Hippo v NatWest

Micky the Hippo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm doing my best to, I'd love to be a barrister, should have gone for it when I was much younger, I'd be dead good at it, the barristering, the lounging around, the drinking and lunching, all of it, I'm a tailor's dream, tall, shoulders, waist

as to the belly, I started cycling 25miles a day to work a month ago for just that reason, dropped 12lbs already

anyway, I'm quite sure those London tailors conquered bellies inside pinstripe centuries ago, you're probably scowling at nasty off the peg suits :rolleyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah........... it's becoming clearer by 'the posts'. Barrister = drink, debauchery, licence to lounge like a lizard ready to pounce on one's prey at the least suspecting moment. You need a new username.......... mickytheloungelizard.

And I must commend you for your actions. Cycling 25 per day to work? Work from home with an exercise bike in the dining room? ;)

And I wouldn't dream of scowling at my cheap off the pegs........... I tend to weep instead!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

that sounds splendid although I think I'll swerve the debauchery, happily married and all that, there's nothing I'd like more than to be a lounge lizard in a well tailored pinstripe suit, with a slightly rakish cut

I wish, 25 miles of proper London streets, full on potholes, trucks, hills, idiotic pedestrians, wind, rain, etc etc, good fun on the whole, makes a fella feel alive

I wouldn't dream of commenting on your clothes, the narrow target of porky northern barristers in ill fitting suits was my only point

What you like!!! I confess to being in the same state - happily married, four children and a partridge in a pear tree.

I thought the streets of London were paved with gold? (allegedly!) Given the state of the roads, can I safely assume that Local Government in London is as efficient as up north?

Mind the potholes! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

only two kids and that's plenty, thing cost more down here

the streets of London are as bad as any in this country I reckon, awful, I don;t even know any more who fixes the roads, the Mayor palaver has removed the last of my understanding

the very odd piece of new road is like a dream before the normal service resumes

right, you're cluttering my grim and serious thread with chatter, get out there and help the site, not forgetting to check on me when I start squealing for help when the defence arrives

Ha! Enjoy your day!

Grim and serious posts only on here folks................ Micky bites don't ya' know! Well........... he pretends to! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

a parcel from Natwest yesterday, I really thought that this would be my old statements, I'd written a very clear letter asking for the pre 6 years or an affidavit and made it very clear that I didn't want the same six years again

sure enough, my fourth set of six years of statements

:mad:

Well, so long as you're writing a letter............... give the poor trees a mention please mate............ worries me sick all that waste ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

defence from cobbetts yesterday, a cheeky day late, the usual bullying aggressive cocky nonsense I think

I've only skimmed it at present

Am I right to think that a 'proper' copy will come from the court and that's the one I should reply to? Might be an AQ and so on?

No the couirt don't usually send it out because Cobbetts will have told them they have sent you one. You don't need to respond to the defence at all except, perhaps, to send Cobbetts a copy of your schedule, particulary if you applied via MCOL (I'm sorry, I can't remember if you did or not).

The next step is that you will hear from the court about allocation (either with or without an AQ). Wait until you get that before you do anything else.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

You could send them an SOC anyway.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

the two draft directions. Sorry for terseness.

I am pretty sure you will have been sent a standard Cobbetts defence - tey have a set of paragraphs which they put togther like lego depending on certain tings in your PoC.

There are cases where the defence has been struck out - usually after the AQs have gone in. Look at hedgeys thread linked from my signature - New nat west claim.... there is an excellent bit on AQ section G and linking in the draft directions.

right

so an AQ as instructed

a letter suggesting the defence be struck out

and a letter suggesting the draft directions

is the CI element of my claim going to queer any of this?

and thanks again, I'll take terse good advice over chatty nonsense any time

thanks for the link too, I'll get onto that before the weekend when I'm catching u with everything

The CI element will not invalidate anything else but be prepared for it being dismissed out of hand at any hearing. At thispoint, because we now know it will not be accepted, it might be better to leave it out. It's up to you though - there is the off chance that NatWest will py up anyway, including the CI

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mickey!

How come you have to fill out an AQ ?! Is it just up to the individual courts ?

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

morning miser

I think it's a court by court thing with more and more courts dispensing with it

It's stupid for a bank charges claim, if it wasn't for the draft directions and the strike out application, it'd take a minute to fill out and adds nothing to what you've sent the courts already

and gouges sir for another £100 soon after being gouged for £120, I have no idea what the extra £100 is for, so much for making the courts accessible for the common man

granted I'll get in back at some point but I'd rather have in my pocket for this weekend

Smile acknowledged yesterday too so there's another £220 in the pipeline

Edmonton court clearly likes me

:rolleyes: