• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

David V Lloyds HELP!!!!

david1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will call the court this morning, but to be on the safe side, i am going to send the court my schedule of charges spreadsheet and also send Sc&M a copy again and inform the court that i have done this.

In the meantime it has been 15 days since SC&M wrote to me with there enter into settlement letter, and reading some of the threads on this site - this letter from them suggests that they are ready to settle, so I am hoping for a fat cheque soon

heres to wishfull thinking

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just had a general Form of Judgment or order, as follows

before DISTRICT JUDGE DAVIES sitting at Birmingham Count Court

It is ordered that, unless the claiment by 16th August 2007 files at court and serves on the defendant further written particulars of the claim specifying the name, account number and sorting code of the account referred to, and a list of all charges complained of showing the date and amount of each one and the stated reason for it, the claim shall stand struck out without further order. Copies of statements may be provided, but they must be accompanied by a seperate list showing the charges in a convenient form for use in court.

The Claimant must when filing these particulars at court confirm in writing that he/she has, at the same time, sent copies to the defendant.

I dont understand as i have sent a copy of my schedule of charges as per the template as an attachment to my particulars of claim to the court when i filed on MCOL. I even telephoned the court and they confirmed reciept.

I have also sent two copies of my charges to Lloyds Bank and one copy to SC&M

What should I do ?

Thanks

David

Can anyone help me with this: i have had the above response from the court and what i can gather is that i need to send a more detailed particulars of claim because i filed on MCOL with the shortened version, and i understand a copy can now be found in the templates library.

My question is, do i send these revised particulars of claim on a plain piece of paper in a letter format or do i send on a N1 form?

Thanx

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Quite a few Courts are staying claims until after the OFT case, I would give your Court a ring and ask them what is happening with your claim.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes as thought my case has been stayed by the wonderful District Judge Cooke sitting at Birmingham County Court

It is ordered That:

The court is aware that a test case has been issued in the hight Court between the OFT and certain banks, with a view of deternining issues of legal principle in relation to the recovery of charges made on bank current accounts and the applicability of the unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations and other legislation to such charges.

Upon it appearing that the issues raised in the test case will affect this claim, the claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the decision in the test case. Either party may apply at any time, by application on notice in accordance with CPR23, to lift the stay. If there is no such application by 30th Sept 2008, the court will in any event then consider whether to make a further order.

Can i appeal? or is it best to wait for the test case?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

David1961, have a look at my thread, there may be some useful posts in there for you.

Obtained Judgement

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote:

Confucius say, Man who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

......................... ......................... ....

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 5 months later...

hi all. My stayed claim is for approx £3000

I haven't been on here for ages since the court case was anounced and the birmingham county court stayed my case.

But today i recieved a letter from Lloyds tsb (the first correspondence for over 6 months)

They have asked me to reconcider accepting the £750 cheque that i returned to them over 8 months ago.

They say in there letter that before i reject it they want me to know that the payment is an offer of goodwill, and does not affect my right to take further action if i think necessary.

They also go on to say that if the court finds in favour of the OFT, this payment may be deducted when they concider the rest of any complaint at that later stage.

Can anyone offer me any advise as to wether to accept the £750 or not??

Thanks

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Write accepting the payment in partial fulfilment of your claim advising them that you intend to carry to recover the balance as here and take the payment.

It is strange that Lloyds are doing this again.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I think you can safely accept their offer, but your acceptance letter needs to be carefully worded.

None of the letters in the link Guido posted are quite suitable as they refer to full and final offers of settlement, which this is not.

If you need help with a response letter, please ask.

Els

Elsinor

Yes here it is

Thank you for letting us know you're unhappy about the payment we made to you. I'm sorry for the delay in our reply.

Before you reject it, I want you to know that this payment has been made as a gesture of goodwill. It does not affect your right to take further action, if you think it necessary.

However, Lloyds TSB (along with other major UK banks) is currently involved in legal proceedings with the Office Of Fair Trading (OFT) in relation to bank charges.

Until this court case has been resolved, we asked the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints which relate to unauthorised bank charges (Or unplanned Overdraft fees as we have called them since 2 November 2007). The Financial Services Authority (FSA) agreed to this request subject to conditions which protect your rights.

What will happen next will depend on the courts. We do not know how long the case will take - but we have promised to proceed as quickly as possible but inevitably given the importance and complexity of the issues being considered this may take many months to finally resolve.

For now, we have registered all the details of your complaint, and updated our file with the latest correspondence from you. Once the legal proceedings with the OFT are concluded, we will resolve your entire complaint as quickly as possible. In the meantime we will keep you updated about the proceedings with the OFT on a regular basis. You can also check the latest position on our website Welcome to lloydstsb.com.

We appreciate that you may have wanted to have your complaint dealt with more quickly, or felt there were circumstances which justified this, however we can assure you we will be taking steps to ensure that your complaint will not be disadvantaged whilst our legal proceedings with the OFT continue.

We believe that our current account fees and charges are clear and represent a fair charge for a banking service that is valued by our customers. If at the end of the OFT case the court agrees with us, we will not reclaime this payment as we've made it to you as a gesture of goodwill. If the court finds in favour of the OFT, this payment may be deducted when we consider the rest of any complaint at that later stage.

Please let me know how you want to proceed. If you do still want to reject our payment please comfirm that you want us to cancel the cheque you've returned.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

David Clarke

Customer Service Recovery

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a letter for you to send, David. Make sure you add the references and/or account numbers from their letter.

Dear Mr Clarke,

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxx in which you reiterate your previous offer of a gesture of goodwill payment of £750.

In view of the assurances given in your letter, I now wish to accept your offer, on the basis that I retain the right to continue action through the courts, should it be necessary.

Please note that my complaint is already the subject of a claim in xxxxxxxx County Court, Claim No. xxxxxxxxxxx. This claim has been stayed, pending the outcome of the court case between yourselves and the OFT.

I look forward to receiving your cheque for £750, upon receipt of which I will inform xxxxxxxxx County Court accordingly.

Yours sincerely