Nationwide ignoring my SAR!

nursiepoos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi gang,

After a sucessful claim against Nationwide last year I am starting another claim for the 3/4 months worth of charges between the date that my original claim went up to, until the date they closed my account :mad: . It'll only be about £500, but its MY £500 lol.

Back in the beginning of Feb I sent my SAR with the £10 cheque, it was returned with a letter saying that I should sen a replacement chq made out to something else (cant exactly remember, instead of "Nationwide Building Society", they wanted "Our Names blah blah account", which I did.

The date I sent that new cheque off was 27th Feb (about 4 wks after the original one). The 40 days ran out on 8th April. Today its the 12th April.....What should I do? (Dont know if the cheque has been cashed - will look into it.)

Nursiepoos x x x

Hi Nursie,

I believe you should now compliain to the ICO and send an LBA to enforce the SAR. I would check when the cheque was cashed before doing so. Did you send it by Recorded Delivery? If not, add a few days on to be sure that you haven't mis-calculated the days. You don't want to give them a get out clause.

Non-Compliance Template

Information Commisioners Office complaints

Best of luck

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Nursie,

I believe you should now compliain to the ICO and send an LBA to enforce the SAR. I would check when the cheque was cashed before doing so. Did you send it by Recorded Delivery? If not, add a few days on to be sure that you haven't mis-calculated the days. You don't want to give them a get out clause.

Non-Compliance Template

Information Commisioners Office complaints

Best of luck

K.

Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply re Nationwide ignoring my SAR. I have since discovered that they have in fact cashed the £10 cheque. Gonna send the letter giving them 7 days and then complain to the ombudsman as you suggest. The 7 day letter threatens court action for access to this information (I wish I could just find my bleedin statements lol) is that through MCOL still?

Cheers

Nursie x

Hi again Nursie,

I'm not sure whether you can put the claim through MCOL

I looked at this:

DPA Non-Compliance Particulars of Claim which seems to suggest that it should be done using an N1 form at your local County Court. I've had a look at other similar threads and they all had to submit the paper version.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck