Alliance & Leicester Arrears Fees

sybil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am just preparing Court Claim after A & L's time has run out. Am claiming for arrears fees over last 12 years. Not ERC. We paid mortgage off last years after 30 odd years with them. Sent LBA had the usual fob off letter. Not sure whether to do MCOL or local County Court any advice ? The claim without interest will total less than £5000, but with the added 8% interest the total is over £5000, which i understand is the limit for the small claims court, which court will it go to and do the court services allocate it. Any other advice most welcome. Have been reading this forum for 4 months and swotted up as much as possible. Had really good advice from a member who was sucessful, but i'm getting a bit nervous now !

Sybil

Just a quick question.

Did you get a list of the arrears fees from A&L via the usual SAR or had you kept a record yourself?.

I only ask as I am thinking of doing the same with Bank of Ireland but not sure how to start.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Had got last 5 years statements , so sent SAR, requesting back 12 years,enclosed £10 cheque, they returned in a week, then sent prelim letter,then LBA, got all instructions from Templates library which is fantastic, and Philip Hindleys Thread which is marvellous. Read also FAQs mortgage companies, if you have not done so already.

Many thanks Sybil.

I will fire off a letter to BOI this weekend and see if I can get back the fees that they have charged me when my accounbt was in arrears by just over £1200.

I was paying this back at an agreed sum of £75 a month and they were taking £30 of this as a fee for managing the arrears!!!

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.