Hippo v NatWest

Micky the Hippo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Howdy gents

sat here with six years worth of statements from two Natwest accounts

can I reclaim the monthly 'Account Fee' of £5?

I think this is a monthly fee for the privilege of being overdrawn

on top of that there's a monthly interest charge at £16.99% on the authorised overdraft, that can't be reasonable surely? (29.5% if it goes over the authorised limit)

many thanks, I have tried to search for this, honest

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank-you

Spreadsheet thingy is all filled in, total charges is slightly north of £900, which is nice

I have no idea how people manage to get into the thousands and thousands

It's a shame the interest on the overdraft can't be claimed, that'd be as much again

Anyhow, I'll do the next letter shortly under RD and see what happens

I'm waiting for six years of Barclays statements any day now too, they used to be very fond of a £25 charge for being over agreed limits, 'no more than three such charge per month'

erm, if I'm in the wrong place here, can I be moved to the Natwest section, the layout and navigation on this forum is rather unclear tothe new man

• 1 month later...

Howdy all

I've had two Natwest accounts dating back to my student days in 1984 so hods of charges

I've got the six years from them and put in a single claim as far as the LBA, didn't quite manage the MCOL before going on hols a couple of weeks ago

On my return I had an offer for a third of my initial claim in f&f, yada yada

After some more reading, I've almost finished reworking my figures using the full compound interest at the unauthorised rate on charges and interest on charges using the compound spreadsheet on this site

I'm sending that all off as a new Prelim letter stopping my initial claim and replacing it with this one

All good?

Now, if they receive this larger claim and then offer me full settlement of my initial claim am I bound to accept it? I assume not if it post dates my second claim/letter

And I'm assuming that I shouldn't accept the first offer even in partial settlement as it's not related to the second and current claim

And I suspect I've got statements going back a fair way earlier than six years (thanks to the wife) which will be prime charges years, should I do those as a separate claim? I'm keen to get the ball rolling, even with compound etc etc, my claim shouldn't be more than £2.5K, without CI it's less than £1.3k so I suppose I could roll it all into one claim if it made sense to

thanks

Hippo

Bump............ soz, got confused half way through!!! Anyone????

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I've resent the prelim letter cancelling my earlier claim and supplying a new claim with compound interest at the unauthorised rate

oof!

I've also sent a new SAR asking for statements from 1992 to six years ago, sadly without bong's splendid para about microfiched and signatures, that will have to go in the followup when they doubtless fob me off

I'm relying on the letter cancelling my first claim dealing with the initial offer of 30%

if I get the earlier eight years I'll be able to take the rest of the year off, I made a lot and spent a lot in those days with predictable chaos and charges

ho hum

a second letter arrived today, dated 26th March, the same date as the first offer, the letter is word for word identical to the first one other than the postcode being wrong, hence delay and the offer being £553 rather than £290 and a fractionally different 'Your ref'

Neither amount makes much sense to me, the first one was a third, the second was nearly two thirds, for a nasty moment I though they'd add up to the sum I claimed on my first letter, fortunately the total is £40 short of my initial charges only claim, they should now have received my second prelim offer with CI compound so close call there perhaps

no idea how they can send two letters out on the same day for different offers, I am claiming for two accounts but I claimed them together as a single sum, albeit with two separate schedule of charges, perhaps they received my LBA and knocked ot a second improved offer without changing the date, gawd know how they could get my postcode wrong on one of them

Can I offer to accept these offers in part payment without f&f settlement? Seeing as they're kinds sorta offered against an intial claim that I've now asked them to ignore

Guest NATTIE

Mickey, what have they not included, is it two unarranged borrowing fees early on or did you have an advantage gold account?

Hi Nattie

How would I know what they've missed out?

Even if I assume that the two separate offers sent out on the same day relate to the separate accounts and together form an offer for the two accounts I claimed as a single sum (I can assure you that the letters give no clue to that) it's simply £40 less than the amount I demanded

I've just checked the schedules and there's nothing that could add up to £40 at either end of either account

they were bog standard accounts, no extras, no nothing

ta

Guest NATTIE

Odd i would have thought if an offer had been made excluding interest that an obvious logic would exist. ie something at the beginning that was excluded. Oh, well onto MCOL you go.

on checking the schedules, they've offered in full on one of the accounts and £29 short on the other one, that makes no sense to me as I have no charge to that amount for them to miss out

the second letter arrived after I'd posted my second revised CI claims so I'm going to send a standard rejection pointing them to my revised claim

I claimed the accounts together as a single sum so I'm assuming that I can reject even the one that was offered in full?

Especially as it arrived after I'd sent out a new claim replacing my first claim?

Micky, starting to sound a bit confusing, but you seem to know what you are doing.

Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Micky a bit clearer now. You will be alright before you put your court claim in . Any amendments after that will cost you £35. Good luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

cheers Parkvale, I think I just about got away with, thankfully the Natwest offers were a tad short and separated by the wrong postcode

LBAs next week and then I'll start reading up on the N1/MCOL stuff, it all looks simple enough from my skimming to date, a few paras to cobble together for the CI angle I suppose

this site is utterly brill, massive respect to the people that set it up and run it

A betting Hippo ?:D

after seeing someone else's thread I called NW and asked for 1992 onwards statements

they said they only have seven years, I suggested otherwise and mentioned the DPA casually, the chap went to check with someone senior, still seven years

I mentioned CAG, SARs and the DPA again as well as saying others had managed to get 1992 statements

That apparently is a matter for Customer Care, after a considerable period of being on hold I was told they were too busy but would call me back withion 24 hours

On the subject of bets, who reckons they will?

They have my second SAR asking specifically for 1992 statements.

I really wish I'd done the bit about the Data Officer signing an affidavit that no such records existed, I did mention that and got a rather worried noise in response.

Ah well, all part of showing tham person is serious I hope

I'm betting on no call back and a fob off in reply to the SAR, I'll reply to that with a demand for the signed affidavit

Mickey, odds on certainty they don't ring you back, because most of the time you feel like you are eusa_wall.gif