Andy v Barclays (Please Help!)

Snailioni

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i'm new to this forum, and was wondering if i could get some advice.

i am a subscriber to the martins money tips email and have seen lots of articles about reclaiming bank charges, so i recently started attempting to reclaim bank charges from barclays and HSBC.

as far as barclays go, they are giving me the biggest headache! i sent off my first letter requesting statements, and after well over 40 days they finally get back in touch. this is the letter that came with the 'statements' -

here are the copies of the bank statements you asked for.

you'll notice that the copy is not an exact duplicate of your original statement. this is because we produce copies of bank statements in a slightly different way.

the copy may include details from past statements that have been sent to you. where this happens we've inserted a dotted line. above the dotted line you'll see the statement number and the date it as issued to you. the particluar statement you requested will appear between two of these lines.

now this has really confused me, when HSBC got back in touch there was hundreds of statements to go through, but barclays have sent about 20 sheets, and you can't see all the transactions from the last 6 years. i know for a fact that the account has had hundreds of pounds worth of charges, yet i can only see 1 charge on the list they have sent.

i hope someone out there can help, barclays have been the bain of my life years, and i would love it if i could reclaim some money back off them.

thanks in advance to any people who post on this thread.

cheers

andy

Hi,

that is just Barclay trying to make things difficult for you. I had received only statements for two years so I called them and i demanded all the statements for six years and to be sent in the next couple of days. (it is your right). I got them after two days all six. Sent letter with amount.

HSBC paid off everything and no problem at all. Very good service. So do not worry.

First of all you gotta decide whether to stay with us at CAG or follow MMT as some information will be conflicting. Following the guidelines as suggested on here has been well proved and tested with great success.

You should check the statement copies you have received and see if there are any large gaps between sheets, this will tell you if there are periods missing.

I think what you need to do is re request the information by using our template.

send it recorded delivery too

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.