Hippo v NatWest

Micky the Hippo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Woah Mickey !

Loking at your signature , you are clearly taking on the world!!!!

GO GO GO!!

Well I am glad that the northamtpon court (MCOL) decided to dispense with mine. Man..... that's a lot of extra money!

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about your Barclays Claim ? ..are you nervous about that now that with the OFT test case , it seems that they might aply for a stay ?

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

whatever really, I can only do my end of the documents and see what happens

as for the other claims, erm yeah, all the letters are easy once you've done the first one so what the hell other than court fees

I've got Egg and MBNA and Citi and Barclays2 and Halifax all on the back burner waiting to be progressed, three court cases at once did rather make me slow things down a bit

Woah Mickey !

Loking at your signature , you are clearly taking on the world!!!!

GO GO GO!!

Well I am glad that the northamtpon court (MCOL) decided to dispense with mine. Man..... that's a lot of extra money!

Hi miser - Northampton always dispense with the AQ now but, unfortunately, when they transfer the claim to your local court (unles Northampton is your local court of course!) your local court still may issue an AQ.

figures

but they appear to be an entire week late?

what's the point of me having to get something in on time if they (Barclays) have still not sent it in (or to me anyway) a week after they should have?

Frustrating isn't it!! NatWest do the same - always a few days late and the courts just let them. One rule for the rich....

• 2 weeks later...

Two letters today repeating their original goodwill offers with 60 days to accept, a letter saying that all courts have been told to issue stays etc etc

The offers are about 80% odd of my core charges never mind account fees, stat, debit interest and the CI (remember that?)

Tiresome, I think I'll wait to hear from the courts, I think I'm getting something from them shortly, I might write a letter offering to settle for everything barring the CI although I suspect it's a waste of time, have they ever negotiated on offers other than close to a court date?

I'm less than thrilled by the OFT stepping in save me like this, if nothing else I've laid out £650 in court fees and AQ fees

:evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Court date: 9th November for 15 minutes

and in the very same post a copy from Cobbett's of their application for a stay

rubbish it is too, apparently claimants are responsible for clogging up the courts and the bank wants to save time and cost wasted on litigation

:mad:

Court date: 9th November for 15 minutes

and in the very same post a copy from Cobbett's of their application for a stay

rubbish it is too, apparently claimants are responsible for clogging up the courts and the bank wants to save time and cost wasted on litigation

:mad:

They've got some front to say that we're the one's clogging up the courts - if they didn't drag things on in the first place, we'd all be paid up after LBA and there'd be no need to file at court anyway :mad:

Good news about the hearing date though Mickey - let's hope the DJ doesn't agree to the stay ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

That's good news Micky - I wish all courts were doing the same at the moment. Makes much more sense than just issuing blanket stays with no regard to the individuals involved - ridiculous situation :mad:

Glad you like the avatar............ sassy little devil ain't she - scares the kids to death!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Not necessarily - quite a lot of claimants have had their claims stayed just before the hearing.

But if no stay is granted before the hearing, you'd need to be prepared to argue against a stay being granted at the actual hearing as Cobbetts will push for one.

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

oh good, thanks for that

might as well get the letter asking for a stay to be removed all written and ready then

I did enjoy a couple of threads about the bank's person turning up utterly unprepared to do anything other than say 'we would like a stay' to a bad tempered and incredulous judge, I'd like a court day like that

cheers hedgey, as ever

My pleasure Micky ;)

A stay's been lifted today as well - it's in the new 'stays' forum. It's not much, but at least it's a start. Shows the other side that they're not automatically going to get all their own way as well! :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

A letter from Cobbetts today asking me, with reference to the attached letter (not attached) from the court to them in response to their request for a stay, do I agree to a stay in light of the OFT case

good news I assume

Should I just say no or should I ask for a copy of the letter

Is it up to them to ask me to agree or not to their request or should I be dealing with the court on this one?

sounds like Edmonton Court are doing the right thing

Edmonton? Isn't that where the stay was lifted the other week?

Cautiously good news! To be honest Micky, I'd request a copy of the letter that they 'forgot' to attach on the grounds that you can't make an informed decision unless you have all relevant facts and information to enable you to do so.

I'd also be inclined to ask the court why Cobbetts have sent you this letter - it's possible that they've been ordered to do so in response to their application(s) to stay your claim(s). And if that's the case - how sneaky! ;)

It's certainly much better news than we've been seeing on the forum in past couple of weeks Micky :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

hey Hedgy, my LLB starts in less than four weeks and I've starting reading the very first cases, the apparently classic smoke ball case of 1834 something so I'm feeling ever so slightly legal already

good news in that it's clearly not an automatic stay seemingly, seems like the judge at Edmonton is at least prepared to hear arguments

I'll do as you suggest, spec as the good lady wife concurs with your advice

what;s the goss on the forum? I've been on hols and generally a bit bloody busy and the impending law classes ain't gonna help on that front

is it stays left right and centre?

hey Hedgy, my LLB starts in less than four weeks

Crikey Micky, that's come round in no time. Where have the last few months gone? :o I have a feeling you're going to love every second of it mate. You're well up for an argument at the best of times! ;)

Seriously though, best of luck with it Micky. Enjoy every second of it and make sure you argue the toss at every opportunity. I'm actually quite envious of you - I'd love to do the same. However, duty calls (including the fact that I'm still paying off student blo*dy loans from years ago!) :D

good news in that it's clearly not an automatic stay seemingly, seems like the judge at Edmonton is at least prepared to hear arguments

It is good news. I just wish that other courts would take the same approach to be honest. From a legal (untrained!) point of view, I fail to see the merits of the whole 'blanket stays' business anyway. Surely they should be judging each case on it's merits and not just dismissing them with stays? Anyway, at least Edmonton (along with a few others) are applying the law as they see fit!

I'll do as you suggest, spec as the good lady wife concurs with your advice

Tell your good lady wife that I feel really flattered at that comment! I must be doing something right! :)

what;s the goss on the forum? I've been on hols and generally a bit bloody busy and the impending law classes ain't gonna help on that front. Is it stays left right and centre?

Pretty much Micky - most courts seem to be falling in line and applying stays as requested by the banks' litigation teams. I suppose it's to be expected really, but it's still incredibly disappointing. Especially when you see peeps have their final hearing date (that they've waited months for and sweated blood and tears over) only to find that the DJ stays their case automatically. Bit of a bummer.

Most of the goss itself is geared around the OFT test case (obviously!) and it's taking place in the general forum. The OFT's PoC was posted up there today which is creating a lot of discussion - well worth having a look IMHO!

Nice to hear from you Micky - you've been far too quiet! ;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

aintchoo sweet :)

I've had some advice from a few that have done this course and they all say it's bloody hard work and then some, 'read twice as much as you think you should' was one piece of advice, the very little I've done preparing for the induction has been scary

and yes, where did those months go? sigh

I swore a fearful oath when I finished my first BSc to never sit another exam ever again, :rolleyes:

but yes, I can argue for England, I thought I'd been very well behaved and positive on here

I suppose the judges are a bit keen to clear the courts of all the nonsense and get a precedent set, that and defer to the bigger OFT case

It is annoying, I was very galled to see your credit card case stayed, how on earth can they do that

as for me, too little time sadly, wife, kids, job

Hey Micky........ you cheer me up totally!

D'ya know what? I think you're going to relish the hard work! You'll absolutely love the buzz and excitement of doing the LLB along with seeing to the family as well. You're one of those people who thrive on constant movement - so it'll do your brain good to have a zillion things on the go (instead of a million things) at once! As for that fearful oath........ I swore it myself Micky - but between us and the open forum (!) I'd still go back and do it again!!! :D I don't think that the thirst for knowledge ever goes away......... in fact, it gets stronger the older we become!!!!

And you have been very well behaved on the forum.......... but it's totally obvious that you're an intelligent beggar who loves to argue the toss! Nothing wrong with that......... I love a good argument/debate myself!!!! ;)

As for 'time' Micky......... well, when you think about it, it's irrelevant!!!! it's a case of priorities with no. 1 being your wife and kids. Once you get that pecking order sorted, the rest is easy! E.g., the claim's are ongoing and don't require too much of your brain-power, so obviously the LLB comes in third place directly after your lovely missus + kids. Anything after that can fight for it's own place!

And as for the job............ sadly, some things have to go when we're chasing our dreams for the greater long-term good. So get a job that fits in with the above, bol*ocks to the bank charges and get on with it. At the end of the day, you'll be earning plenty enough once qualified to cover the charges and then some soon! You know it makes sense Micky - you gotta speculate to accumulate, and this is one of those times! x ;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***