming on behalf of my wife who was horrified by the news this morning about Lloyds winning a case.

We're so stressed at the moment with reclaiming charges and other things going on around us, not to mention my wife being unwell, that we're considering throwing in the towel.

The stage we're at is Transferring of court proceedings to Cambridge. I paid £50 on MCOL to claim £380 (approx) against Lloyds via small claims court .

What would happen if we were to give up now? Do I just lose the £50 and end of story or will it be even more painful than that? How do you go about stopping it?

Please any advice would be grateful,

Thanks

p

People need to stop panicing and remember that this was one judge, one win amoungst THOUSANDS of successeful claims !

If everyone gives up now ... Lloyds will be laughing ... They want us to give up ... dont let them get away with this !

(sorry to rage, but we must stay strong and not throw in the towel)

:(:x:(

XxXxX

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

It's business as usual . .take along the terms and conditions in your court bundle.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

David, Carry on.

Have you a copy of the 'Terms & Conditions' of the account to add it to your bundle when needed? If not get hold of a copy now and make sure you include it in the bundle.

Hi

I closed my account with LLoyds about 8 months before I learnt that we could claim back "charges" so had chucked out all the T&Cs etc - as didn't think would ever need them again.

Do you know where I could get a copy from to include in my bundle for my up and coming court case.

Many Thanks

Bev :-)

Hi Curlychic,

I know you're right, and part of me wants to carry on fighting.

So tell me what is needed if we do end up in court? All I have is online print outs of my wifes bank statements that show the charges. This I gather is not enough evidence. We don't have a court date as yet but I am assuming its the next step.

Where can I get a copy of the LLoyds terms and conditions?

What else do we need for Court?

Advice pls...

P

Everyone will help you get your court bundle together as the time approaches(if it gets that far)

In the meantime read, read and read some more.

Here are a few links that should help you out and if you have any questions SHOUT !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/637-case-guidance-notes-bringing.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/82148-got-court-date-important.html

xXxXx

please dont give up now

:(

• Haha 1

I WON !!!!

Hi Curlychick,

I had a read through your thread earlier this morning and it has given me more hope to carry on! I started with my claim in Nov and it just seems to be dragging on and on and sometimes I just felt like giving up (my parents have both just been in hospital so was getting all stressed about everything!), so it really helps to get more encouragement from yourself and others on here to keep going. So BIG thanks and congtrats on getting your money back.

Bev :D

• Haha 1

hi everyone. thanyou you all so very much for all of your encouraging comments, i have decided to carry on and i am about to file on line this evening.

I am worried though about these terms and conditions as i no longer bank with Lloyds TSB and have not done so for the last 3 years.

SO WHERE DO I GET HOLD OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MY COURT BUNDLE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh! By the way my claim is for £3800 - so i guess the £150 court fee is a drop in the Ocean,

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so can anyone help me with this dilema.

Question 1):

do i have to file in Birmingham County Court just because i live there or can file in any court.

Question 2)

Where can i obtain the terms and conditions of my current account - bearing in mind i have not banked with Lloyds for 3 years.

Thanks

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so can anyone help me with this dilema.

Question 1):

do i have to file in Birmingham County Court just because i live there or can file in any court.

Question 2)

Where can i obtain the terms and conditions of my current account - bearing in mind i have not banked with Lloyds for 3 years.

Thanks

David

any help would be appreciated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]