• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds TSB requesting for claim to be struck out **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

My court case has been ongoing for around 3 months now. This is what has happened so far:

1: Initiated court claim through MCO

2: Waited 14 days for reply from Lloyds, though they then finally filed an acknowledgement of service and were given a further 14 days to file a defence.

As soon as the 14 days were up, I applied for judgement by default, though this was rejected by the court. I later discovered this was because Lloyds had transferred to my local court.

3: Lloyds lawyers requested statements within 7 working days. These were sent by recorded mail, though somewhere along the lines these got lost in the post. (so they say).

4. A letter from the court came through stating Lloyds have requested for my case to be struck out, because they had not received my statements.

5. We contacted the court stating the statements were posted, though got lost in the post. They simply then told us to resend them to Lloyds lawyers.

6. Court requested for us to send details of the claim, explaining why we thought the charges were unlawful.

The latest now is the court have given me another two weeks to explain why exactly Lloyds bank charges are unlawful. They stated failure to state why would result in the claim being struck out. The amount in question I am claiming is £1300.00.

So my question is, has this scenario happened to anyone else? And secondly what exactly can I state to the court, proving that the bank charges are unlawful?

Thank you very much for your advice in advanced.

David Hamer

Hi, David.

Welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=11

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

Sorry

Can you post your Particualrs of CLaim 'POC'

You can log onto MCOL and open your claim and cut and paste it.

(obviously blank out personal details first)

There have been a few people who have not put enough info or the incorrect info in there POC.

Once we know what youve put, we can get it sorted for you and get you back on track

PAul

6. Court requested for us to send details of the claim, explaining why we thought the charges were unlawful.

The latest now is the court have given me another two weeks to explain why exactly Lloyds bank charges are unlawful. They stated failure to state why would result in the claim being struck out. The amount in question I am claiming is £1300.00.

Hi David,

Can you post the wording of the order from the court please?

And also the letter which asked for the claim to be struck out.

I'll get this thread moved to LTSB for you.:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hello there Gary.

This is what the letter stated:

Upon reading the letter from the claimant dated 21 march 2007 which had attached to it a number of bank statements and upon the court noting that such a response totally fails to satisfy paragraph 1 of the order dated 9 march 2007.

IT IS ORDERED OF THE COURTS OWN MOTION THAT

1. The time for filing and service of a final particulars of claim be extended to 27 April 2007. In the event that the claimant fails to comply his action shall be struck out.

2. The claimant is recommended to tale legal advice if he does not understand the courts requirements.

The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

So, that is what it said...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best wishes

David Hamer

upon the court noting that such a response totally fails to satisfy paragraph 1 of the order dated 9 march 2007.

Ok, well I need to see that order then - we need to know what the court has asked for!

I'm assuming you've used inadequate POC's - PKea already asked what you used as your POC and you have not responded. Its not hard to remove the personal details, you just delete them.

Post up the wording of the order of 9th March as soon as you can - you need to act quickly as time is running out. I'll be back this afternoon or alternatively someone else might be able to help you sooner.

Which site have you been using up to now by the way, just out of interest?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hello there Gary.

This is what the letter stated:

Upon reading the letter from the claimant dated 21 march 2007 1 of the order dated 9 march 2007.

IT IS ORDERED OF THE COURTS OWN MOTION THATwhich had attached to it a number of bank statements and upon the court noting that such a response totally fails to satisfy paragraph

David Hamer

I might be pointing out the obvious here, but did you send a full schedule of your charges or only attach your bank statements to your claim form? Apologies if I have misread this!

Hello there Gary.

This is the letter from the 9th of March.

Upon consideration of the court file and of the courts own motion

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) Unless the claimant by 4pm on the 5th April 2007 files and serves a clearly set out particulars of claim which deals with the following:

a) The account number in question

b) How this claim was calculated

c) the basis upon which the claim is made

his action be struck out

2) In the event that the claimant complies with paragraph 1 above the defendant shall file and serve a defence within 28 days of service of the subsituted particulars of claim.

All we sent to the court and to Lloyds lawyers was our batch of statements, this is all that the FSB told us to send...

Best wishes

David Hamer

Have you been using MSE? Did you just attach your bank statements to your claim?

You need to check this link below and scroll down to the particulars of claim bit. If this isnt similar to what you submitted then this is what they are asking you for. Please read through the templates library so you know what to expect and check out the FAQ's.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Thank you so much, this would explain the letter from the court then I guess. All I stated in the claim form that Lloyds refused to refund default charges. So I therefore presume I'm going to have to change my claim to include the particulars as stated in the template library?

Thanks so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

David Hamer

I think this is what they're asking for. Im no expert but I also think that if you want to change the particulars of your claim it costs £35. Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable will come across this thread again soon and give you some more detailed advice.

I've only just sent off a SAR!! lol but it really helps to just keep reading as much as you can. Even stuff thats not relevant to you yet cos you'll probably need it at some point!

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Guest ChloeJane

Yes!

Hi

You are missing the most important part of the process and that is explaining your claim to the bank and to the courts. That is what the particulars of claim are!

What is missing is your N1 form. Monopoly gave it in a previous link! but in case here it is again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

What you are missing is this bit!

The Pariticulars of claim are your statement to the court and the bank of what you are claiming for, how you are claiming it, why you are claiming it and under what parts of the law you seek to use to back up your claim. The statements are not enough - you have to particularise what is the issue!

Below is the particulars....make sure you sign it as you are swearing it is true! The link above takes you through step by step!

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant [has] [had] an account1 ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around 2 [and closed on or around 2 ]

2. During the period in which the Account [has been] [was] operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £ 3 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act (1982).

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

Signed: DON'T FORGET TO SIGN IT

Please look me up in the chat room if you are struggling!!!!!

Guest ChloeJane

Gizmo,

Just for my clarification and am sure this person will ask...if not filling out the N1, what format do you suggest to do this in?

As it must have the statement of truth at the bottom yes?

Just thought even for my reference as I thought they would file the N1 adding it, that would they then do it and have to sign a seperate statement of truth>?

Just know how pedantic the banks are!

so interested to know format - e.g just type out particular etc...is there a format?

Is the statement of truth necessary as a seperate form to ensure it is accepted.

Thanks! (From Miss Curious)

Hello there Gary.

This is the letter from the 9th of March.

Upon consideration of the court file and of the courts own motion

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) Unless the claimant by 4pm on the 5th April 2007 files and serves a clearly set out particulars of claim which deals with the following:

a) The account number in question

b) How this claim was calculated

c) the basis upon which the claim is made

his action be struck out

2) In the event that the claimant complies with paragraph 1 above the defendant shall file and serve a defence within 28 days of service of the subsituted particulars of claim.

All we sent to the court and to Lloyds lawyers was our batch of statements, this is all that the FSB told us to send...

Best wishes

David Hamer

Ok, you need to comply with this order ASAP. Your POC should be a concise statement of the facts of your claim which discloses its basis in law - as does the one linked above.

Is this claim for a business account? If so, you need to use the Particulars of claim from this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html (just over halfway down the thread).

Set it out on a sheet of paper headed like this;

Claim Number:XXXXXXXX

In the XXXXXX County Court

Between:

[You]

and

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

Fill in the details, including your account number, and print off 3 copies. Then print off 3 copies of your schedule (or spreadsheet) if you have one. If not you need to list all the charges - the amount, date and reason for each. This is your schedule of charges.

Attach each schedule to each POC so you have 3 sets of each. Send one to the court ("file") with a copy of the above order and perhaps a short covering letter apologising for any inconveniance your misunderstanding may have caused.

Send another to Lloyds solicitors ("serve"), and keep the other copy for yourself.

Once you have served the claim you should send the Court a completed certificate of service, here

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n215_0106.pdf along with a copy of the POC so the court knows when the bank need to respond.

Bad start, but if you follow that to the letter your claim will be back on track.

Thanks for all your advice, it is finally all starting to all click now.

So I just need to therefore just forward the particulars of the claim as stated in the above post, editing it to suit my own case. I do hope I don't need to redo the claim with the N1 for though.

Thanks for all your advice, it is greatly appreciated!!

David Hamer

I do hope I don't need to redo the claim with the N1 for though.

No, not necessary - just follow the steps in post #19 above and if you get stuck just shout.

Sorry, did you say which site have you been using?

Gizmo,

Just for my clarification and am sure this person will ask...if not filling out the N1, what format do you suggest to do this in?

As it must have the statement of truth at the bottom yes?

Just thought even for my reference as I thought they would file the N1 adding it, that would they then do it and have to sign a seperate statement of truth>?

Just know how pedantic the banks are!

so interested to know format - e.g just type out particular etc...is there a format?

Is the statement of truth necessary as a seperate form to ensure it is accepted.

Thanks! (From Miss Curious)

Hi Miss Curious ;)

See Gary's post .

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Ok, you need to comply with this order ASAP. Your POC should be a concise statement of the facts of your claim which discloses its basis in law - as does the one linked above.

Is this claim for a business account? If so, you need to use the Particulars of claim from this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html (just over halfway down the thread).

Set it out on a sheet of paper headed like this;

Fill in the details, including your account number, and print off 3 copies. Then print off 3 copies of your schedule (or spreadsheet) if you have one. If not you need to list all the charges - the amount, date and reason for each. This is your schedule of charges.

Attach each schedule to each POC so you have 3 sets of each. Send one to the court ("file") with a copy of the above order and perhaps a short covering letter apologising for any inconveniance your misunderstanding may have caused.

Send another to Lloyds solicitors ("serve"), and keep the other copy for yourself.

Once you have served the claim you should send the Court a completed certificate of service, here

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n215_0106.pdf along with a copy of the POC so the court knows when the bank need to respond.

Bad start, but if you follow that to the letter your claim will be back on track.

Wow, Thank you so much Gary! So the 'schedule' I presume is the statements? Just want to make sure I undertsand completely!

But yes, this was for my business account, so I'll take a look at the link you mentioned.

Best wishes

David

No, not necessary - just follow the steps in post #19 above and if you get stuck just shout.

Sorry, did you say which site have you been using?

The website I posted to was this one, but I'm not sure if I was posting to the correct area.

Thanks

David Hamer

No, a schedule is a list of all the charges with the amount, reason and date. You do not need to send your statements at this stage.