Elvissprout vs Abbey

elvissprout

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right the time has come!

Time to get back the money that Abbey has nicked off me over the last 6 years. Don't know how much yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than I think.

Will be sending off the DPA request letter tomorrow via registered post with my £10 cheque and my fingers crossed!

All you can do now is sit back and wait for the 41 days to pass.

In the meantime it might not be a bad idea to read through the other Abbey threads just to get some more background info.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through other posts and noticed yours. Maybe this will help you.

When you get your statements check off the charges, make the schedule, send it to Abbey, you dictate the timescale and stick to it, if you dont Abbey will take 8 weeks to inform you their charges are fair,lawful and transparent,and no, you will not get a breakdown of costs, and should you still wish to complain send you compaint The Fin' Obs.

So, 1st letter=14 days. 2nd letter=14 days....Issue claim. No messing.

hmmm, sent off my request for statments on Friday 13th April (what a date to pick lol) and am still waiting for any response, I know they have received it as I sent it registered and the Post Office confirm that it was delivered. How long have other people had to wait for statements to arrive?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after nearly a month I have some sort of response from Abbey. They sent my cheque back `for safe keeping' as the address I gave doesn't match the address on my account! Yeah, the reason being is Shabbey's own bloody fault, I changed my address before I sent my request but it didn't filter through the system. AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

Am writing back sending cheque again with my request for statements. I'm assuming I can carry on the 40 days from the original request but if someone can tell me otherwise (or confirm I'm right) it would be very useful.

Ta